Hello my Friends!
Happy Friday Eve to you. :)
Do you have any fun weekend plans - particularly any fun Valentine's plans?
Matt & I are planning to snuggle in as more snow is on the way tomorrow night. But he's going to cook me a steak dinner. Yay me! ππ
We also have some little gifts we plan to exchange together. And I ordered us some special gourmet chocolate covered cherries and a few chocolate truffles that arrived the other day that I'm chilling in the fridge until tomorrow. Isn't it wonderful to have an excuse to celebrate L❤️VE?
I thought I'd share a couple recipes I had made for our little Super Bowl gathering last weekend. And one of them is for these amazingly decadent and delish blackberry swirl cheesecake brownies! They would be SO perfect as a valentine treat too.
isn't the swirl so pretty?
You can see the spread behind us with all the goodies. We watched on the big screen downstairs in our media room (& half of the downstairs is Matt's office as you can see too)
You can find the full recipe for these brownies on my pinterest board "sweet treats" which you can find if you click here. But here are parts of the recipe I was able to screen shot (it didn't have a print option which makes it nice and neat). I took a shortcut and made the brownie layer from a Ghiradelli brownie box mix which I highly recommend. So much easier and SO yummy. So I'm only sharing the rest of the recipe for the cheesecake layer and the blackberry swirl.
*so basically make the boxed mix by the instructions and pour into the bottom of greased 8x8 pan. Then follow the rest of the steps shared here. Doing the boxed mix did add to the overall baking time for me. I think mine took more like 45 minutes or so. I topped them with a drizzle of chocolate sauce and fresh blackberries on top. They were a hit with everyone!
Some other ideas the recipe gave were:
☀️ serve them in the summer with blackberry sorbet (doesn't that sound amazing?).
ππDo an Autumn edition and add a little bit of cinnamon and nutmeg to the brownies.
π❤️πAnd even a holiday version by adding some orange zest the cheesecake layer. No matter which way you make them - I just recommend that you do!
Another yummy snack at our super bowl table was a queso dip. I didn't get a good after pic but this was it looked like in the works melting in the slow cooker. We had done up a nacho bar with different chips, taco meat, and then queso dip and all the fixings - so everyone could build their own nacho plate. This queso was also a hit and wonderful to keep nice and warm in the slow cooker for the whole evening. You can find the recipe under my pinterest board "appetizers" if you click here. But I've also shared it below.
Enjoy!
xoxo
Yum! We just had supper and you're still making me hungry. Thanks for the recipes!
ReplyDeleteThe brownies and dip look amazing!! Happy Valentine's Day!
ReplyDeleteYou got me. I made those brownies last night after reading your blog. They are fantastic and perfect for Valentine's Day for my kids and I.
ReplyDeletetwo things that are hard for me to pass up, love them both! I am trying to decide between keto brownies and keto carrot cake for my birthday next month :)
ReplyDeleteOh my, what delicious recipes Carrie. I'm sure your guests loved your great cooking. Happy Valentine's Day!! xoxox
ReplyDeleteGreat blog
ReplyDeletePlease read my post
ReplyDeleteThose brownies look amazing. Hope you enjoyed a wonderful Valentine's Day. Xx
ReplyDeleteBig Yums here. I made copies of these recipes to fix this next week.. Can't wait!! Happy Sunday Morning..
ReplyDeleteThose brownies look so good, think I'd make them in the summer maybe although my Valentine doesn't like cream cheese at all. More for me ;) Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend!
ReplyDelete