Hello Friends! Happy new week to you. And Happy official Spring! It's so nice that there are moments in the northwoods that it truly feels like it's arriving. Slowly....but it is happening. 🌸
I've been watching the bay get more melty each day. And yesterday it was GLORIOUS outside! Almost 60 degrees!! Yay! So on the back deck in the sun it felt like 70. I had to go put shorts on because I was so warm.
Did you have a nice weekend? It was such a fun one here because of getting so much time in the beautiful weather. Matt and I went on a long (almost 3 mile) walk, then played cards outside in the sunshine. Annie wanted her favorite Chinese food takeout so she drove us (she loves being a driver now, it's really cute) and it was just one of those nice relaxing perfect weekends. Feels like coming out of the cocoon of winter and opening up like a butterfly in the sunshine. 🦋 ☀️
Are you feeling the Spring goodness where you are??
(PS: I added the recipes from my last post with WW snack recipes to my recipe tab at the top of the page. I plan to share more recipes in the future and will continue to add up there. I made a more keto friendly soup for Matt and I this weekend. And we made a fun brunch yesterday together - and I'll share those recipes later in the week)
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
coffee with salted caramel protein drink creamer, greek yogurt, berries
ON MY TO DO LIST:
some spring organizing in some rooms, errands, meeting with a guy for estimates on some projects around here, hospice work (grief calls & paperwork from home, and my days of volunteering up at the hospice house), hanging out with my Mom one afternoon, more trip planning work
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
Gray day today - and supposed to rain/snow tonight into tomorrow. But even if it snows the best part of Spring is knowing it won't last! Supposed to be sunny and nice Thursday and will melt it all. 😊
CURRENTLY READING
ordered some new books
ON THE TV TODAY:
The Good Doctor, The Resident, Spring Baking Championship, Greys Anatomy, This is Us, Outlander, WCTH, Survivor, Shining Vale
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - Annie's fave: cheddar bay biscuits, tomato soup, fruit
TUESDAY - Another Annie fave: crepes, lemon curd & berries, breakfast potatoes, bacon
WEDNESDAY - pesto whole grain pasta, roasted parm broccoli, garlic bread
THURSDAY - margarita pizza boats, salad
FRIDAY - cod fillets, coleslaw
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
look at Spring magazines, plant new fresh herb pots from a kit I picked up that I'll transplant to outside pots once they're ready, play cards with my Mom
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
FROM THE CAMERA:
Soaking up vitamin D sipping iced tea and playing cards with this Cutie - life is GOOD! ☀️
You know it's a hopeful sign when you get out some of the deck furniture! A pretty sunset last night.
Thought I would share some Spring flowers of the past to add to the happy dreaming on what's coming ahead! 😍
PRAYER LIST:
Prayers for gratitude and thankfulness for so many blessings. For Matt's Mom having surgery soon. For Ukraine, Russia, and surrounding countries taking refugees. For the Lord's light, love, and peace to spread in our world and cast out the dark everywhere. 🙏