Monday, February 2, 2026

Happy Homemaker Monday




Hello Friends! And hello...



Another new month is here! It's always so nice when you get through January in the northwoods because it's always such a long cold month. February always flies by and then by March we can at least start to think about Spring and warmth.

How was your weekend?
Ours was lovely because our dear Aaron and Jill were up for a visit. They stayed over and on Friday we played lots of games, went out for pizza, and had a great catch up. Then Saturday Matt & I did things around the house, went to evening mass and out for dinner (the kids had things going on with Jill's family). Then on Sunday they hung out here and we watched Annie's hockey game (streaming - she scored a few goals, yay!), played more games and I made us all dinner.  We just love all of our kiddos so much and treasure any time with them!! 

Wishing you all a happy Monday and a blessed and cozy week ahead....












THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

















ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

just protein coffee today












ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

out to lunch to do some honorary Auntie's birthdays, groceries later in the week, errands, projects, check in with friends about super bowl plans, hospice work














THINKING ABOUT: 

How terrible it is that I have cabin fever already. I need to just continue to focus on the peaceful, restful, and cozy nature of hibernation season that will be continuing around here in the north.














THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY:

a freshly washed super soft fleece blanket right out of the dryer
















CURRENTLY READING

Summer at the Comfort Food Cafe by Debbie Johnson

(Just a little bit left to finish) 














ON THE TV TODAY:

  Jeopardy, old seasons of big brother & the office, Junk or Jackpot on HGTV, Best Medicine, the Pitt, Shark Tank, Miss Scarlet & All Creatures Great and Small on PBS, cooking shows and movies













ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - gruyere and white cheddar chicken patties on keto toast, salad



TUESDAY -  protein pasta with marinara, & meatballs, veggies & dip




WEDNESDAY -  egg bake, salad




THURSDAY - chicken soup dumplings, veggie spring rolls, fruit



FRIDAY - out for dinner?
















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

read, work on fun projects
















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:















FROM THE CAMERA:




I've been enjoying this new devotional :) 






the moon was so pretty over the weekend




since kiddos were coming home, of course I wanted to bake them something (butterscotch and chocolate chunk bars 😋)



love my foamy almond milk creamer on my coffee (& love when my coffee loves me back...do you see the heart at the top?)






the usual critter traffic around here - bunnies with their extra big fur coats and Bubba on squirrel patrol









PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. 

For the Lord's love and peace to fill 2026. ❤️ 

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way to loving our neighbors as ourselves. 🙏🏻












PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I hope you get to do lots of this over the week ahead. 💗

I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

15 comments:

  1. Now I have to look up Junk or Jackpot - that sounds good.
    Love that fluffy bunny too.
    Glad you had a nice weekend with Aaron and Jill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun show Mari! Matt wanted to check it out as one of the episodes was about a person that collects video game stuff (which Matt does). I think you'd get a kick out of it. :)

      Delete
  2. I love to putter!!! I just saved a few cute quotes on pinterest last night to share on my blog. :) Your menu sounds good. I haven't had Egg Bake in a long time. Hmmm...I may need to add it!! I am starting to get cabin fever too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puttering is the best, isn't it Chrissy? 😉 Egg bake is so great for using up all the things in the fridge you need to get rid of and just throwing them in with the eggs - add cheese and bake. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh I can feel the comfort of the warm blanket from the dryer now! Thank you so much for the encouragement you left on my blog. It was so helpful for me to read today. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big hugs back Marilyn! I hope I was helpful and didn't ramble too much. I just feel such understanding and have been there. Blessings to you!

      Delete
  4. Hi Carrie, What a nice time you had with Aaron and Jill. We love family time too. I am very taken with your Devotional Coloring book, and have never seen one before. What a great idea. The moon is indeed pretty, and makes this hot old lady cool right down looking at the snow and the fir trees, as well as the cute critter traffic: dark on white, always chic :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trish! The book was a neat find when we were shopping in FL. It's so meditative to color anyways - and with devotional thoughts on the brain it's extra lovely. Blessings :)

      Delete
  5. Carrie, it looks so cold up there! And I've had cabin fever the past few weeks, even though this week is finally warming up. We watch Best Medicine and love it! Did you watch the original Doc Martin? It's a great (and very quirky) show and they based Best Medicine off of that. And I'm interested in that coloring book/devotional. That looks like something I would enjoy. I hope you have a great week! Stay warm :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie! I have watched some of Doc Martin but should really go back and watch it all. I think Best Medicine is a really cute take and I've always liked Josh Charles (the doc actor). I found that coloring devotional in a store when we were in FL. The store is called Altar'd State and has really cute Christian clothing, jewelry, and items like that book. Blessings :)

      Delete
  6. I love your description of the winter months. January always seems to drag on especially with the cold temps. I know I'm ready for spring. Our cats have been watching the squirrels in the snow too. We don't tend to see any bunnies here up on the mountain. He looks very cute with his fluffy coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! I think many of us who deal with cold/snow etc start longing for Spring about now. Lol We sure get the bunnies here. They come clean up all the birdseed the birds scatter from the feeder -along with the squirrels. Blessings xo

      Delete
  7. How wonderful that they can come up and see both families, we use to do that to when our parents were living, now we only get up to Michigan once maybe twice a year to see our siblings. I haven't started watching the PITT yet I am waiting for them all to be release and then watch one every day, at least that is my plan :) I am enjoying all creatures great and small too. I saw the moon too and thought it looked so pretty, glowing off the snow! Happy puttering week to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pictures - I always say that, but I do! And that bunny is so cute! February is my least favorite month of the year. My mom passed on Feb 6th - BUT - my daughter was born on the 14th. So at least I like one day. Hope you're having a great week and staying warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry so late in visiting. Love the pic of Bubba watching the squirrel. Enjoy your hibernation (it is the same here too)

    ReplyDelete