Thursday, August 3, 2017

Sloppy Joe Casserole

Hello my Friends! 


We're having a lovely rainy day here in the northwoods. It's making it nice and cozy, but not the best for a getting groceries kind of day. I had planned on doing that and then was going to make this casserole that I had pinned on pinterest. It sounds like something especially up my Hubby's alley. But I thought I would share the recipe off of pinterest with you today anyway. I have it pinned under my board favorite recipes which you can find here.  It looks great for a quick and easy dinner. So I won't have a report on what we thought of it yet, but I thought you still might want to check it out. Happy Thursday to you! xo


sloppy joe casserole 2


Ingredients
  • 1 lb ground beef or turkey
  • 3/4 c ketchup
  • 1/4 c yellow mustard
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 pkg cornbread mix - about 11 oz. box ingredients to make this - mine just needs water
  • 1/2 onion diced - optional
  • 1 small can of green chiles optional

  1. Brown the ground beef and onions in a pan on the stove.
  2. Once onions are softened and ground beef is cooked, turn heat off.
  3. Add your ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Stir in with meat until well combined. Taste and add more sweetness, ketchup or tang of mustard according to your liking.
  4. Spray an 8x8 pan with non stick spray and pour your sloppy joe mixture in, evenly distribute across the pan.
  5. Use a bowl and make your cornbread mix using the ingredients necessary on the box or bag. (could add small can of green chiles into mix if you like - yummy)
  6. Pour your cornbread mixture on top of your sloppy joe meat into your dish.
  7. Put in the oven for the amount of time and temperature your cornbread mix requires, until top is golden brown.
  8. Serve and enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. My hub would love this - he's a fan of corn bread. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet Mari! I would do at least a pound and 1/2 of meat mixture (there was too much cornbread) and make it in a little bigger pan so cornbread is more spread out. Also could add cheese in the cornbread mixture - yummy! ;) xo

      Delete
  2. Always great to try new things hey! Hope you get to make it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! This does look good! Send me some of that rain, will ya? Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending rainy thoughts your way!! xo

      Delete
  4. That does sound really delicious Carrie. Too bad I have never seen corn bread mix in Australia! :) Happy weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely getting hungry Thanks for sharing this recipe, Carrie!

    I've really slacked off on blogging, so it's very nice to stop by and see you again. Love the new design...and I just wanted to let you know I still love the scrapbooks I made, which you helped inspire. Just the other day, I was adding a few birthday cards in. Scrapbooks are such an easy, efficient way to store memorabilia in an easy-to-read and easy-to-find format.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear from you Bethany! Just so happy that all is well with you. And I couldn't agree more about the scrapbooks. ;) Glad you're still loving that like I do.
      xoxo

      Delete