I hope you've been having a great week! It's been a busy one here, but I'm finally popping in to wish you a happy Friday and share this yummy cake recipe...just in time for Valentine's Day. ;)
Last weekend my friend had to work and we weren't able to have our usual super bowl party together as families. So Hubby and I enjoyed the game together at home and I made some yummy snacks and this cake. It was SO good! My kiddos were especially crazy for it. And it was easy because I used a cake mix at the base - which is quick and perfect on a relaxing super bowl Sunday, right? It was so good and rich and would also be a perfect romantic Valentine's cake as well.
Look at all of those delicious and rich chocolatey layers. It sure hits the spot if you're craving some chocolate.
I made the cake by using a chocolate cake mix and following the directions for a 9x13 pan. When the cake was cooked through I poked holes all along the top and set it aside. I then took a can of sweetened condensed milk and heated it on the stove to about boiling and then poured that over a cup of semi sweet chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl. I mixed it together until it was blended and all of the chocolate chips melted into a sauce. I poured that mixture over the top of the cake making sure it got down into all of the holes. I made a fluffy chocolate pudding frosting for the top by taking a box of instant chocolate pudding and mixing it in a bowl with 1/4 c. of powdered sugar and added 1 c. of cold milk. I whisked that for about 2 minutes until it was thickened. I then added in 1 tub of cool whip and folded it in until it was all blended and fluffy. I frosted the cake with that and garnished with some mini chocolate chips (so almost 4 layers really?). I then put the cake into the fridge until it was time to serve. Keep any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Rich and delicious chocolate cake with gooey chocolate goodness in the center and light fluffy chocolate frosting on top. Yep....it is a perfect Super Bowl, Valentine's Day - or really any day - dessert. :)
I hope you enjoy! xoxo
I'll be sharing this with Andrea of Scrapality for Scraptastic Saturday.





Yum! That looks just scrumptious!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mari - it was great!!
DeleteAnd...that looks amazing!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love a cake with that type of icing.
It is lighter and fluffier, right?
I am showing this to Peyton ASAP!
Have a cozy evening, my friend.
My kids are all out sledding, and I am snuggled with my puppies. : )
yep - lighter and fluffier frosting Billie Jo! And boy, if you want a chocolate fix it definitely hits the spot!!
DeleteI love reading your delicious recipes Carrie. I think I have only ever made one poke cake, but my goodness, the mouth waters just reading about it! I bet your family enjoy this one very much indeed.
ReplyDeleteThanks Trish - it was SO yummy! Very rich, but still didn't last long around here. Lol
DeleteI love a cake with that type of icing.
ReplyDelete,Thanks for your sharing.
หนังสืบสวน
Thanks Valybora! It was very yummy and I love sharing recipes I know are good ;)
Delete