Monday, August 24, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday


Happy Monday my Friends!

I can't believe how fast this month is flying by! My Girl starts school tomorrow, and if that's not a sign of impending Fall - I don't know what is. I love Autumn. It's my favorite season. But I just feel this need to cling to summer extra this year. I'm still treating the pool. I'm planning more pontoon rides. Lots of grilling I'd like to do yet. That being said - I also just bought a Fall candle and some soaps from Bath and Body. Lol I guess I'm feeling torn where to let my heart rest yet, so I'm dreaming on both seasons. ☀️ 🍁 

This past week and weekend was all about celebrating my Aaron.  We had a little party for him here on his actual bday with my Mom and his friend and GF over. Then this past weekend we celebrated with Ad and my FIL.  We'll celebrate with my Dad & step Mom next weekend. I guess it's just a party kind of month. 😉 🎉 


















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING

slice of almond kringle, cantaloupe, iced coffee

















HOW I AM FEELING THIS MORNING:

Feeling very happy that I finally have a dryer again!! Due to complications they weren't able to get to it last week. So this weekend I had to haul laundry to my Mom's again. They just finished it this morning and I don't know that I've ever been so happy to do laundry in my life! Lol













ON MY MIND:

Getting things all set for school for Annie. They're having an informational zoom meeting tonight - so I look forward to getting more of the scoop on how the start of this school year is going to play out. 



















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

Clean and tidy from celebrating over this weekend. It's so nice to hear the laundry going. Sunshine is streaming in and I can tell it's getting pretty warm outside. It's still summer! 🌞 


















CHORE I'M NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS WEEK:

The back hall is due for a good scrubbing - organizing

 















CURRENTLY READING

summer magazines and some Fall ones came too! 















ON THE TV TODAY:

Big Brother, some old movies taped including Bringing Up Baby with Katharine Hepburn & Cary Grant. If you haven't ever seen it you should! So funny! HGTV shows, cooking shows




 













ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY - crispy cheddar chicken, loaded bacon mashed potatoes & asparagus (Hello Fresh meal I didn't make from the end of last week), eat up leftover fruit salad from the weekend

TUESDAY -  going to use leftover bbq pulled pork to make a homemade pizza, salad or veggies and dip

WEDNESDAY -  maybe grill burgers, chips, melon

THURSDAY -  sun dried tomato basil spaghetti with almonds and parm (HF meal)

FRIDAY - salsa verde enchiladas with poblano peppers, black beans and monterey jack cheese (HF meal)







The kiddos and I love pesto. And if I have leftover from making a pasta or gnocchi - I will sometimes make a grilled cheese sandwich with mozzarella and some parm with pesto spread on it too. I did this recently and Annie loved it!! 😋 
 












TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

do some yoga stretches and a little meditating after a workout, weed some of my flowers and keep the summer pretty going, sit on the rocking chairs on the lower deck and listen to the wind in the trees, hopefully some pontoon rides















FROM THE CAMERA:
I think of 20 as kind of a milestone into adulthood so went down memory lane a bit with Aaron's bday. He was only a 4 pound preemie when he was born almost 7 weeks early. He fit right in our hands






I feel so blessed to be his Mom and have had a front row seat through all of his growing years into the wonderful young man he is now. This last pic was on his actual bday with his adorable GF. Both sweethearts. ♥️ 





I have a bestie that is thinking about getting into the cookie making business and she made some cookies this past May for Annie's bday. And made these amazing ones for Aaron's. And they tasted even better than they looked! 







For the party this weekend I made him a black forest poke cake since chocolate and cherry is one of his faves. It was a devil's food cake, pour hot fudge into the holes, top with cherry pie filling and then cool whip. Yummy! 











Still enjoying all of the beauty of summer- like flowers and even a crazy mushroom in the yard, but with a pumpkin thrown in here and there for good measure :)









PRAYER LIST:

I pray for an end to this virus. For peace, healing and unity in our world. And for all the teachers and students beginning this incredibly complicated and kind of scary new school year. May they all stay healthy and feel safe. For a friend in poor health. For answers to questions I have set before the Lord. 🙏 














PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:




I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

7 comments:

  1. Lots of partying for you! Sounds fun. Hope Annie has a great first day of school tomorrow-is it in person or on-line? I think we shopped the same Bath & Body Works sale. My candles came yesterday. This year, oddly, I'm ready for fall to arrive. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. School started here today. Hard to believe!
    Happy Birthday to Aaron! What an adorable tiny baby - and now a grown man.
    The cookies are the best! She really does need to get into the business.
    I am a huge pesto lover. I love to put a little with mayo and spread it on panini sandwiches before I grill them. I also posted this recipe recently -it's so good!
    https://marislittlecorner.blogspot.com/2020/07/cooking-thursday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Aaron!
    You are giving me serious garden envy and are making me feel like more of a raccoon because you eat KRINGLE for breakfast hahaha
    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you may be in luck this year! I feel like an Indian summer is upon us! I hope it is - we're considering moving back to the U.P. and planning a trip for late September to look at property.

    It's so wonderful that Aaron is getting so many parties and fun time for his birthday. You great some great pictures.

    LMBO at the simple things in life like a dryer making you so happy! I hope you have a WONDERFUL week sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are we sisters separated at birth?
    Because I literally agree with everything you wrote!!!
    That cake! I am going to make it soon. Or have Peyton make it!! LOL
    Happy 20th to your boy. And have a wonderful week, my sweet, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Aaron - what a dear little tiny baby he was. His photos show a lovely boy growing into a smart young man. What a fantastic cake you made him; I'd love that one too, very partial to cherries and chocolate. Enjoy your Summer while it lasts. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like Aaron had a great birthday - the cookies are awesome. He was such a tiny thing! The cake must have been very good too.
    Great menu this week

    ReplyDelete