Hello my Friends!
We're having a lovely rainy day here in the northwoods. It's making it nice and cozy, but not the best for a getting groceries kind of day. I had planned on doing that and then was going to make this casserole that I had pinned on pinterest. It sounds like something especially up my Hubby's alley. But I thought I would share the recipe off of pinterest with you today anyway. I have it pinned under my board favorite recipes which you can find here. It looks great for a quick and easy dinner. So I won't have a report on what we thought of it yet, but I thought you still might want to check it out. Happy Thursday to you! xo
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 3/4 c ketchup
- 1/4 c yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 pkg cornbread mix - about 11 oz. box ingredients to make this - mine just needs water
- 1/2 onion diced - optional
- 1 small can of green chiles optional
- Brown the ground beef and onions in a pan on the stove.
- Once onions are softened and ground beef is cooked, turn heat off.
- Add your ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Stir in with meat until well combined. Taste and add more sweetness, ketchup or tang of mustard according to your liking.
- Spray an 8x8 pan with non stick spray and pour your sloppy joe mixture in, evenly distribute across the pan.
- Use a bowl and make your cornbread mix using the ingredients necessary on the box or bag. (could add small can of green chiles into mix if you like - yummy)
- Pour your cornbread mixture on top of your sloppy joe meat into your dish.
- Put in the oven for the amount of time and temperature your cornbread mix requires, until top is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!