Hello and happy Thursday my Peeps!
It's a bright sunny one today and I'm soaking up sunbeams through our windows. I was up doing hospice work and now that I'm home I wanted to share a recipe today. I have several from last week to share but this is the one I'll do today. I'll share the BBQ onion crunch chicken with a sweet and spicy cauliflower side dish next week. All of the recipes were good, but Matt & I both really loved this one. It will definitely be on repeat throughout the year!
Have you ever had cabbage rolls? I grew up knowing about them in my Polish heritage. Well this is the flavors of those rolls, but much easier to put together and to eat. And even tastier in my opinion. It's a comforting and incredibly tasty soup. I found the recipe at a site called dinneratthezoo.com
Here's how it's done:
In a big pot brown your lean ground beef in a little oil. Then add in some onion and garlic and cook. Then add in lots of chopped green cabbage and some sliced carrots. Cook it all down for a bit more.
Then add some tomato sauce. The recipe called for 3 8 oz cans, but I just did one 15 oz can and an 8 oz can and it was fine. You could always add in a splash of water if it's too thick. And now you also add a carton of beef broth.
Plop in a bay leaf....
And add some long grain rice.
Of course some brown sugar for a little sweetness. And salt and pepper all along the way as you like.
Mix it all up well and simmer until your rice is nice and tender.
And this soup just got even better as leftovers. SOOO good. Again, if it gets a little thick add in a splash of water or more stock when you reheat. I think it would freeze great too. Our bowls got topped with some fresh parsley. Matt also topped his with some parm cheese, but I loved it just how it was. This is also a wonderful soup to dip a roll or buttered bread into and soak up the broth.
Here's the full recipe:
I hope you give this one a try. It was excellent.
Blessings & enjoy!
xoxo









Yum, yum, yum! I like cabbage rolls and this looks like a winner!
ReplyDeleteIf you like those rolls - I know you'll like this Mari! 😉 We will be making it again and again over here.
DeleteThe finished product looks delicious! My husband would most likely put parm cheese on it too. I'm really curious about the next recipe. Can't wait! I made your meatball recipe and loved it!
ReplyDeleteThanks Debbie! I love those meatballs too....another regular over here. This soup is definitely on the same tasty comfort level as the meatballs. 😋
DeleteYes i have made cabbage rolls many times but not in awhile, this sounds like an interesting way to make them, and easier :)
ReplyDelete