Hello beautiful Friends!
Happy Thursday. It's a very blustery one in the northwoods today. We got about 3-4 inches of snow again overnight. And today it's sunny and clear but VERY windy gusts out there. Every now and then it swirls like a white tornado out my kitchen window.
Yay for being cozy and warm inside right? Is there a better feeling than sipping fragrant spiced tea while watching the snow swirl out your windows? I'm sure there are, but at that moment it feels about as good as it gets. :)
Today I thought I'd share a bit of cozy in the form of a soup recipe I found that I plan to make in the near future. As a gal of part Polish heritage I grew up being very familiar with cabbage rolls. Well, this recipe I found is for a cabbage roll soup. I think I'd prefer my cabbage roll this way - with the cabbage chopped up nice and smaller. I was searching cabbage roll recipes when I came across it at the site dinneratthezoo.com
Cabbage rolls are such a comfort food anyway, but in a soup I think even more so. I like when someone is able to take a dish and make it into a soup. I have a lasagna soup recipe I plan to make soon too for that reason. I will let you know how it goes when I make each of them. But for today here is the recipe I found for:
Cabbage Roll Soup
Doesn't that sound so warm, comforting, & wonderful? 😋
Now when I was looking through some recipes, I was of course looking at the millions of recipes I've pinned on pinterest. And I couldn't help but look at some recipes I'd like to try in the Spring. You can find all of these recipes under my board Spring/Easter which you can find if you click here.
I definitely plan to make these closer to Spring.








It's getting really windy here too!
ReplyDeleteThe soup looks so good. I like cabbage rolls so I think I'd like this too.
Your Spring things are so cute! I actually did those pretzel bunnies with the girls last year. But I saved the shamrocks and will try to remember them. They would love that!
I'm blessed to live in Florida (I can't imagine 1 inch of snow let alone 3-4 inches!), but I do love a nice hot soup even in the hottest weather. My husband does too. He's a carpet cleaner and told me he had a crazy day today so it sounds like a little comfort from a cabbage roll soup is in order. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
ReplyDeleteWhat a bunch of fun ideas! And though I'm not a fan of cabbage, that soup looks delicious! I am planning on making the meatballs you shared a few days ago. I'm looking forward to those :)
ReplyDeleteHubby loves cabbage rolls and I haven't made them in a very long time, maybe I could do this one instead :) We planted rhubarb and it ended up dying, don't know if it was where we planted it or what, maybe we can try that one again.
ReplyDeleteI’m so hungry. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletewww.rsrue.blogspot.com
A good hearty soup - that does look delicious. I cooked something similar for dinner last night. It was covered in thin potato slices, then sprinkled with cheese, and cooked in the oven until golden. Very tasty. And better still, i get to eat the leftovers this evening :)
ReplyDeleteIt is cold and windy here, today. My washing is getting blown about on the line. Xx
The soup looks so good! I might make this for St. Paddy's Day instead of corned beef and cabbage. I'm not a fan of corned beef anymore - too salty. And I love the pretzel Celtic crosses! This Irish gal has what she needs now! Lol xx The blackberry cupcakes look good, too. I always have an abundance of those in the fall and always looking for recipes. I've wanted a rhubarb plant for so long. Maybe I'll find one this spring. One thing the deer won't eat, at least. I'll be jumping over to your Pinterest page now. xx
ReplyDeleteIt is nice to stay inside on a cold winter day. We are expecting more snow and cold this week, so a baking session and soup sound good. Sending hugs xo K
I love what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and coverage!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the very good works guys I've added you guys to blogroll.
my homepage; spaceclubdisposableshop.com
Watermelon zour kandy strain.
Space club apple rings.
Banana glue vape.
Glueberry pancakes.
Lava melon strain.
Guava blast vape.