Monday, December 30, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday





Hello and happy Monday Friends ~


I wasn't sure if I'd have time to pop in and do a post...but I'm working to do a quick one. When I get a chance I'll come around for a visit too! My in-law's head back to AZ tonight so we will be occupied today. But I have a little time this morning to say hi and I hope you've been having a wonderful holiday season. ❤️💚 
I look forward to seeing what you've been up to  - have you been having jolly holidays??

Matt & I had a magical Christmas here. We actually got some snow and had a white Christmas -which added to the special. We've been back to rain now - boo. So it's been brown and ugly again. But Christmas was dreamy and fluffy white. We did a fun pasta dinner and gift opening with my kiddos on the 23rd. Then we had a wonderful Christmas Eve brunch with my Mom and my Bro & SIL - until they had to leave early because my SIL's Mom was having a health issue. Thankfully she is doing well now 🙏🏻 
Christmas Eve night was mass and fun game time with my kiddos. 

Christmas Day we spent the whole day with my in-law's. My kids were with their Dad, and my in-law's came over from their air b&b and we wore pj's all day, had a yummy ham dinner, played cards and watched Christmas movies. It was wonderful and so relaxing. 

We also took my in-law's out for a fancy dinner for their 50th anniversary on the 21st. Matt took the days after Christmas off of work so we we had more quality time with his folks doing activities, like one afternoon we went to the movie Wicked too. 

It was awesome having my kiddos both staying here at the house. Matt's folks usually went back to their air b&b in the early evening. So we then came back home to late gamer nights, snacks & laughs with my kids. They also enjoyed hanging out with Matt's folks. Especially Annie hung out with us a lot. :) 

Everything was just how I hoped and dreamed for our first married Christmas together. An absolute perfect ending to this incredible year we've had! 



















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


some coffee with protein creamer and a little piece of cherry kringle because it's still the holidays 😋

















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

errands, New Year's groceries, Christmas with our friends, extra hospice work time later in the week for me, plans that Annie & I have together



















THINKING ABOUT:  

How crazy it is that 2024 is already coming to an end. Reflecting a lot on what an amazing year it's been. My many abundant blessings. The goodness of our Lord. And that I continue to be excited for all that is ahead! ❤️🙏🏻



















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

Still all the festive decorations around. It's been so gray and foggy out and I'm hoping for either sunshine or snow ahead! So tired of gray or rain out the window - it's so not normal for the northwoods
















CURRENTLY READING

My new awesome herb book I got from Aaron for Christmas. It's called The Cook's Herb Garden: Grow, Harvest, Cook
by Jeff Cox & Marie Pierre Moine



















ON THE TV TODAY:

We watched Carry On from netflix: a kind of a fun thriller, movies taped, food network shows, still catching up on TWD, jeopardy


















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - 




TUESDAY -  




WEDNESDAY - 




THURSDAY - 




FRIDAY - 

*still trying to decide on menu this week and finalize our NYE plans - might be going out...or might make a bunch of fun snacks for staying in. Have some fun ideas for some snacks and games to play. 



















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

 read, play on my ipad, play games, watch movies




















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:





 I think "cheater" cookie dough packages from the store can be nice to keep on hand when you don't have time to bake homemade. But sometimes I like to embellish them to make them more my own. Like these peanut butter cookies that I pushed chocolate and butterscotch chips into. They've become a Matt fave. And then, voila!,  you have some fresh cookies for the big ornament cookie jar! Lol 😉






















FROM THE CAMERA:
I felt so loved and spoiled this Christmas. Matt got us these pj's to wear Christmas day and I just loved them and thought they were so sweet. I received so many fun and thoughtful gifts but highlights were a book on herbs and their uses (for when I garden this summer) and an herb tool & other goodies from Aaron. All of the tools and things I need to learn to make homemade sourdough from Annie. And so many fun little things from Matt - but there were 2 things I especially loved that I received from him. First was a towel warmer, because he heard me say how I love to dry the load of towels to coincide with when I shower to have a warm towel when I get out. So he got me a cool tool that can warm towels, your robe, blankets etc. But my favorite gift was one that he must have spent hours working on...he made a leather bound book of our big epic year. It's about 30 pages long. He wrote it all -made it all rhyme and arranged all of the pics. It moved me to tears and was so thoughtful and romantic. He even added some current pics of the season and even looked ahead ending it about our NYE. Here's just a sample of some of the pages and the ending he wrote:






























😢💗 just love this and him so much!







And some more Christmas and holiday moments:































This house is in our neighborhood - we often walk or drive by it. I especially love it at Christmas time and always call it the Kevin McCallister house because it reminds me of the movie Home Alone. 
















PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For safe travels for all this holiday season and keeping everyone healthy. For those who have heavy hearts during the holidays - that God grant them peace. For my SIL's Mom's continued healing. For a friend (& family) that recently lost her husband unexpectedly and very young. 

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way. 🙏🏻




















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I hope you've been finding endless joy this holiday season. And that you've been treasuring time with those you love and hold most dear. As our hands are poised on the calender - ready to turn the page to 2025...may you reflect on your abundant blessings and look forward to a brand new shiny year ahead. One that I pray is filled with many more blessing ahead. 

I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


17 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you've had such a wonderful year and holiday! And that gift from Matt, wow, amazing! That Home Alone house is cool, did you see you can get a lego set of the house? Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jean! Happiest of New Year's to you and your family! ✨

      Delete
  2. You two are the cutest! And what a beautiful first Christmas together you shared! May God bless you with a happy and blessed New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks - thanks so much Billie Jo! We're having the time of our lives and I feel SO BLESSED thanks to God above! Have a very blessed 2025 ahead! ✨

      Delete
  3. What an amazing gift your hubby made you! I love it so much! I might just have to steal it for after Jeff and I are married! I'm glad you had such a beautiful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sherry! Isn't he wonderful?? Yes, steal away - it's a wonderful keepsake to have forever. 😉 Wishing you both a very Happy and blessed New Year!✨

      Delete
  4. I made it on Monday! :D At least it's still Monday here LOL YAY for your white Christmas! Ours was wet, brown , cold and ended on a violent note.

    Happy anniversary to your in-laws, what an awesome achievement and I LOVE that cupcake wreath - so beautiful!

    What wonderful family time you had - LOVE the pictures.

    We leave Christmas up until King's day here! It took so long to put up that I like to enjoy it as long as we can. I ADORE that book Matt made you! You definitely found the right guy! What a sweetie.

    We watched CARRY ON also as well as MANY other Christmas movies. Truth be told we're still watching a few.

    What a PERFECT inspiration to not only end 2024 on, but begin 2025 with! Happy New Year sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tamy! Isn't it amazing that my in-law's celebrated 50 years! Truly and amazing milestone. Keep enjoying the fun movies and wishing you and Skip a very blessed 2025 ahead! ✨

      Delete
  5. Carrie, what a great Christmas! That book Matt made you is so special and he put so much time into it! You will treasure that for years. I hope y'all have a wonderful start to the new year! Many blessings to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debbie! I pray you and your family have an amazing and very blessed New Year! ✨

      Delete
  6. Oh my, Carrie, how amazing is your journal gift from Matt. I had tears reading it. What a special guy he is. Your first married Christmas sounds just perfect. Love the Pj's, the cookies, and the fun family times. Have a Happy New Year! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Trish! Isn't that journal amazing? I couldn't hardly read it because of all my grateful and happy tears. God is so good and I tell Him thank you every day for the gift of my Hubby! I wish you and your family the most wonderful and Happy New year! ✨

      Delete
  7. You've shared a wonderful Christmas time, and made your first married Christmas together so very special. Matt's gift is truly beautiful.
    Sending you my warmest wishes for the rest of the festive season, and blessings for very Happy New Year. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jules! I treasure your visits here. This has been a very special year and a Christmas to absolutely treasure. I'm so grateful!! I hope you and your daughter and all of your family have a very blessed and Happy New Year! ✨

      Delete
  8. Carrie that book Matt made was fantastic! What a wonderful year. May 2025 be a year of abundant blessings!! I also loved the herb book he gave you. I had to go look that up! Can't resist a good book on herbs. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it sounds like you all have had a wonderful Christmas! So glad it was what you had imagined. Those were great thoughtful gifts but your hubby's was really special. My hubby is like that too and it sure makes you feel more than blessed to have them I know.
    Wishing you and your family a very Happy and Healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and coverage!

    Keep up the very good works guys I've added you guys to blogroll.
    my homepage; spaceclubdisposableshop.com

    Watermelon zour kandy strain.
    Space club apple rings.
    Banana glue vape.
    Glueberry pancakes.
    Lava melon strain.
    Guava blast vape.

    ReplyDelete