Hello and Happy Monday Friends
I hope you're having a wonderful day! I was gone with my Mom all day. We went shopping and to lunch for my Mom's bday which is coming up soon. But I thought I would still try to do a quick post before I dive into making dinner and time with my kiddos.
It was a wonderful weekend too. π Scott and his daughter were here for a visit. She has an October birthday as well, so we had a little celebration. We also took the kids to a trampoline park, played lots of games, did artwork and carved pumpkins. I taught Scott to play cribbage too....so we had lots of matches (I'm the current champion - just sayin π ) Lol
We enjoyed the first snow while they were here and Autumn collected some in a bowl and had fun playing with food coloring with it and made her own little "snow cone". It was a lot of fun and the weekend went by too fast. Sigh
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
Yes that is more snow in our forecast!
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING
yogurt, blueberries, coffee
HOW I AM FEELING THIS MORNING:
Happy to go have fun shopping time with my Mom ❤️
ON MY MIND:
I've actually had a lot of holiday thoughts already and started some Christmas shopping! Lol Hey, if it's going to snow - it's going to get me in the mood to think ahead. π π
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
I wasn't good about taking before pictures, but trust me in what a mess was in both my craft room and closet. They were the dumping ground for years. And when I was going through the depression of separation, it made it difficult to care about dealing with those spaces. I knew it would take days and many hours to go through. Also, because there were many photos and memory provoking things to go through - which still ached a bit, but I finally felt I had the the desire to want to tackle it. Now they're organized and I know where everything is located and it's just sparking even more of my creativity and motivation to pursue further projects.
CURRENTLY READING
Still reading Regretting You by Colleen Hoover
ON THE TV TODAY:
Big Brother, HGTV shows, halloween baking shows, Dancing with the Stars, Amazing Race, The Spanish Queen, Mad Men bingeing
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - leftover sloppy joes, veggies and dip, fruit
TUESDAY - tostados supremo with pork, poblano, lime crema & pico de gallo (HF meal)
WEDNESDAY - Kale, cranberry & walnut stuffed squash with parm and creamy lemon thyme couscous (HF meal)
THURSDAY - waffles, bacon, breakfast potatoes, fruit
FRIDAY - date night, not sure yet?
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
walk with a friend, read, craft, get more Scott back rubs π
FROM THE CAMERA:
Per our annual tradition a GF of mine (October bday also) and I took a scenic drive up the north shore and had a wonderful long lunch, gab session and dessert
Beautiful bday flowers sent to me by my guy and his daughter. They also MADE me (yes made me) stained glass hangings for my window (he knows how much I loved stained glass). When I get them hung I'll take pics. And his daughter also colored a beautiful canvas sign for me. π
cleared out the old dining room set for the new one and I love how it looks! I recently purchased a cream recliner for the tv room and I have a cream sofa coming too - so wanted to tie cream into the dining room as well.
Annie and her buddy decorated before they got here to make it fun and pretty for a certain 8 year old π
safe edible leaves on the cake and I waited so she helped me put the homemade buttercream on and decorate the whole thing. Plus, what 8 year old doesn't want to lick the bowl and utensils? π
One of the decorations on the table was this set I put together with a little Fall witch fairy - complete with trick-or-treat bag filled with real little goodies she could play with. When she commented on how much she liked it, it was so fun to say "well that's one of your gifts and you get to take it home!" Such fun to see her face light up!!
While his daughter was out playing in the new snow with Ruby Saturday morning, Scott and I were wimps and sat by the fire and drank our coffee. Or maybe we were just smart π
Crazy pumpkin carving included a weird freaky bird creature Annie and her friend created. And lots of munching toasted pumpkin seeds π π¦
PRAYER LIST:
I pray for an end to this virus. For peace, healing and unity in our world. And for an Aunt dealing with cancer - I pray for strength and comfort for her and family. Please hold them up with your loving arms Lord. π

















