Monday, August 4, 2025

Happy Homemaker Monday



Happy Monday my Friends!

Well we've marched straight into August and it already feels like another speedy month. 

We continue to try to soak up the joys of summer each day...and we spent the weekend up at the lake cottage with Matt's folks. Time at the lake  always slows time a bit. So that was wonderful. 😊 

Did you have a lovely weekend? I sure hope so. 💗

We have had horrible hazy days from smoke due to the wildfires in Canada. It's very far stretching throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin - so we have it here and at the lake. So up at the cottage we mainly hibernated inside and didn't get any pontoon time in...so that was a bummer. But time with his folks is always fun and we chatted lots, played cards and games, and watched movies. We had a living room picnic Saturday night and watched Happy Gilmore and Happy Gilmore 2 - which was cute and funny btw, but we also love golf. We had a sort of charcuterie spread in the dining room and loaded our plates and sat in the living room and watched the movies. I highly recommend that, it was great!

But now all too soon it's back to a new week. It looks like kind of a rainy one too. Might be more hibernation inside in my future. Lol 
 












THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:




















ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

1/2 an apple cinnamon bagel, iced coffee














ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

some paperwork, items for a special surprise party coming up (more on that in the future), work on some of Annie college stuff, errands, groceries later this week, hospice work















THINKING ABOUT:  

some fun events coming up and getting to see relatives, always a fun part of summer 💛☀️ 




 











THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY:

that feeling when the laundry is caught up :) 
















CURRENTLY READING

I think after I'm done with all my current mags  I may dive into Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery  by Jenny Colgan












ON THE TV TODAY:

 Americas Got Talent, And Just Like That, The Gilded Age, The Office, Big Brother,The Last Kingdom, American Pickers, The Pitt (I'm watching this one and love it)















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - breakfast for dinner (always an Annie fave)



TUESDAY - taco salads we didn't do last week



WEDNESDAY - Asian soup dumplings with chili crunch, veggies



THURSDAY - 



FRIDAY - 


*Not sure about the rest of the week as we will need groceries. But thinking a veggie lasagna (another thing Annie would love), possibly a lemon chicken stir fry? 











TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

read, hang with my girl, play games















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:



I need to try this for Ruby!















FROM THE CAMERA:

The sunsets and moon rises have been so weird due to the smoke from the wildfires:



The lilies have still been so pretty and garden going strong. And still lots of bunnies in the yard every single day:















Headed to the lake and Ruby was all cleaned up for the occasion. The peaches have been so good - I made a cobbler for the weekend and I'll share that recipe soon :) 










And even though I adore summer days and that my Annie is still here and basically all the summer goodness...you who know me well, know that this is in the back of my mind all through August. I LOVE Fall nights out on the deck by the fire with a cozy blanket on my lap sipping a warm drink. Soon...not yet, but soon. 🍁












PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace.  For the wildfires to be put out and for anyone suffering from natural disasters.

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way. 🙏🏻













PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I wish you all a beautiful week ahead! 

I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

11 comments:

  1. It is hazy from wildfires here too. Cobbler, yes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you get it too Lucie. I pray for all the folks fighting it and all the wildlife. 🙏🏻

      Delete
  2. Carrie! We are not thinking about Fall yet! :) (I still love you...)
    We have the smoke haze here too and seem to be under constant air quality alerts.
    Love your outdoor pics and Ruby is cute as ever!
    Yum to those peaches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Mari! I knew you'd yell at me. 😉 But it's Fall deep down in my soul all year round. 😂 I keep hoping and praying they're able to put the fires out. I know they had on the news lots of WI firefighters went up to help. The peaches are so tasty right now. I like to get in all the melon, cherries & peaches while they're so good! 😋

      Delete
  3. Wow - it seems like Canada's wildfire smoke is everywhere! We were hazy today with poor air quality. It comes and goes, but today is a pretty bad one. Your yard looks like such a lovely respite from the world! I've tried to do the same with my balcony. I can't wait until Jeff and I have our forever home and we can garden and transplant some lilies from my Dad's backyard. They were transplanted there 40-some years ago from my grandmother/grandfather's home to my Mom. They always remind me of family! Have a blessed week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do see that the smoke is everywhere Sherry. It's so sad and almost impossible to control. I just keep praying they get enough help to get it out (or rain!). I'm excited for you to have your forever place too, as I can see how much you love your flowers and outdoor space too. It is such a sanctuary to have. I love the idea of transplanting the flowers. I did that with my former MIL's peonies and they are a treasure to me. 💗

      Delete
  4. Girl after my own heart!!!! I don't want time to rush by, but I cannot wait for fall!!!!!! Caught up laundry? What is that??? I never seem to find that out it seems. What card games do you play? I was recently taught 5 Crowns and have been enjoying that quite a bit. Fortunately we're not getting any hazy smoke here (at least yet). We seem to get the fires out here later in August and September, though I'm praying they don't happen this year! Have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are kindred spirits Tamy! I think Fall just really gets in one's soul. :) With Matt's folks we play a lot of 3/13 and a card game called May I? We also play Hearts with them sometimes. With my Mom we sometimes play hand and foot. And with our friends, the Conley's, we play Smear. I think it's just a big part of the culture in MN/WI too - to play cards. I need to look up 5 Crowns ...we've never done that one! I pray so much you don't get the fires too. It's been awful!! 🙏🏻💗

      Delete
  5. Hi Carrie, yesterday the wildfires 🔥 created a haze and the smell of smoke 🚬 here in Montreal. Our air quality was terrible...I stayed inside and had windows closed and air conditioner on. Your photos are beautiful. I did a small load of laundry today, I live alone...I am divorced since 1998, and it does feel great to be caught up on it...and any other chores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Carrie...I can not wait for those kind of Fall nights..I just told my husband this afternoon that I don't ever remember longing for Fall like I have this Summer. It is just way too hot here and no matter how much we water, the plants just look exhausted. So very sorry for the heavy smoke that many are experiencing right now. so sad to see the fires and all the damage that happens. Your lilies are so very beautiful and I enjoyed seeing the array of colors that they are displaying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bummer you couldn't get out on the boat, we are heading to Michigan and it sounds like by the time we make it, the smoke is supposed to shift and it will be nice, sure hope so. I finished watching the Pitt, it was really good, I am really liking the Gilded age too.
    Ruby sure did look cute for her trip to Grandmas and Grandpas.

    ReplyDelete