
Hello Dear Friends!
Happy new week to you. I know I'm in and out of blogging, but it's just how it rolls this summer. It was a fairly quiet weekend here as the kiddos spent it at their Dad's. But my Mom came and hung out and we grilled and played games. And last week the kids and I stayed with some family friends of ours and their 2 kids at a lovely cabin on a resort. It was a big cabin with enough bedrooms for everyone and 4 and 1/2 bathrooms! It was on the beach on a beautiful lake. We had great weather and so much fun!! We social distanced and they had things set up around the resort so it was easier to do. And we wore masks anywhere we went. But we spent most of our time either on the beach or out in the water or by our own firepit. We played kick golf (soccer golf on the golf course), and rented a boat one day with tube for the kiddos. We also hung out and played games in the cabin. It was great!
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING
cereal, coffee
HOW I AM FEELING THIS MORNING:
sun is shining and I'm ready to tackle the day
ON MY MIND:
Things going on this week. Annie has a dentist appt. My Bro and SIL may come over to hang out later in the week - swim in the pool and hang out on the deck etc. Also, thinking about jobs I'd like to accomplish around here.
Annie's school schedule came and at this point they think they're going to kind of hybrid the upper grades with some at school time and some asynchronous days at home. I feel so much for all of the teachers and students. It's such a complicated situation and of course I just want everyone to be so safe and keep healthy
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
It's bright and tidy and Ruby is wagging her tail at me with her squeaker toy and wants to play. Lol
CHORE I'M NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS WEEK:
I have yet to finish my craft room - I tidied quite a while ago, but I want to give the room an overhaul and re-organize
CURRENTLY READING
summer magazines
ON THE TV TODAY:
I've been catching up on some movies I had taped, Big Brother, HGTV shows, I just binge watched all of the PBS Sherlock Holmes (with Benedict Cumberbatch) and they were so fun! I'm currently watching Love on the Spectrum and it's fascinating and sweet - it's about autistic folks that want to interact with others more and date. I'm also watching Crazy Delicious on netflix too.
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - gyros sandwiches
TUESDAY - turkey, cheddar, cranberry sliders, salad
WEDNESDAY - french toast bake with berries, bacon, fruit
THURSDAY - grill polish sausages, veggie packets, corn on the cob, chips, melon
FRIDAY - ???
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
read out on the deck listening to the birds, swim, have a fire and watch the sunset
FROM THE CAMERA:
Some pics of the cabin we rented. It was 2 stories and had a big deck on the upper level and it felt like we were in tree house.
Ready for boat day- my coverup that was over my swimsuit ☀️
I was put in charge of sangria and even brought my nice glass hobnail pitcher from home
We had gorgeous nights watching the sunset and then the big full moon rise
latest garden bounty included a nice big zucchini, so had to make some bread. So good!
I used this recipe from allrecipes. But for the direct link click here.
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.
PRAYER LIST:
For our world and all of it's continued turmoil and pain. For a covid vaccine. And all of those fighting on the front lines of this pandemic. For those sick, suffering, isolated and alone. For peace and healing and unity. For the safety and health of my family and friends, especially those doing sporting events right now. For Scott continuing his work in law enforcement and as a first responder 🙏









