Monday, October 4, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday




Hello and Happy Monday! ☀️💛

I hope that you had a wonderful weekend. My kiddos and I (including my son's gf) went on a road trip to Green Bay to visit some family. It was such a good time. We were able to see some cousins that weren't able to make it to the reunion this summer. Plus, my special Uncle Donald needed to move to a different facility and it was nice to check up on him and see that he's doing just great!  We visited, played games, ate great food, went out for walks in the gorgeous weather, did some shopping, and even went to a Green Bay Gamblers hockey game (which we hadn't done in years!) My Aunt even organized a little bday thing for me as I have a birthday coming up this month and  they had goodies for me and cake and sang to me. ❤️ 

I think I had avoided this trip for a while, not only due to covid, but because it was always such a fun family time road trip we would do every year when I was still married. But it was such a great time and I can tell how much I have grown and changed as there wasn't the pain attached like there was in the past. I just enjoyed the moments with the kids and my relatives and we had so much fun! I am a very blessed gal. 😍

*Plus, the Packers won and the Vikings lost which always makes for a perfect weekend 😉 












THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:















         



ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

pumpkin spice kringle, coffee with amaretto creamer, fruit
















ON MY TO DO LIST:

coffee with a neighbor gf, time with my Mom, bday dinner with family (belated for my bro), shop and funtime with Annie off of school, hospice work, errands, zoom with gf's that needed to be rescheduled again, home projects

















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE   

sun is peeking through clouds and pouring in...still need to put away some things from getting home last night, put looking bright and pretty with all of my fall decorations in the sunlight (always nice to be back home after a trip)

















CURRENTLY READING

finishing my book and thinking about what I want to read next? 










ON THE TV TODAY:

 Big Brother,  Good Doctor, the Resident, Survivor, DWTS, the Voice, New Amsterdam, Halloween Baking championship, HGTV shows, Grantchester, Call the Midwife, The Great British Bake Off on netflix


 











ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY -  crispy cheddar chicken, loaded mashed potatoes, roasted broccoli (HF meal) didn't have last week because changed to later delivery 

TUESDAY - naan bread pizzas, salad

WEDNESDAY - sesame beef tacos with quick pickled veggies & chili sour cream (HF meal) didn't have last week 

THURSDAY - penne rustica with asparagus (HF meal) didn't do last week 

FRIDAY - bday dinner


 











TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

go for a walk, out for coffee, play cards with my Mom, shop with Annie













TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
















FROM THE CAMERA:

coyote came a visited the yard last week...but thankfully haven't seen it since 








the hockey arena is right across the street from Lambeau Field (home of my team!💚💛) 



My crew waiting for the game to start. It was the teddy bear toss game. The team has been doing it for years and even have special teddy bear jerseys they wear for the game.  The first goal they score everyone that has brought a brand new teddy bear throws it onto the ice. The team collects them up quickly and donates them to area hospitals. There was about half of normal attendance. So they collected over 2,000 bears. In years passed pre covid they would get over 4,000 bears! It's always a fun game to go see. I'll include a video I took of folks showering bears onto the ice. Unfortunately they lost to a really good Iowa team. But they did score a goal and collected all those bears for charity 🐻 















see the teddys on their jerseys and the line of teddys on the bottom of their jerseys? 😍



Ace is the Gamblers team mascot



there were some good fights too - always part of any good hockey game Lol



teddy bear toss video clip







some of our shopping included Annie finding a Halloween costume she liked - steampunk style
I have always thought steampunk was really cool...if you're not familiar with it here's a description:














PRAYER LIST:

Praying for peace, unity and healing for our world and our earth. For a complete end to the virus. For those in health care, first responders and so many professions that work to keep us healthy and safe. For an Aunt with a current health issue that may need surgery. special intentions











PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:



Have a wonderful week! I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

13 comments:

  1. Well Hello There! It has been a hot minute since I stopped in! I join you in prayer for those intentions. SO glad you enjoyed your trip! It looks so fun. I am very interested in the pumpkin spice kringle you had. Sounds delicious. Have a cozy October day, my dear friend!! Fall has arrived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo! I appreciate it so much when you pop by. Especially as you're my Autumn soul sister. 😉 I found the pumpkin spice kringle at a gas station rest stop on the way back from Green Bay of all places! Lol It was really good, although I think for kringle almond flavor is still my favorite.

      Delete
  2. Family road trips...oh how I miss those!! Now Greenbay... I wil plead the fith... LOL Yikes, glad you haven't seen the coyote again!

    I'm back... lol. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Love it Jodi! So nice to have you back and the best season of all to visit again (in my humble opinion 😉) 🍁 ❤️

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad that you had that getaway and enjoyed it! Makes me smile and I'm happy you are healing.
    That pumpkin spice kringle sounds yummy!
    I can't believe the wildlife that roams around your house.
    Annie looks so cute! I am a fan of steampunk too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! I am in a really great place. The Lord has been the biggest factor there (along with friends and family). Life is good. 😊 I think steampunk is so cool and if I were a bit younger I would dress up! Lol

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a great trip. The teddy bear toss looks like lots of fun. What a fun costume idea for Annie. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweet lady! I'm so glad you had a great weekend and were able to recapture that family fun. That steampunk costume is absolutely adorable on Annie! I just ordered a steampunk "coloring" book for my niece about Annie's age. The cover looks like it could be this costume! I absolutely love Teddy bear tosses - so many places are starting to do these. That large panda is especially neat. And that Packer game was a GREAT game! PERFECT inspiration this week. Have a blessed fall week full of crisp weather and fun times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy!
      I think it's so cool the team has been doing the teddy bear toss for many years now. They service a huge area with the free bears too. I think it said since they've started they've donated over 400,000 bears!

      Delete
  6. One of the gifts of blogging is to learn about new things: I have never heard of Steampunk fashion, and it is really intriguing. I like Annie's costume a lot, and can 'read' the idea of it. A Teddy Bear toss is a new idea to me too; I like it, a great way to have fun and help children. I love it when spice pumpkin appears on a post; we never have that here either, lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that I could share some new fun facts for you Trish! I bet your Canada family has heard of teddy bear tosses. Lol (hockey life). I don't think I still have your address - but if you email it to me I will send you some pumpkin spice flavored things!!

      Delete
  7. I love the steampunk fashion - I find it so pretty. They do teddy bear toss here too once a year.
    Seems like you were having a very Autumn breakfast.
    So glad you got to enjoy time with family. Looks like you are having a great week too.
    Will try the tip to wake up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie!
      I'm so happy when you stop by. Autumn has been very good to me so far and I'm so grateful. I'm sure up in hockey country you do know teddy bear tosses well. Lol

      Delete