Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday


Hello Friends!

Happy Tuesday. Sorry I wasn't able to work on a post yesterday. I had a guy putting in a brand new furnace and the room he was in has the router and I think it got knocked out of whack and I had no wifi for the day. I ended up running errands with my Mom and driving around admiring Fall color and going to lunch. So it was a fun day, but here I am late with HHM. Sorry for the absence the past several weeks. Life took over then too. 

I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Scott was here for part of it, so that was nice as always. ♥️ I worked on some projects around the house too. The inside is all decorated for Fall and makes me so happy! 😃 Still need to get a few more things done outside yet. 





















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:





























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING

cinnamon bread, apple slices, coffee

















HOW I AM FEELING THIS MORNING:

It's gray today and makes me sleepy. I hope the sun appears later!













ON MY MIND:

I've been thinking a lot about our upcoming divorce. It is soon. I think of the past difficult years leading up to it. And how I had to beg Ad for months before he finally filed (we agreed to have him file and go through his attorney to keep it easier & cheaper). How he has said to him it's only a piece of paper and doesn't change how he cares about me and will take care of me and the kids. And I am so grateful how he still provides. He helped me just get a new vehicle and new furnace. But it's not just a piece of paper to me. It means the official ending to almost 25 years of marriage and 32 years together. The majority of them blissfully happy.  It's also hard seeing how he becomes more of a stranger and we go more of our separate ways. I know it's part of the process and it's healthy. But it's also hard to not to think of the guy that was. The one that was my best friend since we were 16. I sure miss him. 

But within that I feel acceptance of what is and true peace about it all. I focus on the gratitude and blessings. Like our precious children. And I feel excitement about what the future may hold! I have a lot of fun plans for my life and several things I am working on for me. God is good and I would do everything all over again, even knowing how it turned out. 🙏 



















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

I see my Fall decorations and my home looks so cozy and it just makes me smile 🍁 ♥️ 




 















CURRENTLY READING

I'm going to be starting Regretting You by Colleen Hoover















ON THE TV TODAY:

Big Brother, HGTV shows, some movies taped, and some cooking shows. I have been obsessed with Mad Men. I didn't watch it when it was big. I've been bingeing it now and love it! 




 













ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY - had leftover homemade pizza

TUESDAY -  steak with roasted garlic pan sauce, mashed potatoes & asparagus (HF meal)

WEDNESDAY -  brioche french toast, bacon, fruit

THURSDAY -  herby chicken over lemony spaghetti with zucchini (HF meal)

FRIDAY - ??








 












TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

read, meditate & journal, walk in the Fall leaves, get out my outside Fall decorations















FROM THE CAMERA:





I have a girlfriend that has been working on some things because she plans to start her own cookie business. She has been giving us cookies to taste test and give our honest opinion about taste and decoration. Well you can see how beautifully she decorates and hand paints her cookies. And they taste even better than they look! These were dark chocolate with marshmallow icing. SO GOOD!! 








Fall fairies are back and loving their starbucks and apple cider donuts




Boot season again! 




Romantic lunch for 2 ♥️ 


❤️ 💝 💕 
















PRAYER LIST:

I pray for an end to this virus. For peace, healing and unity in our world. And for all the teachers and students beginning this incredibly complicated and kind of scary new school year. May they all stay healthy and feel safe. For a friend in poor health. For Scott to remain safe and healthy in his job as a first responder. For answers to questions I have set before the Lord. 🙏 














PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:



I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.



7 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! as Shirley Temple would say. Your house looks amazing. I love the fall. My son was born in October, my precious chosen niece was born in October. I love the colors. My house is all done in autumn colors year round. (Except for my bedroom and bath which are toned down from orange to peach). We don't have colored leaves yet. You're about a month ahead of us. So happy to see you back to blogging. It's good to share your life with others. I share your prayers. Everything you said is spot on. Tell Scott hello from all your blog friends and relatives. Hope the kiddos are not too upset about the school situation. I remember that socializing was part of school, and that seems to be lacking during this dreaded virus pandemic. Thankfully, they have cell phones to stay connected. And have those people in China apologized even once for not warning the world as soon as they knew what they'd done so we could prepare? I don't think so. Hopefully the vaccine will be ready soon, and we can go back to normal. I want to see smiles on next Monday's post though it will be a downer day. I've never known anyone your age who understands life and knows how to cope as well as you do. Your outlook continues to make me proud. I was a mess at your age. Enjoy the colors, as they don't last forever. Beautiful photos, by the way. Give my love to the kiddos and a nice long petting session for dear little Ruby. Love to you and yours, Auntie Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about the divorce and all the feelings that go with it. The way you two work together and treat each other is a great thing though, and not common. Your house looks great! I have my Fall stuff up too and it makes me happy. You are having more color than we are, but it's really starting to change.
    The cookies are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carrie, those beautiful Fall colours along the highway - they always amaze me. It is now a year since we went to visit our daughter in Ontario and immersed ourselves for two lovely weeks in colour just like that. I feel sad that we may never get to Canada again unless a very safe vaccine is found. Divorce is always sad, but I pray for you to have happiness in your future life. Those cookies are so pretty, your friend is a real talent. Wishing her good luck in her venture. Your house looks great, all dressed up in those Autumn tones. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall colors are my favorite! Wish the season was longer. Nice to see that you and your ex are still friends, makes it easier for the children. Lovely Fall decor, makes it cozy. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks and sounds like fall has reached you in the north woods! One of my favorite times of the year there! Sorry you are sounding so melancholy about the divorce, but also so glad you seem to be embracing your future. Yummy menu too - I've been thinking of starting Hello Fresh again. Have a GREAT rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that last little funny....can't stop laughing! Your home looks so cozy and beautiful with all of your pretty fall decorations, Carrie. So glad that your soon-to-be ex is continuing to take care of you and the family. I can't imagine the hole in your hearts, but so glad to hear that you are healing and looking forward to finding happiness once more. My daughter's husband is a first responder - Fire Rescue - and it is a constant source of worry for this Mom and Grandma. They have a brand new baby, too. All we can do is give it up to faith xx You look so cute in your fall boots. I just love this season because now I can finally get out my cozy sweaters and scarves. The scenery there is breathtaking with all the fall colors! We are still mostly green, but the maples are turning. The cookies are amazing and wishing your friend success! Your fairies are so fun - love all the little accessories and chair. Right now I have one little grandson in kindergarten and always praying for the children and teachers having to deal with this disruptive and scary situation. All we can do is try to hold our families and communities together and look out for one another as best we can. Sending hugs and blessings xx K

    ReplyDelete