Monday, October 7, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday



Hello dear Friends!

It's been a busy day around here already. I was out and about and then had a medical appointment this AM. And then I was working with Annie to figure out flights and logistics to get her home from Tampa - where another hurricane is going to hit...but this time darn Milton is coming right at her. Lots of flights were taken already. And she needs to drive to Orlando to get a flight - but we got it worked out and she's coming home for this week. Woo hoo! I'm SO glad as I'd be worrying myself sick about her if she had stayed. I continue to pray for all those still affected by Helene. Geesh this hurricane business can stop anytime now, please Lord! 🙏🏻

So I'm getting to this later than I intended and I need to go run some errands soon so will try to knock it out quickly. I hope you had a lovely weekend and are ready to dive into this week! 


















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

Fasting this AM so only sugar free syrup and a splash of protein creamer in my coffee. 
















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

errands, get my Girl from the airport, visit with my Mom, maybe Ruby's haircut (or might need to be rescheduled), hospice work and calls, lunch with friend, home projects, time with Annie home! 



















THINKING ABOUT:  

The last hurricane and all the devastation and all those poor people. And now more heading and going to hit. I just continue to pray like crazy for them all! 😢🙏🏻


















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

It's bright and sunny. I'm listening to Michael Buble singing currently. I'm working on the grocery list for the week. Annie told me some requests she wanted me to add. Lol 



















CURRENTLY READING

Death by Crockpot mystery by Linda West - once I'm finished with that I have up next The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab



















ON THE TV TODAY:

 Big Brother, Dancing with the Stars,  Survivor, Grey's Anatomy, Great British Bake Off, Jeopardy, Golden Bachelorette, Food Network shows



















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:




    MONDAY - meatloaf, mashed potatoes, garden salad




TUESDAY -  not sure yet? (getting Annie from the airport)




WEDNESDAY - crepes, breakfast potatoes, fruit (an Annie fave)





THURSDAY - tomato soup, garlic cheddar biscuits, oven roasted veggies (another Annie fave) - *Matt and I might do healthy noodles with pesto with healthier Italian chicken sausage





FRIDAY -  maybe out for dinner?
















 

TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

read, walks, spend time with Annie




















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:



















FROM THE CAMERA:

Some Fall scenes from around home:













Even Fall moments in our guest bathroom:








My lunch when Matt & I went to panera the other day - so Fall! A cup of Autumn squash soup (my fave😋) and harvest chicken apple salad. So yummy! 




Our photographer had a problem with her computer and had to get it fixed. She got it back recently and we've been getting some sneak peeks - here's a few:
















PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For those affected by Hurricane Helene and their continued needs and healing. And for those in hurricane Milton's path to be kept safe. 

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way. 🙏🏻

















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Always. 🙏🏻💗

Blessings on your week ahead Friends! xoxo

I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie! I'm so happy to hear Annie could get a flight home. I'm glad she'll be safe and sound with you for the week. I hate hearing that another hurricane is headed for the US. People here in my state in Western NC are still recovering from Helene and will be for many more months and likely, years to come. I pray Milton is not as bad as they are forecasting. We had lunch at Panera yesterday and it was so good! The apple chicken salad is my favorite! I love Michael Buble and listen to his music often. His music always puts me in a good mood! Oh, and thank you for sharing a sneak peek of your wedding photos! They are beautiful! Have a great week and enjoy your time with Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hurricanes! It's terrible. I have a niece that also lives in Florida and is in the path. She's headed home for a week too. Glad Annie is coming home!
    Your home always looks so cozy and inviting.
    Carrie! The first wedding photo is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wedding pictures. So glad Annie is coming home (and away from Milton) for the week. Squash soup and Michael Bubblé...sigh.. Fall, Fall, Fall. Have a great week with your girl home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carrie, I am so pleased to read Annie can get away from Florida and come home to you for a few days. The hurricanes have been reported here, and Helene has been shocking. I just saw the Milton is bearing down. Thinking of all those people in its path. Your wedding photo on the lake edge is beautiful, definitely a framer. What fun to have the photos coming in. Your Fall decor is always an absolute treat. Love the white pumpkin stack. Have a good week with your girl. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. These hurricanes are keeping us on our knees. The Church has been pulling together and doing so much to help for God's glory. His hands extended...I am glad to hear Annie will be getting home safe with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to hear Annie was able to get a flight out, that is a very scary situation down there and not something you want to be in right now that is for sure. i am sure you don't mind having her home for a little while either, but lets hope this is the end of all that. Love the wedding pictures, hopefully it won't be long and you will get them all back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad Annie made it home safe and sound! I pray all the time for all the hurricane victims - such a horrific year for tornadoes and hurricanes! I'm loving all your pictures this week, especially the wedding and the tube cake looks amazing!!! I hope you have had a GREAT week and your weekend is even better! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad Annie was home with you and safe during the hurricane. Hope you're planning to put that first wedding photo in a frame, it's so beautiful. And I always love seeing all your fall decor. Hope you've had a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank goodness Annie was able to get a flight home and spend the week with you!! Your wedding pictures look absolutely beautiful!
    Also, Panera's Autumn squash soup is my favorite! Meet ya there! : )

    ReplyDelete