Hello! And can you believe...
...that it's October already??
The time sure has been flying by. I love this season so much, so I'm fully embracing it! :) The leaves are changing more here everyday. We're having some unseasonably warm weather predicted the next few days, but then it's going to drop quite a bit. Maybe even in the 40's by the weekend! Yikes!
Did you have a nice weekend? Matt went to get his folks at Ten Mile and bring them up here. They're leaving from our local airport later this week and heading back to AZ for the Winter. They do plan to be back for the Christmas holiday though.
We did have a nice Friday night out together before he left on Saturday. We ran errands and went out for Mexican food - one of my faves! I did work around home and helped Annie with some MORP planning (her school's homecoming dance... it's prom spelled backwards and girls ask the fellas). And I helped with some of her college applications. Please hold me while I weep a moment. Whenever I face these real life moments with my baby it hits me! But I'm excited for her and all that is to come. It was also my brother's birthday this past weekend and I sent him wishes - but we're getting together next weekend to celebrate. 🎉
Then Sunday Matt and his folks got up here (they're staying at Matt's old house as I don't have a guest room yet...it's kind of a work in progress). And I made a big crockpot of brown sugar chili, some jalapeno cheddar cornbread muffins glazed in honey butter, a big veggie tray and some snickerdoodle cookies. We all hung at Matt's watching football and nibbling. It was such a nice relaxing day. 💗
Now on to this week...
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
1/2 an onion bagel with a little light butter and a coffee
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
errands, Annie volleyball game tomorrow and I meet with other fellow moms about senior night planning, Annie continues to have hockey captain's practices, some paperwork I need to do, final planning so I can book the cruise for next year (both of my kiddos are going now - yay!), hospice work
THINKING ABOUT:
I'm glad that there won't be too many hotter days like today. I'm fully into Fall right now and I love the cooler temps for getting in lots of walking outside. 🍁
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
The sun is shining and I had to turn on the a/c! Both of my kiddos were home for lunch and that's why I'm delayed finishing this post. Annie didn't have school today and we were catching up on some of our show together over lunch too. :)
CURRENTLY READING
still been more crafting or walking or watching a show with Matt - need to start reading in bed again so I get some in everyday
ON THE TV TODAY:
When Calls the Heart, Big Brother, Survivor, Shark Tank, Jeopardy, Better Call Saul, Halloween Baking Championship, The Morning Show (new season finally on Apple tv)
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY -
TUESDAY -
WEDNESDAY -
THURSDAY -
FRIDAY -
* not sure about menu this week. I know we'll probably do leftover chili - but deferring to his folks for what they may want to do for dinners. There are probably some fun restaurants they'll want to hit. But otherwise we will be taking it day to day and figuring out meals until they leave for AZ late in the week.
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
walk, hopefully read, craft
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
I saw this on youtube and thought he had such a good message and I love these sculptures he makes!
FROM THE CAMERA:
Some of the lower level decorations and a shot of my sweet Ruby. She loves to hang out down there more, now, because Matt is often working down there.
Over homecoming week many students played flag football. Annie and her other senior friends are getting grad pics for this year, of course, so they thought it would be funny for picture day to wear their football getup. Lol
Matt ordered me a GIANT margarita this weekend at dinner (don't worry I didn't drink it all 😆 ) And then we came home and had a lovely fire under the full moon. 🌝
Annie finished this neat (I think Japanese?) inspired lego set. It's called The Great Wave and those faces are people on a boat getting hit with this massive wave. I love the details - like the the birds that make up the crest of the wave. It came with it's own frame - which she also put together. Going to be hanging it up somewhere. I just love it!
Ruby and Bubba often nap together on our bed. Bubba is the little lump under the covers by the pillow on the far side of the bed. Lol
Lots of color now. It was cooler and foggy/rainy this past weekend and was perfect for chili, cornbread muffins, veggies and cookies. 😋
PRAYER LIST:
For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence. For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace. For His Light and Love to cast out the dark everywhere. For Matt's Dad to have fast healing in the days ahead. And that they have a safe journey back to AZ. For a medical appointment my Mom is having this week. 🙏



