Friday, February 21, 2025

Five on Friday: Life Lately

 


Happy Friday Friends!

We all made it through another week and now it's time to soak up the weekend. I hope you have some fun planned ahead! 

I'm not sure what we're doing around here yet? Maybe out for dinner one night, and I do know we'll do church time and we have a plan to do dinner & play cards with my Mom and step Dad on Sunday. 💗


I'm doing extra hospice work today so I only have time for a quick post, but I at least wanted to pop in. I have some really yummy recipes to share that I made this week - but I will share them next week since I don't have time. Instead I just took some top pics off of my phone and thought I'd share the goings-on here for Five on Friday, as I haven't done that in a while.  I'll be sharing them with the blog My Creative Life and you can find that blog here.









ONE:

Would I truly be a person of the northwoods if I didn't talk about the weather? It's been SO cold here lately(below zero & single digits), but there is hope! This weekend it warms up to the 20's-30's, and next week a day even in the 40's. Yippeee!  In the meantime this is what I've been doing on repeat...








TWO:

Next, as a furry Mom I must mention that my sweet Ruby got her beauty appointment in this past week. Isn't she beautiful?? And she's forever my favorite car buddy. Love her!! 







THREE:

And I can't talk about Ruby and then not talk about my sweet Bubba bear. A Mom can't have favorites, right? He forever keeps us entertained with his energy and curious mind. He LOVES watching all the critters outside. And I recently got him this little mat that squeaks, laughs and randomly swings around a tail with a feather on it. He is crazy for it and plays it constantly!! Really handy when he's wanting my attention and I'm in the middle of something else - children they are, furry or not. 











FOUR:

I love a good slow cooker. And I had recently gotten this smaller 3 qt size for the super bowl to make the queso dip. But it's size is so hand for just 2 people sized dishes. I often still like my larger one for freezing or sharing meals with my Mom. But I had a leftover pack of just 2 chicken breasts that were thawed and I threw them in the slow cooker with some salsa, lime, honey, tajin & taco seasoning and after 5-6 hrs on low shredded it up and it was delish!! Easy meal to throw in our low carb tortillas with some toppings. So if you want slow cooked meals for 2 just halve the recipe and cook in the smaller cooker. Pretty handy. 












FIVE:
And finally, just thought I'd share this is also on repeat in our healthier world these days. The dates filled with some peanut butter, walnuts or peanuts and some chocolate and sea salt sprinkle on top. Chill and such a yummy treat. Leftover chocolate was used to dip some fruit. 





Also, love these spicy plant based chicken patty's. Tons of flavor and protein. We heat them up and cut them up. Then put them in a brown rice bowl (tip: make the brown rice with chicken broth instead of water - you have a complex carb that actually tastes good!) We drizzle a little sweet chili sauce on top and some crushed peanut and such a yummy healthier high protein lunch. 










Thanks for visiting! I treasure that so much. I'm behind on visits but I will catch up in the days ahead. Blessings to you all on your weekend and always. 
xoxo



11 comments:

  1. Ruby and Bubba are both so cute. Ruby looks like she knows she's extra beautiful after her treatment! :)
    I love my smaller crockpot. I have 3 of them, the big size, a medium one and one that's quite small but I use it often for things like sloppy joes, queso...
    Have a wonderful weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that precious little one fresh from the spa!!! She is beautiful! Our pups have appointments on Tuesday, thankfully. Right after they come back from their appointments, I am adamant that I am going to keep them up, nice and clean. And I do. Until I don't. And then they start to get ratty looking, and I think I may as well wait until their next appointment! Love me some lime chicken. Thanks for the idea. Have a cozy, lovely weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pets are so cute! And I'm going to try that yummy chicken! Thanks for the recipe :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fur babies are so sweet! Your meals also look delicious! Have a good weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had fun reading your post. I think you just sold me on getting a smaller slow cooker. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and that it warms up soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always lovely to see photographs of your fur babies, Carrie. And Ruby looks so cute in her neckerchief :)
    I have a small slow cooker like yours, but it's surprising just how much they can hold. I'm sure it will be in use later this week. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure does sound cold over your way, Carrie. Curl up and read is a good idea. Love your pets: Ruby just knows she looks fabulous after the beauty shop, and that cat mat is the funniest thing. Hours of fun. Meanwhile, I'd just love a bunch of your peanut butter date treats. Yum. Have a great weekend xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brrrrrr!!!! I can feel the cold from here! Hope you get that warm-up soon and it stays that way! We are finally getting our usual gray, drizzly, 40-ish degree weather after a couple of weeks of snow and cold. Ruby looks so stylish with her bob and kerchief, and that mat sounds like a great idea. My son and wife have 3 black cat-babies and they would love that. I love the crockpot recipe, and I just bought one of those little crockpots, too! Thanks for sharing that. Hope you get a little bit of down-time soon to relax this weekend. Hugs xo K

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so nice to have some warmer temps coming and getting a touch of spring :). Your furbabies are both cuties, I try not to have a favorite but... my little Opie just loves to cuddle :) We could use something like that for Buttons he needs so much attention or he gets himself into trouble. The taco recipe does sound good, I will have to look for that recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining me for Five on Friday, your fur babies are so cute. I'm a cat person, though I don't have a cat now, just the dog now... Ruby is so sweet, such a pretty girl. Your chocolate fruits look so tasty. Have a good week. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey I just went out and bought a smaller slow cooker, was telling hubby about your chicken taco recipe, so I came back to write it down and you don't have any measurements of anything, do you just eyeball it or do you have a recipe to follow, I am not a cook so I need an actual recipe to follow, LOL!

    ReplyDelete