Hello dearest Blogland Pals of Mine! π
I didn't get to an HHM post yesterday. We were up at 10 Mile Lake visiting Matt's folks for a nice long holiday weekend! It was so wonderful. Since I've known Matt as a GM car guy he has worked most Saturdays. Now with this new job he works less hours. No weekends. Calls his own shots and it's just so fun to have life be a bit different now (& to have my fella around that much more). So we spent 3 glorious days playing cards, eating great food, talking, watching movies and swimming in the lake. Pure late summer bliss. I hope those of you that celebrated the Labor Day weekend, also had a wonderful time. :)
I thought instead of a belated HHM - I would do a quick update and share some pics from what's been going on in the world here. I know many kiddos started school today. Annie has been at school now for almost 2 weeks. She is fully into volleyball season as well. We are planning her next grad photo shoot with her Auntie soon as well. I hope that any kiddos starting today have a very blessed year ahead! π π
And the newest update is that today we brought sweet Bubba-cat over from Matt's old place and we are all fully integrated as a family over here. We are officially a family of 5! I think the only one struggling with the new adjustment is Ruby. Lol She gets so jealous. But I know as time goes on, and Bubba will be off in his own world in the house, (& napping a lot) it won't be such a big deal to Ruby then.
So here are a few pics of life lately:
As you can see from the pic of Bubba at Matt's feet - he's mainly liked sticking close to Dad today. He's been exploring a bit...but it will take him time to feel completely at home yet.
Also, yes I've been accumulating some Autumn goodies. I haven't started decorating yet. Especially since it's been unusually hot and muggy for the northwoods recently. But I'm waiting and planning....it's just a matter of time. π ππΎπ§‘

It's so hot and muggy here today too. But it certainly is starting to look like Fall there.
ReplyDeleteThat photo of the rear view mirror is spectacular!
Hooray for Matt having weekends off. As someone who worked weekends all my adult life, and Bob also worked Saturdays, I feel yours and Matts joy. It's wonderful to have the weekend off!
Thanks Mari - the sun was sure putting on a show that evening driving home. It has definitely started to show Fall moments here. Color is definitely coming early. And of course those recent super moons give all the Autumn feels too. And yes, you're so right about what a treat and a blessing it is to enjoy full weekends off together now! ;)
DeleteSuch great photos! Glad you get to spend your weekends together with Matt. Glad the move in adjustment is going so well for Bubba and Ruby. I've started cleaning today to work on maybe adding a few fall touches as well.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jean! I'm gearing up for full Autumn decorating soon. Still going through some closets and making the rest of room for Matt's and Bubba's spaces. Lol Then I can focus on decorating fun! I hope you're knocking out all of your chores with ease and I look forward to seeing your decorating soon. :)
DeleteI am with you on fall decorating, I'm so ready but I just can't bring myself to it knowing how hot the outdoors has been! But that doesn't mean I'm not excited about it! The sunset is gorgeous! Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteThanks Stacy! It's a bit cooler today and I pray it's here to stay. I'm so ready for all things Fall - including the weather! Lol :)
DeleteYou seem to have such a positive attitude about everything - you amaze me with your posts. Have a great week
ReplyDeletesounds like the perfect weekend. my hubby was also working weekends for the longest time and finally has weekends off too, it does feel nice to be able to go to any festivals or things happening on weekends, although it has been so HOT here we haven't done a lot of that this summer, hoping to enjoy some Autumn festivals soon.
ReplyDeleteHope the two furbabies will get use to each other soon and all will be good :) I am getting the house ready to put up my Autumn goodies :)
Aww! Those sweet babies! π I’m sure Bubba will settle in soon. Sounds like your weekend was absolutely enjoyable! Sounds like a wonderful time.
ReplyDelete