Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Happy Homemaker Monday (on Tuesday)



Hello Friends and.....



Can you believe it's September already?? And yep, I know - it's Tuesday already. I enjoyed the long Labor Day weekend fully and didn't hop on the computer yesterday, so doing HHM late. It was a weekend spent with Matt's folks up visiting. So I spent time with them hanging at Matt's, going out to dinner,  and playing games. And also spent time at home with my kiddos (in between their time at friend's cabins etc) and took Ruby for some good walks. So it was a full and fun one here. I hope that you had a wonderful weekend too! 

Thank you, again, for all the encouragement, kind words, and prayers for my Mom. Thankfully she was able to go to a rehab facility last week and get more therapy. And she was able to get home yesterday - yay!! We had a meeting with the medical team last Friday and worked out everything she was going to need at home. As well as an outpatient cardio rehab plan. My step Dad is wonderful and helpful to her too (even though he's a bit compromised himself). She has a long road ahead of healing and rehab yet - but she's pretty independent (with a walker) now and is THRILLED to be home, as you can imagine. Getting rest in her own space is going to be the best medicine for her, I think. 😊 I will, of course, be over there regularly helping with anything they need. As well as I'm already getting meals prepped and freezing things to stock up their freezer with home cooked meals, to keep it healthier and easier for them. I am beyond grateful she has come so far in a month and is continuing to head in the right direction!! Thank you Jesus! 

One sad thing that happened over the holiday weekend was the loss of my former FIL. He has gone to join my MIL in heaven and I'm so grateful he is free from his health prison. I feel so blessed for the almost 30 years I had him in my life. My former in-laws were my other parents and I loved them so very much. I will miss them forever and I pray for my ex and his brother to have peace and comfort as they adjust to having a different family dynamic now. As well as pray for my kiddos losing another grandparent. I have a dichotomy of emotions inside me. Remembering the wonderful years I was in the marriage with my ex and being part of that family. Loving them all fully as my own. Wishing it had all been different. And then feeling so grateful that I found a second chance at  a life of love. And loving Matt's folks now - and feeling a part of a new family. Life, love, emotions....sure lots of complexity. But I'm grateful for the roller coaster life is in every way! ♥️ 




























THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
































ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

a piece of apple cinnamon kringle, part of an apple with a little natural pb, coffee with salted caramel protein creamer


















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

errands, bring food to Mom's & help with any needs, hospice calls & volunteer at facility, new oven supposed to come this week, my son moving out with gf - making plans for redoing that room, home projects to get ready to decorate for Fall 






















THINKING ABOUT:  

Home projects, things I can do to help Mom, plans Matt & I have for future Fall adventures






















CURRENTLY READING

not sure yet- still deciding what to dive into next


















ON THE TV TODAY:

 Grace & Frankie (on the last season) and Blown Away - both series on Netflix, Life and Beth (Hulu),  Real GF in Paris (on Bravo), America's Got Talent, Big Brother, House of the Dragon, football starts & my Packers play Sunday! Yay!!
























ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

    MONDAY -  had steak dinner at Matt's last night


TUESDAY - steak, egg & veggie breakfast scramble, fruit


WEDNESDAY - cinnamon streusel bread french toast, bacon, fruit


THURSDAY - slow cooker sweet & sour meatballs & veggies, cauliflower rice


FRIDAY - maybe grill something? maybe out for dinner?























TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

read, maybe color in Fall coloring book, do some yoga, watch Fall things on youtube, play cards & watch football with Matt




















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:



I love this vlog on youtube that is an Asian couple living in Paris and enjoying life there - they share how they're learning the food and culture





















FROM THE CAMERA:





beautiful flowers from a neighbor bestie that sent one for me and one for my Mom 😍







cheers to having so much fun with Matt & his folks 💗 












starting to prepare for all things Autumn 🎃 













PRAYER LIST:

For my Mom's continued healing and strength. For my ex & my kids for the loss of his Dad/their Grandpa. For special intentions

 For peace and healing in our world. 🙏 















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I hope you have a beautiful rest of your week Friends. I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

13 comments:

  1. It's looking very Fallish over here today! But it's ok - it's time now and I'm getting ready for it. :)
    So thankful to hear the news on your mom! Answered prayers for sure.
    Sorry though about your ex FIL. I can see how that would bring a whole assortment of emotions.
    I'm glad you are enjoying Matt's parents and getting along so well. And of course they love you! Who wouldn't?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari. Yep, so grateful for answered prayers. And I definitely think Fall is in the air here too. Thank you so much about FIL comments. I will forever miss him and my MIL. But so grateful they were in my life. 💕

      Delete
  2. First of all so sorry for your loss. ((hugs)). Glad your mom is doing much better. Seems like you enjoyed your time with your new inlaws. Love the glass pumpkins! Have a great week. Lucie (luludou)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the love Lucie! I sure appreciate it. You have a lovely week too. xo

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear your mom is home and continues to improve! What are your thoughts on House of the Dragon so far? Hubby and I were having a big discussion about it last night. Ahhh yes, football! Can't wait!!! And your Packers are playing my Vikings to kick off the season. SKOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb! So far Matt and I are loving HOD - but we're behind one episode right now. I was in a "mixed marriage" my ex loved the Vikes too. LOL It's nice cuz Matt loves the Pack with me. I will be kind and respect your right to like the, ahem, wrong team. 😝 I wonder if you & your hubby have been liking HOD too?

      Delete
    2. LOL about the, ahem, wrong team. At least you didn't say the losing team. =P I used to be a Raiders fan way before I ever met my husband, and he wasn't even into football until he met me. We eventually adopted the Vikings as our team because hubby's ancestry is Scandinavian and his father's side were from Minnesota. And yes, we've taken crap for it all these years. We're nowhere near the WI/MN border. We're right in Packer country.

      We are indeed enjoying House of the Dragon. I think I even like it better than Game of Thrones because there hasn't been as much sex and gore.....so far, at least. I'm #TeamDaemon

      Delete
    3. Well I will respect your Vikes love a bit more now, Deb, since you're nowhere near my territory and you're still a fan. ;) And for loving football in general. Lol And team Daemon, huh? So you like bad boys...good to know. haha! 😉

      Delete
    4. So, um, sorry for your loss. =P
      And what's with Aarogant Rodgers' freaky weird hair?

      Delete
  4. Wonderful news about your mom making it home, that is great news, yes I feel you can heal better in your own home. Sorry to hear about your former FIL passing, just because divorce happens doesn't mean that you stop caring for family members. so glad you found a new love again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Connie. Appreciate the support so much! I feel blessed to have someone so special in my life - when I was certain lightening wouldn't strike twice. And yes, my former MIL And FIL are family forever in my heart. xo

      Delete
  5. I am SOOOOO SORRY to be so late this week! and I'm SOOOOOO SORRY to hear about your FIL. But, I am also SOOOOO HAPPY to hear that your mom is home! Such wonderful news!!!!! I am so envious of your fall weather this time of year! I look forward to reading tomorrow's post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry about your former father-in-law. It sounds like he was a wonderful man and I know that he will be greatly missed by you all. Also sending up prayers for your mom.

    I had to go read some of your previous posts to see what was going on with her and she and I sure have a lot in common. I had bypass surgery six years ago and it was the hardest recovery I've ever had. Glad she came through her stent procedure and is making strides. Sounds like you are helping to take great care of her! And the cardiac rehab will definitely help her feel more confident.

    I just love all of your fall decor! And it sounds like you had a great weekend with your Matt and his folks! I'm so glad to have found your blog and I will definitely be following along!

    ReplyDelete