
Hello and Happy Monday Friends!
I'm so sorry I skipped out on things the whole last week. Life was really crazy. We had family visiting here that prior weekend and they stayed into last Monday. Then Tuesday Annie had lots of sports stuff and had to run to get a bday gift for her friend who's party was that night. Then Wednesday morning Aaron had his wisdom teeth out so I was dealing with that most of the day and playing nurse a bit the end of the week. Throw in trying to fit in some dating time for my guy (his name is Jason) and it was a very full week. But I'm happy to be back today and plan to catch up with all of you wonderful friends! Such are these flying days of summer.
Annie was gone with her Dad for hockey all of this past weekend, although we squeaked in some golf time together before she left. So I was able to spend a bit more bonding time with Aaron and I can't believe he'll be leaving me in about 2 weeks. Someone hold me while I weep, please? I'm so excited for him and can't wait to see how he spreads his wings, don't get me wrong, but now that it's becoming real my Mommy heart is beginning to mourn a little already. And with the recent horrible shootings - it doesn't give me any more reassurance about having him go be on his own. I have been praying so hard that those in power...that have the ability to truly make changes in this world - step up and start changing things!!!!! We cannot tolerate this anymore. It is ridiculous to me that NOTHING CHANGES!!!! But I'll stop ranting now and get ready to jump into this week. Hope you had a wonderful weekend and are ready for a new week as well.
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING
Aaron is at work, but I was so happy to have my Girl back at home that I made Annie waffles with fruit topping for breakfast. And I, of course, had vanilla iced coffee too 😋
RIGHT NOW I AM:
Listening to Annie talk to her friend that came over. They're listening to their music and talking about plans for later in the week. Her friend is going to a theme park a few hours away and asked Annie to go with, and Annie is SO excited! She loves parks like that and roller coasters and all of the rides.
AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW
Storms just rolled through and it's still cloudy and dark and still some rain. It's supposed to let up by this afternoon though
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
Aaron went camping this weekend and there's still some equipment lying around. Annie's things from the weekend too. I can hear the ever present sound of laundry going. We're having family over for a fun night to have more Aaron time before he goes, so I'll be doing more in-depth cleaning today. We're going to do games and a pontoon ride. I'll make appetizers and we'll order in pizza. We'll do sundaes for dessert
ON THIS WEEK'S TO DO LIST:
CURRENTLY READING
ON THE TV TODAY:
America's Got Talent, Big Brother, Grantchester, Hollywood game night, HGTV shows, Kids Baking Championship, some movies taped right now including Hidden Figures and A Star is Born. My Mom and I watched The Wife this past weekend and it was really good. Glen Close was amazing in it
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY: one pot veggie spaghetti I never made the other week with corn on the cob and garlic bread
TUESDAY: family fun night and relatives over -- order in pizza, apps for on the pontoon, sundae bar dessert
WEDNESDAY: corn, avocado & barley bowls with pickled onion and crispy tortilla strips (BA meal)
THURSDAY: seared pork chops & peach salsa with pimento cheese mashed potatoes (BA meal)
FRIDAY: maybe throw something on the grill?
WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT
Working on a little scrapbook type book for Aaron before he goes off to college. It has tips and reminders for how to do things like laundry, some of his favorite recipes, life lessons etc 😉
NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:
might make a new freezer pie recipe
TIP OF THE WEEK:

FROM THE CAMERA
Here's some highlights from a visit by my Aunt, her 2 daughters and 2 granddaughters. Although only my one cousin and her 2 daughters are in the pics from some reason. My Aunt and other cousin were too camera shy I guess 😉
PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.
Here's some highlights from a visit by my Aunt, her 2 daughters and 2 granddaughters. Although only my one cousin and her 2 daughters are in the pics from some reason. My Aunt and other cousin were too camera shy I guess 😉
This beach was so beautiful and unique. I'd never been there before even though it's in my "backyard". It's made up of only pink stones. They came down from the cliffs (we have a lot of clay in our area) and over time the wind and waves wore them into these beautiful pink stones. When you walk on it they all clink together and make kind of a magical sound. Truly enchanting place. Only Annie and my cousin's daughter Esme were brave enough to take a dip in cold Lake Superior
daring Gals braved the cold lake!
And of course one night we had to eat at our favorite local place for the best pizza around!!
The day after our guests left Annie & my Mom helped me still squeak in Christmas in July right before July ended! We listened to Christmas music and made my Gram's recipe for cut-outs and her homemade cream cheese frosting. With Christmas in July you get traditional cut-outs sitting next to a flower, pineapple, butterfly or even a cactus!
Love this pic from the birthday party Annie went to with a group of her buddies
Is my Girl not the cutest?? And I find it hilarious that checkered Van's shoes are back in style - what we used to wear in the 80's!!
And these final days of summer are filled up with watching my lilies come out in abundance and lots of time with my other "girl" my Ruby girl!! 🐶 ❤️
PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.



















OMG, I adore that last flower photo, such a fantastic composition! Your menu sounds yum, your week busy but love filled. That tip is fantastic, I had not heard it before, and your sons going to college gift is so sweet. As usual, a delight to stop by your place, have a fantastic week!
ReplyDeleteI feel like I've been kind of skipping out, too, on everything lately, Carrie, and while, thus far, I've managed to keep up with HMM, everything else has kind of taken a back seat to more family-oriented things, but I figure that's okay. As for those fears that assail your mama's heart, keep in mind, the One that created our children love them so much more than we do. Plead the Blood of Jesus daily and trust God for His mercy, care, and protection over all. I know you already know this, but it's just a friendly reminder from one mama whose been through setting six children out on their own and now dwells in an empty nest. For those that put their trust in Him and Him alone, God's love never fails. Blessings, Sweet Friend! Holding you close in my heart...Rebecca
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures! Especially the cute flowers at the end. :)
ReplyDeleteYou have been a busy lady! I can't get Christmas cookies made at Christmas and here you are doing it in July.
Our kids grow too fast. I was a mess when my son graduated high school because he joined the army and I was just counting those days until he left - and crying...
I held on to the fact that God has our days numbered from before we are born, and nothing can happen to us or our kids that he doesn't know about. So, if something was going to happen to Andy it would happen whether he was in a car here in the states, or in the Army in Afghanistan, and all my worries wouldn't make a bit of difference. And remembering that God loves him, even more than me helped too.
It's still hard though - praying for you.
Love your quote this week. And I'm right there with you and all the feelings about having one leave home. Hope you have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteYour posts are always so full of love, Dear One. Makes me proud to see the life you lead. Are you allowed to take some of those beautiful pink stones? They would look beautiful in a glass vase. My camera is still messed up, but haven't forgotten about the photos I promised so you can make a decision. Bear with me. Ceilings are painted, so ready to put the house back together. Dust EVERYWHERE from sanding the drywall seams. Eck! Bumps in the road.
ReplyDeleteTell Annie I love her bathing suit and high five for her brave chilling dip. Love to all my special girls, AP
Missed you last week... but spending time with family is a perfect reason to go missing! Love all your photos. the one with the girls walking and the trees is really cool! And lets talk about that last flower pic! Love, love, love it! I have seen a cross stitch kit at Joann's like this... now I must go pick it up and stitch it! It won't be nearly as pretty as your pic... but when I stitch it I will be thinking of you! Have a great week!!
ReplyDeleteI can't handle the thought of my kids leaving, but I know my time will come too. I am praying for you through this new chapter in your life.
ReplyDeleteLove your photos, as always. Isn't it funny how the kids today are all starting to wear things we did back in the day? hahahah
Hope you have a blessed week, my friend.
xoxox
Seems likes lots of girly fun! great pictures. Good luck to your son for college - I'm sure all will go well.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week
That is a full week indeed! You have my full permission to take a long nap. :)
ReplyDeleteA lovely post Carrie. I like seeing pictures of Lake Superior, and those pink stones are beautiful. It sure does look cold though. Family is everything, and so good to have visits from cousins/aunts etc. We are having a gathering next Sunday, at my father's old town. Your pansies and geraniums are looking so pretty - enjoy the Summer. xxx
ReplyDeleteWow, your lake pictures are GORGEOUS.
ReplyDeleteAsk Again, Yes is on my TBR list!! I've heard so many good things.
This must be a week for wisdom teeth removal...I had mine out this week, too.
Happy Friday!
I really enjoyed your post today!! I LOVE all your pictures - so much fun family time and that picture of Ruby on the pillow is just precious!! I LOVE that beach though it's been way too many years since we visited the magical place. I LOVE that you were able to get Christmas in July in too - what fun!
ReplyDelete