Hi Friends!
Over the weekend I did some keto baking for my sweet Mr. Matt. So he could have something homemade to bring home with him for the week ahead (although Annie and I got a little bit as we needed to make sure it was tasty 😉 ). We decided on zucchini bread and made a:
sweet loaf...
...and a savory one.
We used this recipe from jenniferbanz.com
For the sweet one we followed her recipe exactly only I almost doubled the amount of cinnamon. The regular zucchini bread recipe I make calls for a lot of cinnamon and I LOVE that flavor with zucchini. And for the savory one I used the same recipe, but omitted the sugar & cinnamon and added about a tsp each of garlic powder and onion powder. And mixed in about a cup or so of shredded monterey jack cheese. And I also added some of that cheese, along with shredded cheddar, to the top of the loaf before baking. If you want the top part less crispy - then add the shredded topper later into the baking. Of course, keep in mind almond flour gives a different texture a bit - but the flavors were absolutely amazing!! Both were SO good and I think Matt was thrilled! ♥️
If you had to choose would you be team savory? Or sweet? 😋
I also thought I would share that I made BBQ pulled pork over the weekend - that was yummy and very easy to make keto style.
I simply seasoned and then browned a pork roast (almost 3 lbs) in butter and olive oil.
Once I took it out of the pan I sauteed about half of a sliced onion in the drippings and got all the good fond (browned bits) up with them.
I then put some BBQ sauce in the bottom of my slow cooker. Threw some of the cooked onions in with it. Put the roast on top. Covered in more BBQ sauce and onions and I let it slow cook all day on low. After about 6-7 hours it was ready to shred up. I didn't get pics of the after - but Matt had his on a low carb wrap and I had mine on little slider buns. I served it with coleslaw mix I tossed in Jimmy's coleslaw dressing (because it's a lower carb one) and we ate it right on top of our pulled pork. Add a nice salad or other veggie side dish and you have dinner! To keep this pulled pork keto, I used sugar free BBQ sauce. Matt suggested this one:
And I gotta say it was amazing! Highly recommend - even if you're just looking to cut down on sugar. So good.
Enjoy! 😋








Both of the breads look great and Keo healthy!
ReplyDeleteI think with zucchini I'd be team savoury! Both look fab though!
ReplyDeleteJillx