Monday, August 9, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday


Hello Friends! 

I hope your Monday is off to a great start ☀️😊  I have a work crew here today putting in new granite countertops. Yay! So more of the kitchen reno getting done. I will share more in the future. 

I hope you had a fun or restful weekend. Whichever you were looking for. Lol It was a bit of both here. I hung out with my Mom. And went to my girlfriend's daughter's soccer game - Annie went with to watch too. I think it was fun for Annie to go down memory lane and remember all of her soccer years. And my bestie's hubby (who is also a good bestie) coaches the team. It was so foggy, though, that at times it was hard to see some of the players!! I had a great catch up with another girlfriend. And talked to another special friend for hours on the phone. Also, checked in with some family members coming up for a visit this week. Just lots of reconnection time  - which is always wonderful! Now onto the week ahead...















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:






















ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING

yogurt, some watermelon, iced coffee














ON MY TO DO LIST:

Having more done on kitchen, errands, might be getting pedis with Annie and my son's gf or else next week, relatives visiting, out to lunch with gf's, up at hospice house for work a couple days and work from home, zoom with gf's  















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE   

I can hear work in progress in the other room. Still kind of foggy and gray, but supposed to clear up today.

















CURRENTLY READING

???










ON THE TV TODAY:

 LPBW, Big Brother, Making it, HGTV shows, netflix


 










ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

I decided to go back to Hello Fresh for a while.  So that begins again this week. 😋 


MONDAY -  sweet chili turkey lettuce wraps with bell pepper & candied peanuts (HF meal)

TUESDAY - balsamic fig chicken with roasted potatoes & lemony green beans (HF meal)

WEDNESDAY - chicken tenders on spinach tortilla wrap with veggies and ranch, fruit

THURSDAY - out with family

FRIDAY - meatballs, tortelloni, lemony broccoli & garlic ciabatta bread (HF meal)






 











TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

lunch with gf's, catch up on magazines out in the sun, craft














TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:













FROM THE CAMERA:














Still getting in wonderful last days of summer. On a rainy day baked some banana chocolate chip bread, sipping wine while making a pasta dinner, walking with Ruby, watching foggy soccer Lol 

Oh, and as you can see my bobcat has been back visiting this summer. I've seen it about 5 different times now. The pic I caught was when it went across my deck. I think I've adopted it. 😉 It's still very shy and I've never seen it when I've been outside. And if it spots me in the window it takes off. So pretty, isn't it? 








PRAYER LIST:

Praying for peace, unity and healing for our world and our earth. For a complete end to the virus. Prayers of thanks Lord for my Uncle's surgery going so well, and for having things fall into place for another Uncle's needs. For my FIL having difficulty with his breathing and my ex being primary caregiver - for their continued strength and healing for my FIL. For special intentions 











PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


6 comments:

  1. Will you be finished with the kitchen renovations before Christmas?
    Oh my ... a bobcat!! isn't that dangerous?
    Looks like you had a wonderful time with people... you are a good 'people' person.
    I've been wondering about the Hello Fresh.. might give it a try.

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lucy! All of the kitchen stuff should wrap up over the next month, hopefully. More new appliances yet to come. A bit more wood work. And then whenever my ex's painting crew will be able to come. The bobcat isn't dangerous because they won't attack anything bigger than like 10 lbs. Just go for squirrels bunnies etc. And they're very shy and aren't around if I'm outside. I have always been very pleased with Hello Fresh when I did it in the past. Nice variety of recipes and good ingredients. Thanks for visiting and blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  2. I don't know - that bobcat is too close for comfort! I didn't know they only went after small things. It is pretty though.
    Your photos are so pretty and soccer in the fog looks pretty cool.
    Your meals sounds good too.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello sweet friend. I'm so glad you had a good week/weekend. I'm so happy for you that the kitchen renovations is progressing again. I can't wait to see the outcome!

    I LOVE your pictures - so eerie with the foggy game and the bobcat is a special view (as long as you're on the inside) :D

    Your menu sounds delicious! If you like the Balsamic Fig Chicken with roasted potatoes & lemony green beans would you share with me? It sounds so inviting!

    Have you tried the battery tip before? I all for lengthening the life of batteries!

    Keeping all your prayers requests with mine. I hope you have a FANTASTIC week!

    Blessings XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tamy! Sorry I saw this late - but I will send those recipes to you. I haven't tried the battery hack yet, but I sure notice with my phone battery that in the heat it doesn't hold up as long and in the cold times of year it's much better. So it makes me think it's true.

      Delete
  4. I'm not so sure about that stray cat you've adopted ;) Always love to see your pictures. Hope your remodeling is going well and that you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete