Monday, December 20, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday.


HAPPY HOMEMAKER MONDAY






Happy Christmas week Friends!

I'm getting to this late today as I was running around early and Annie is off school and had hockey. So just now sitting down to do this post so I could get in HHM and a last post before the holidays. It's going to just get busier now! 

I hope you've been enjoying the beauty and wonder of the season. For me it's all about celebrating the birth of that baby boy long ago, that I believe came into this world to save us all. But it's also about being reflective in many ways, counting our blessings, being with family and friends, and all the magical things too.....like Christmas trees and candles glowing, music, snowfall, peace and goodwill. ✨ 

I've been busy enjoying some of that magic. Time with friends and family. Final shopping and errands while Christmas lights glow on people's houses that I drive by. Going to our local big Christmas display. Annie's hockey games. All of it feels more fun and magical this time of year. And my sweet boy comes home from TX late tonight! So all of my chicks will be back in the nest for Christmas and New Year's. 💕 

I know this time of year can be difficult for many, though, too. Those that are going through a hard time. Many may feel sad, lonely, depressed...this time of year can bring up so many emotions for various reasons.  I think this is the first Christmas in years that I have not had to fight a lot of very difficult emotions. I still have moments that hurt. Remembering those I've lost and what my life used to be with Ad. But this is the first year it hasn't felt like a weight on me. I have a nostalgic or sad moment. I feel it... and then I thank God for my current blessings. And I thank Him that I had such a wonderful life once when our little family was whole. I fight to preserve those memories as they were and not let his current choices mar or taint them. I have been blessed beyond measure in so many ways and I choose gratitude always. 

And my extra blessing this year is Matt. 😍 6'2" and eyes of blue. Lol We have definitely created a wonderful friendship and bond. We will get some real dating time in the New Year and I look forward to the time ahead. He is currently in AZ celebrating Christmas with his parents, 105 year old Grandma and his Aunt. I share a little more about him and some pics later in the post. ♥️ 




























THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:































ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

toast with a little butter and jam, coffee
















ON MY TO DO LIST:

some final grocery shopping, final wrapping, baking, bereavement calls and hospice paperwork, final cleaning getting ready to host a few different Christmases here 🎄

















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE   



current view as I work on this and listen to Christmas music













CURRENTLY READING

Twisted Tea Christmas by Laura Childs and some Christmas magazines








ON THE TV TODAY:

Holiday Baking Championship, Christmas Cookie Challenge, Greys Anatomy, HGTV shows, Christmas movies I have taped. I'm going to get apple tv and watch Ted Lasso
 
















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY -  bagel sandwiches, fruit


TUESDAY -  pancakes, bacon, breakfast potatoes, fruit, with a holiday syrup I picked up at a specialty store - Aaron's favorite kind of meal


        WEDNESDAY -  ? maybe order from local favorite place for Aaron


THURSDAY - not sure? keep it light and easy as I'll be hosting brunch  Friday AM


FRIDAY - hosting brunch to do gifts with my Mom and step Dad & my Bro and SIL: 
ham, potato, and cheese egg bake, fresh fruit salad with a lime, honey & ginger dressing, crudite tray, danish, hot crab dip appetizer, hot wassail, juice and coffee 

**On Saturday kiddos go with their dad for Christmas. On Sunday evening I'll host Christmas dinner and we'll do gifts with my Dad and step Mom & Bro and SIL again too: 
ham, duchess potato casserole, green salad with pear, apple, craisins or pomegranate seeds, cheddar and cashews with a honey dijon vinaigrette, fruit salad, corn, dinner rolls, crudite, maybe leftover wassail?, homemade Christmas cut out cookies, marzipan balls, might bake something gf for my bro?, turtles, coffee

    
 















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

watch Christmas movies, bake, read 















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:

  

I may have shared this before? But I saw it and it reminded me because I need to grab green pepper for some things I'm making this week, and thought it might be helpful to you too 😊 

















FROM THE CAMERA:







Enjoying the glow, beauty and peace around here 












Annie & I recently had dinner with a bestie and her daughter and then went to the local holiday Christmas lights display here. Such a fun night! 






Getting ready to head to hospice house and a little peek at Christmas there









A girlfriend and I went for sushi dinner and to Annie's hockey game another night. I told you I've been festive 😊 





My Mom came to hang out one night to visit, play cards and I made us yummy hot toddy's 
















The above are some pics of Mr Matt with his Mom and Aunt, in AZ, at surlatable store and cooking class there. You can see the menu and a photo of what they made. He said it was really fun! I love that he enjoys a lot of similar interests with me. Cooking, the outdoors, sports & being active, travel, time with family, being on the water, pontooning, cards and games. He has faith and knows how important mine is to me and is very supportive. 
He's a little younger than I. He has been divorced a while too. Kids weren't in the cards for him and he is good with that and very open to the fact that mine mean the world to me. He is in finance. He's very easy going, open to new things, bright, kind, funny, warm and just uncomplicated and I have absolutely loved the time we've shared so far. As you can see he sent me some Christmas gifts. Lol Don't worry, I got him something too. 😉 🎁 

Again, taking things slow and just enjoying time with him so much.  You may be hearing more about him in the future so I thought I should at least give you a real introduction. So many of you have been so kind and supportive of me along the hardest parts of my personal life journey, so I want to share more of the good stuff too. I appreciate you friends more than I can say!! 💗 





As you can see the bay is completely frozen and open for business - walking and skating. Need more snow then I'll have skiers too. 












PRAYER LIST:

Prayers for gratitude and thankfulness for so many blessings. I pray for an end to the virus. For peace and unity everywhere. For health care workers, first responders and all those who work so hard to take care of others. For my former FIL. For all those traveling during the holidays. For anyone that is having an extra difficult time during this holiday season 🙏 












PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:



We had quite an adventure working on our Christmas card this year. Lol As you can see, Ruby didn't like her new hat. I thought you'd get a kick out of it and our outtakes. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and pray you have a very healthy, safe, and fun holiday!! xo

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Carrie, what a sweet post! Love all the pretty home and family photos and lovely, heartfelt sentiments. So glad that you are enjoying the season with family and friends and that you have a new, special someone in your life to make you smile. The snow looks so pretty, love all your angels and the cute Christmas card with Ruby. Your party menus sound delish, too. Enjoy your time with your family. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and many blessings in the coming new year, sweet friend. Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful and I love your card!
    The pepper tip is a good one. I need to remember it. :)
    Mr Matt is a cutie and I'm so happy it's going well. 105 year old Grandma? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic Christmas post, Carrie. It really makes me feel all Christmassy! Thank you for introducing Mr Matt, who looks very nice and kind. Going out to see the Christmas lights is always a great idea, and they look spectacular. omg, the bay really is frozen over, a sight we never see here. It really adds that special Christmas touch. Your Christmas card picture is perfect. Have a really wonderful Christmas Carrie, with all the joys and blessings, and a safe and happy new year. xxxoo

    ReplyDelete