Monday, July 3, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday


Hello and Happy Monday! ☀️ 


To my friends celebrating the Independence Day holiday - I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Even though the 4th is actually Tuesday I know many folks around here celebrated at cabins and with family and friends this past weekend. 

We went to Matt's lake property to see his folks this past weekend. And help his Mom with a few projects. She also had a box of old pictures and loved sharing them with me. πŸ’•  We also had fun munching, playing games, and playing on and in the lake. :) Matt even talked Ruby into going in and getting washed up. I swear she's completely his girl now! 
🐢 πŸ’— 

We have friends coming to hang out here tomorrow. The weather looks like it may be stormy at times. But we may try to sneak in pontoon time. Play games. And we're going to have yummy food of course. πŸ˜‹ Lol And if the weather cooperates we'll have a fire and then go watch local fireworks tomorrow night. 

I hope you have a lovely holiday or just a great old week ahead!





















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

































ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


piece of toast, iced coffee with vanilla almond milk cold foam




















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

home projects, groceries later in the week, some errands, hospice work, July 4th hosting - making goodies


















THINKING ABOUT:  

hoping it won't storm tomorrow - or at least not rain too much, so we can get in some pontoon time and outdoor fun first























AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE


Nice and sunny today (at least for now) Looking out to my deck and my little garden table is becoming so full it's spilling over the sides:






















CURRENTLY READING

I have yet to start the new book I'm planning to dive into - been too busy working on home projects 






















ON THE TV TODAY:

  HGTV shows (currently loving Vacation House Rules), AGT,  Outlander, And Just Like That, Younger episodes I didn't finish, old movies taped



















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - sausage & cheese tator tot egg bake, fruit



TUESDAY - friends over I'm making BBQ pulled pork for sandwiches, a pan of semi-homemade mac & cheese, coleslaw, corn on the cob, melon, homemade pb cup bars, red, white & blue chocolate strawberries. My friends are bringing taco dip & chips, other goodies & some beverages πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ 



WEDNESDAY -  leftovers




THURSDAY - pasta with meatballs, salad, garlic bread




FRIDAY -  ??


** thinking about the extras I want to bring to donate to the cause for a future long weekend visit to Matt's lake property (when his relatives and family friends will be there too) I think I'll make & bring:

- a big bowl of this munchie mix here.
- banana bread for breakfasts
-2 pans of blackberry cobbler & vanilla ice cream
-a batch of banana split cookies here.
-maybe taco dip and chips too?




























TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

read, walk Ruby, have fun with friends





















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:























FROM THE CAMERA:







I love Ten Mile - especially being on the pontoon.  It's always so fun to see the beautiful places on the lake. Everyone had their American flags flying high this weekend! 









Okay, Just a warning now's the part where I have a "Matt moment" Lol I took pics of some of the adorable pictures his Mom showed me. I want to put some on here for remembrance purposes. A lot of the purpose and fun I have with this blog is to be kind of a record of my life and I can look back on memories. πŸ’— 


Things the pics helped reinforce what I already know about Matty mine:

1. He was one of the cutest little kiddos ever






I mean come on! The cuteness!! 😍 




2. He has always loved fishing







3. He has always loved football








4. He and his folks have always been the 3 musketeers.  A gal feels grateful to come in 4th πŸ˜‰ And that he's so good to his family and loved ones. ♥️ 












And I'll leave you with the moment I captured Matt getting Ruby to VOLUNTARILY get in the water & get washed up. He's the Ruby whisperer! 















PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the dark everywhere. For everyone to have a safe and fun July 4th πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ πŸ™ 




















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


My yearly planner has these cute pages for each month...with artwork and a saying. This was July's 😊 Have a wonderful week and happy 4th to those that celebrate! 

I'm sharing with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

6 comments:

  1. Matt was such a cutie (and still is) :)
    Love that shot of Ruby! She looks so happy.
    We are also having pulled pork tomorrow. No rain predicted here, but I would take it. It's so dry here.
    Have a wonderful day!
    PS - I liked all your other recipe plans too. They will enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thatnks Mari! The rain held out except for a little sprinkle. I was so happy!! I hope your day was equally wonderful. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Ok. He was a cutie!!!! And still is! Your meal for tomorrow sounds DELISH! I love pulled pork. And I hope you get perfect weather for fun and fireworks. Enjoy, lovely friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much dear Billie Jo! :) I'm sending you leftovers in my daydreams. Lol I hope your day was lovely just being mellow and with all those you love. xoxo

      Delete
  3. So nice you had a good weekend, so fun to see childhood pictures of the one we love :). It is good that Ruby feels so comfortable with him. Hope the rain held off and you were able to enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! I love seeing old pics of folks too. :) The rain did hold off and we were thrilled to get in a really fun day! I hope yours was great too. xoxo

      Delete