Monday, June 13, 2022

Happy Homemaker Monday



Happy Monday! 

It's a gloomy wet one here today. But on the plus side I don't have to water all my flowers. 😉 

We had such a wonderful visit with Aaron here and it was hard watching him leave. But it sounds like there's a good chance he'll be able to move back by the end of the summer!! Yay!

It was a wonderful weekend here. Walks with Ruby. I love that Matt loves walking too so we walk 2 & 3 miles when we go out. We saw the new Top Gun movie and had dinner at a different sushi place over the weekend and both were awesome!! But on a bummer note - Matt woke up not feeling great over the weekend and I gave him a test and he has covid. He has been vaccinated, but was due for the booster and didn't get it yet. I think with his busy work around lots of folks - he finally succumbed. He's actually never had it until now. So he is now quarantined up at his cabin. He feels kind of flu-like but overall okay, thank goodness! He's getting good rest. I have been up-to-date with booster and so far I feel just fine. Tested negative and I'm keeping an eye out for any symptoms but hopefully will be fine. I lysoled the house everywhere. Lol And Annie was gone all weekend to hockey tourney - plus she's up-to-date with booster too. So hopefully all good here. This covid thing, unfortunately, just seems to be part of daily life now. 

 
















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

















   


 








ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

a cutie orange, coffee















ON MY TO DO LIST:

chiropractor visits, errands, groceries, hospice work, haircut, Ruby grooming appt, trip planning, other work from home


















THINKING ABOUT:  

That I'm glad Annie is able to get more time with her dad. She took a stand for a year not going to his house or seeing him much hoping he wouldn't be staying with the person that helped destroy our family. Let alone the fact she was once his secretary and half his age and it's embarrassing he chooses her and is in public with her now - like watching one of her hockey games with Ad this weekend. But Annie shared she was ready to tolerate being around her to be able to get more time with her dad. So she had to be around her a bit this weekend driving back from the tourney. Aaron was with for the drive too, so she said that helped and she didn't have to talk to her much. While Aaron was visiting here with me he shared that he doesn't care for her either, but has been okay tolerating her for the sake of his dad for a while now...  and I think his example has helped Annie. 

They both know they will always be my priority and that they are very loved. I have always encouraged their relationship with their dad and I believe it's important they have him too - even if he's going to continue to make a choice that hurts. It's all tragically disappointing really. But I'm so proud of them being able to rise above it in order to have what they need in their lives. 

 I think about how it's comforting for me seeing Ad more and more in the rear view mirror of my life. I know my kiddos are okay now  - and telling myself I don't have to be friends with my ex has been empowering to me. That I don't have to put that on myself, and I am just free from that chapter of my life. To be brutally honest about what's on my mind it's that I was so good to Ad - loved him deeply, was a kind, giving & faithful wife for 30 years, and I took great care of his parents and gave my all to him. And he hurt me in the worst ways someone ever could to another and he has to live with that and how our kids see him.

But I don't. 🙏  I pray for and daily work to choose forgiveness and to move on in the plans the Lord has for me in this chapter of my life. 

And I'm just so excited for this summer ahead and a future with the kindest partner I could have ever found. We have plans for lots of fun with my bestie and her hubby and with relatives and other friends. And for getting in lots of golf, pontoon rides, walks with Ruby and even a getaway together in the future. I do truly feel so blessed! 😊 






















CURRENTLY READING

I recently got Valerie Bertinelli's new book - but haven't started it yet













ON THE TV TODAY:

Derry Girls on netflix (hilarious), Becoming Elizabeth, The Chase, America's Got Talent, Matt & I are planning to start Yellowstone together when he's back here




















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

Need to eat up some leftovers and clean out the fridge before getting groceries. Annie and I will probably do pancakes this week. And red lobster biscuits with tomato soup and use up a salad kit. And I have broccoli to use up so probably pasta one night with roasted broccoli with lemon & parm. I'm also planning to bake banana bread to use up old bananas.


























TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

hopefully read a bit, walk and play outside with Ruby, trip plan

















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:


This kind of cracked me up 🎶 




















FROM THE CAMERA:





Still kind of below normal temps so often need to wear shorts with a sweatshirt or jacket. Hopefully will get "true" summer soon! ☀️ 





























PRAYER LIST:

Prayers of gratitude that they have at least reached some bipartisan agreement on better screening about guns and better mental health support and red flag laws. It's a start. But I think it's going to take a lot more. Continued prayers for the people of Ukraine and for peace and healing in our world. 🙏 















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I love the lyrics to the song SCARS by I Am They - I find them powerful and healing:



I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday. Have a blessed day! 

8 comments:

  1. Valerie Bertinelli book? I need to look that up. I love your menu for the week. Positive vibes for Matt to get through Covid easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie - yep Val's new book is called Enough Already: Learning to Love the Way I Am Today. Blessings. xo

      Delete
  2. Your photos are always so pretty! It's been cool here, but tomorrow is supposed to be mid 90's - big change!
    I'm sorry Matt has covid. I hope his symptoms stay minimal and he heals quickly.
    I'm glad you are happy with what you see in the rear view mirror and looking forward to whats ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweet Mari! Planning to come and catch up with you today. Matt is hanging in there and getting lots of rest. He did lose his sense of smell/taste poor guy. I'm so excited about the future and so grateful for all of your support! 🤗 xoxo

      Delete
  3. WONDERFUL pictures my friend! I'm so sorry Matt now has COVID. I still pray daily for the end to this horrid virus and the havoc it has brought to our lives. I hope it's a mild case and he's up and around soon. I really admire your perspective on Ad and the forgiveness you are having towards him - makes for a better heart for you. As my dad would have said - Ad made his bed so now it's his and his alone to live with. So grateful you have found someone who makes you smile again. Also glad to hear Aaron may be home later this summer! Weather is so weird lately EVERYWHERE. We're actually cooler here than you are up there! Enjoy your week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamy! thankfully Matt is doing okay but can't smell/taste now and is tired and congested. I'm so tired of this virus too and it can leave the earth anytime now!! I ask for the Lord's help to heal my heart and to help me choose compassion and forgiveness every day. Some days easier than others. I have the best friends in the world and that sure helps too. I hope your weather warms up my Lovely! 💗

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures as always! Sorry COVID found Matt, hope he recovers quickly. Glad that your kids are trying to maintain a relationship with their dad despite the circumstances and happy for you that you've moved on and found much deserved happiness with Matt. You can have a bit of our weather, we have heat to spare, no long sleeved shirts here. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! Matt is doing okay and thankfully no serious symptoms - just feels crummy and lost his taste. I feel blessed overall and I know my heart will heal more with every passing year and with the help I get from the Lord in every day. I choose to focus on the bright future ahead! 😊 ☀️ I'll take some of your heat - just no crazy hot stuff! Lol Blessings. xo

      Delete