Hello dear Friends and happy Friday to you!
I meant to post this yesterday but I didn't get to it as I went out for the day with a girlfriend of mine.
Do you have plans with your sweetheart for Valentine's Day this weekend? We are going to stay in and I'm going to make us a fun dinner and dessert. We will probably snuggle up and watch a fun movie too. 💗 We always exchange a few small gifts as that's both of our love language.
We also continue to watch and enjoy the Olympics. The mixed doubles curling team that is from our area (the sister city with ours that's just a drive over the bridge from us) achieved a silver medal...yay!
Today I'm off to do some hospice work, but I thought I would first share these recipes for a couple yummy, but healthier, snacks.
First up are these banana oat muffins:

They were really tasty and a bit healthier as the bananas act as a lot of the sweetener so there is less sugar. Also, the oats give a bit more fiber and a chewier texture (which I like). I did add a small amount of chocolate chips because well....chocolate. Lol 😋 The batter was easy to prepare. I just sprayed my muffin pan well and didn't use liners and they came out just fine. I enjoyed half of one with my coffee for several mornings. And I shared some with my Mom and step Dad and they really liked them as well. The recipe is below:

Next up, I'm not sure if you've seen the viral trend for putting a few biscoff cookies in some plain greek yogurt and chilling it a few hours? The yogurt softens the cookies and they say it tastes like cheesecake with the yogurt tang but the sweetness from the cookies.
I made my own healthy version of that with my yogurt I enjoy as my treat most nights anyway. It's low cal, high protein plus greek yogurt has helped my gut health a lot. I put in a few oreo thins (I break some in half to fill in more of the yogurt area). Cover it and put it in the fridge so that it has at least a couple of hours to chill and soften until my dessert time. And it has been SO good!! It definitely gives cheesecake vibes for probably less than half the calories of a real slice of cheesecake - plus health benefits. It's been so good and I definitely recommend if you like cheesecake.
And lastly, I just wanted to share this devotional reading from today. This world continues to feel so crazy. And when I read devotionals like this I just feel such comfort -and thought you might too.
Blessings always and have a wonderful weekend.
xoxo
I love the devotion. In these times it's so good to think on the attributes of God, knowing He is still in control.
ReplyDeleteThe muffins look good, that yogurt cheesecake looks amazing! I need to try it.
We're going out for a nice supper tonight. Tomorrow is our daughter Heather's birthday and I'm spending the day with her - shopping and lunch. We'll get back in time for her and Andrew to celebrate, but he's watching the kids for the day for her to go out.
Happy Valentines Day friend! Enjoy it with your sweet Matt!
Blessings to you too Carrie! Your muffins look so good. Have a fantastic Valentine's Day!
ReplyDeleteI also have a recipe they are called muffin tops and they are pretty good, they have chocolate in them too :) I also have yogurt almost every day. Great devotion, so thankful God is everything we need!
ReplyDeleteHello, Carrie! Those muffins... I may have to try them. They sound and look amazing.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the devotion!!!!!! Glory Be to Our King.
Have a great day friend that is full of love.
ReplyDeletersrue.blogspot.com
Happy Valentines Day Carrie....❤️.. Yum...I think I'll have a couple of these if you don't mind. Looks so good. Enjoy this beautiful LOVE day..
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentine's Day, my lovely friend! Enjoy with you man! The muffins looks delish!
ReplyDeleteyour!
DeleteGood morning, my friend! It's good to be back, and so lovely to catch up with all your news. I hope you and Matt enjoyed your Valentines celebrations.
ReplyDeleteThe banana muffins look delicious. I might try baking some later this week. Xx