Monday, January 3, 2022

Happy Homemaker Monday


HAPPY HOMEMAKER MONDAY







Hello and Happy 2022 from the snowy Northwoods Friends! 🌟  
A bright shiny new year that will hopefully hold many blessings ahead for us all. 



I like having a new word for 2022...instead of resolutions. And I think my word this year is going to be LIVE. As in, no longer be in the limbo I've been in for so many years, but finally really live my life. I know the world is still kind of crazy. And limited at times with the pandemic. But I want to choose more living in some way through every realm of my life. Physically through more healthy activities. Mentally through more reading and learning. Emotionally through  healing and continuing to open my heart to Matt in our dating. And spiritually through more time in the Word & with the Lord, and giving more of my time in hospice work. Do you do resolutions or choose a word for the new year?

This past week we mainly stuck around home and were restful. Annie is feeling better but is still congested and has a cough. I had to bring my sweet Aaron to the airport this past weekend and see him off back to TX. Always hard to say goodbye for this Mama heart. 😢  
But on a bright night my Packers are #1 in the NFC after their win against the Vikings!  - woo hoo! 😀 


















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:



























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

apple, coffee
















ON MY TO DO LIST:

errands, groceries, hospice work, projects around home, Annie's appts

















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE   

Still have the Christmas decorations up. I'm hosting the gf Christmas my girlfriends and I do every year in January. We've been doing it for like 25-30 years now! (except last year). So I'm keeping my decorations up so it will still feel Christmasy - even though we aren't getting together for a couple of weeks yet. I don't mind because I love the glow each night.

















CURRENTLY READING

Twisted Tea Christmas by Laura Childs 











ON THE TV TODAY:

Ted Lasso, This is Us, New Amsterdam, The Rookie, Amazing Race, Ghosts, Shark Tank


















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


MONDAY -  blueberry waffles, fruit, bacon 


TUESDAY -  chicken tender & veggies in a spinach wrap, fruit


        WEDNESDAY -  slow cooker pot roast with veggies


THURSDAY - one pan pineapple salsa chicken tacos (HF meal)


FRIDAY - rosemary demi glace pork chops with mashed potatoes & roasted veggies (HF meal)


    
 















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

read, craft, work on playing the harp ♥️ 
















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:


cocoa anyone? 😉 

















FROM THE CAMERA:






We got more snow and then really cold temps last week. Bbrr






Aaron and his gf Helaina gave me my Christmas gift last week because of delays on their order.  It was this beautiful charcuterie board - personally engraved on the top and with my initials on the  tools. So pretty and I just love it! 




I thawed out thanksgiving turkey and homemade turkey stock I had frozen and made soup last week and it was SO perfect on those freezing cold days. 





Last Wednesday would have been my 26th anniversary with Ad (& 34 years together).  Matt sent me these gorgeous flowers that day with a note that said "here's to new annual traditions". I really adore that guy. 
♥️♥️♥️ 







I love the sparkle on new snow




Somebody got her hair cut last week 💕 












Stay cozy friends....











PRAYER LIST:

Prayers for gratitude and thankfulness for so many blessings. I pray for an end to the virus. For peace and unity everywhere. For health care workers, first responders and all those who work so hard to take care of others.  Prayers for anyone struggling to feel hope in this new year - that they will feel God's love and be abundantly blessed. For all of you to be extra blessed this year my Friends... and I thank you for your support, friendship, visits and kind words always.  















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Have a great week ahead and may 2022 start out wonderfully! I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


6 comments:

  1. I LOVED your post today - so many wonderful blessings... Annie on the mend, beautiful thoughtful gift from Aaron and Helaina, wonderful flowers and tribute to the future from Matt, adorable Ruby haircut, beautiful winter picture, yummy soup and hot cocoa - just so many blessings :D The marshmallow tip seems so weird - weird enough to be true. Have fun with your girlfriends too. My Christmas decorations are still up too. I'll take them down this week while hubby is home recuperating. Truth be told I'm loving having the tree still lit up and glowing during the dreary weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do words or resolutions, but I appreciate those who do and actually stick with them. I was just never good at sticking with any hahaha

    Love your word though, and I think it's a great one to aspire to. We tend to let life go by and not do things we want, or should, it's time to just jump in and have fun, right?

    I hope you have a blessed week ahead, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post makes me so happy!
    I don't do resolutions or words because I never stick to it. I do like the idea of it though.
    We have snow too and another big storm predicted Wed night.
    That charcuterie board is gorgeous! What a sweet gift!
    And Matt - what a sweet guy! I love his new traditions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh, I'll take an order of that cocoa from your picture! Love your word choice for 2022. Watched part of the game where your Packers won, happy for you :) Enjoy your Christmas decorations, I was missing mine a bit during our snowstorm. Did I mention last week that I thought this Matt might be a keeper? Sounds so thoughtful. Hope your first week of the year is filled with much happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you and yours. May your word of the year reflect 2022. Matt sure seems like a great guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 13 Best Casinos in the USA - Mapyro
    Slotz Casino is the place 전라남도 출장안마 to be, 용인 출장안마 because the casinos that 진주 출장마사지 offer slots are not 논산 출장안마 only 계룡 출장마사지 the safest and most entertaining slots around, but also

    ReplyDelete