Hi Friends!
I have been sharing that I've been doing weight watchers recently for health and weight loss. A motivating factor for me is a trip to Europe later this year. I know it will involve a lot of walking and being on the go in general. Not to mention sleeping in less supportive beds (I love my tempurpedic) and just all the things that travel can bring...so I know being more fit and a bit smaller will help alleviate any issues. So far I'm almost 45 days into my plan and have lost about 10 lbs. Just going slow and steady to get to my ultimate goal.
And I am so grateful to have a supportive partner. Matt is a health conscious guy and lost a lot of weight doing keto. But he's also kind of a foodie like me. 😋 So we have fun cooking together and looking at different recipes that can work for both of us. Annie is fussier and likes her handful of meals over and over so that is what my menu each week reflects. I just tweak things to fit in my points - or sometimes eat something different all together. The weekends are when Matt and I do more cooking together. But I also do one cheat day each week. I still try to be pretty good - but it's a day when we may go out to eat and I just don't worry about counting (marking down) my points that day. And it helps me stay on my plan knowing I allow myself that indulgence too! Life is balance 😉
But I thought I would share a few recipes and favorite tips/snacks kinds of things that are working for me.
I recently made these mini pizza peppers. They were really yummy and depending how much cheese I put on them were only about 4-5 points for the whole pan of them.
To make them cut mini peppers in half. Place on cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and I sprinkled some italian seasoning over them. Fill with a small spoonful of marinara (for keto Matt does sugar free sauce), add in shredded mozzarella cheese and I did mini turkey pepperoni. Push down into peppers. Bake at 400* for about 10 -12 minutes. Simple and yummy. Add a salad for a little meal. Or just great as a snack too.
Then when they come out I do a free drizzle of chocolate syrup. I can have about 4- 5 of these for only a few pts. And they are SO GOOD! A little bitter from dark chocolate, salty & then sweet. They are Annie's fave right now too. 😋
Oooh - such good ideas! I'm pinning this one!
ReplyDeleteYou are a talented cook, Carrie. I love all your WW ideas - I will try the roasted peppers, and the chocolate fruit - YUM. xx
ReplyDeleteOh my the orange segments look divine!
ReplyDeleteWe've had amazing weather here too :)
Jillxo