Monday, January 25, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday




Hello Friends & Happy Monday! ~

I'm getting to this late because I was helping my Mom meet with mover folks and get an estimate about her move in a few weeks. Also, helped her with a few things. By then I grabbed Annie from school & had to grab her things quickly and get her back up for hockey. How is life in your neck of the woods? Did you have a nice weekend? It was a nice one here. Played some games with the kiddos. My GF and I did a safe lunch and finally got to exchange Christmas gifts later last week. I also worked on some home projects this weekend. Caught up on some shows. Made dinner for my my Mom one night and we all played games (safely). Watched my Packers and unfortunately they lost. Such a bummer!! 😢 Oh well, there's always next year. 


 


 

 



THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING

black cherry activia yogurt, coffee with natural vanilla creamer

























HOW I AM FEELING THIS MORNING:

I felt sore from a great workout I did yesterday




















ON MY MIND:

Of course now thinking a lot about my Mom's impending move. She is getting married soon and is moving into an apartment with her soon-to-be- hubby. So just coordinating everything. It's an exciting time, but hectic! Lol 
























AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

Because it's late in the day the light is fading a little. My automatic candles and things that light up are coming on. Always makes the house feel so cozy. I love this time of day ✨  


















CURRENTLY READING
I have been working out more and I'm too tired to stay awake and read lately. Lol But when I do get back on the book band wagon - this is what I will start to read:  Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe  by Heather Webber 













ON THE TV TODAY:

 HGTV shows, kids baking shows,  The Good Doctor,  cooking shows, The Rookie, Escape to the Chateau on HGTV, This is Us, the Resident, The Chase, planning on starting Bridgerton or Schitt's Creek on netflix




 













ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY -  ordering pizza (need some groceries & HF box doesn't come until tomorrow)

TUESDAY - pork taquitos (HF meal)

WEDNESDAY -  dijon onion crunch chicken, green beans, garlic bread (HF meal)

THURSDAY - veggie spaghetti, bubble bread

FRIDAY - mozzarella stuffed caprese burgers with griddled tomatoes, creamy pesto & potato wedges (HF meal)














TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

work on Annie's baby book some more (catching up on things I never finished), work on hospice cards, watch a movie with popcorn under a soft fleecy blanket














FROM THE CAMERA:




I couldn't help but jump on the where's Bernie bandwagon. I saw that he was making shirts and things to sell and donate the proceeds to charity 😊 





a little relaxation this weekend



I've been playing catch up on all kids of scrapbooking and other projects and pulled this out of Annie's baby book from when she was born and we giggled over the comparison. Girl has big feet now - size 9!



cozy moments - went well with the wine 😉 






lucky sweatshirt wasn't so lucky - boo 😒 







working on hospice cards, scrapbooking and other projects galore









PRAYER LIST:

I pray for an end to this virus. For peace, healing and unity in our world.  I pray for anyone sick, suffering, isolated, and afraid - for their peace and comfort. Please Lord give strength to those fighting the virus on the frontlines.  🙏 I hope this vaccine will be safe and effective and the beginning of the end for this virus. Praying for my instagram friend that lost her husband recently. 














PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


6 comments:

  1. How exciting that your mom is getting married! Love your selfie with Bernie. Those memes of him are too much, so funny. I'm so sorry your Packers lost, I really wanted a repeat of the first Super Bowl. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to read that you are doing things safely, Carrie. It is the only way forward, I think. Bernie is an interesting character - I saw on Instagram that a knitting pattern has been developed, so everyone can make those cute mittens! Good on him, I read about his charity work too. Have a good week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your mom!
    I was rooting for your team, you know!!!!
    But like you said, next year.
    Love your Bernie pic! He is hilarious!
    Have a cozy day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing your mom the best for her wedding. Haha funny one with Bernie. I love the big angel wings on your mantel.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSH did this week get away from me or what? It's now Wednesday and I'm frantically trying to lay catch up! I've really been enjoying the Bernie memes! Congratulations to your mom, what a hectic, but happy life change she's going through. We've been getting some weird and COLD storms here, but I LOVE it and am staying busy with indoor projects! I've been doing Marley spoon for 3 meals a week, but thinking of trying Hello Fresh or Home Chef for a change. Are you enjoying HF? I ADORE your inspiration. I hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy! Very excited for my Mom. 😊 I have been enjoying hello fresh a lot. I've liked it even better than the blue apron (the only other boxed meals I've tried). A lot of variety catering to a lot of different diets or other preferences. For the most part ingredients have been fresh and really good. I have heard good things about Home Chef too.

      Delete