Monday, August 18, 2025

Happy Homemaker Monday




Happy Monday dear Friends!

How's life looking in your neck of the woods? The northwoods have been rainy all day and even a bit of lightening and thunder thrown in. The temps have been a little cooler lately and it truly feels like a Fall preview going on. 

We had an event-filled weekend around here! This past week we got in lots of extra Annie time. I made many of her favorite dishes and treats. We played lots of games. Did tons of visiting about her college year coming up... and I made out recipe cards she requested. We even picked out things for her new apartment. She will be on campus but in an apartment with 3 other roommates. She will have her own bedroom, though, and is thrilled about that! Friday night I made a lemon pasta, fresh green beans & garlic bread (more of her faves) for dinner. Then she, along with Matt & I played games she loves. And then Saturday morning we were up at 5 AM to see her off to head back to Florida. I held her and we cried again a little, but it was a little easier this time. I think because we've had a year of this under our belt already. And because I got so much wonderful quality time with her this summer. Plus, she'll be home for a visit later in the Fall. 
 I pray she has an amazing year and that those darn hurricanes STAY AWAY! 

Then later on Saturday my sweet Aaron and Jill rolled into town and Matt & I made some of his favorites for dinner in honor of his birthday (which is actually today the 18th!). My Mom and step Dad came over and we all had dinner, cake & ice cream and gifts. We watched some of the preseason Green Bay Packers game we taped. And then we played a few different games and visited. Aaron and Jill stayed over here Saturday night. Then Sunday we all went out for brunch with my Dad and step Mom and then Aaron and Jill went to Jill's folks place for more party fun. Later they came back here for a bit before heading back to their apartment a few hours away. I can't believe I have a 25 year old!! I love that sweet dude and I pray he has an amazing year ahead. 

I love my kiddos so much...but I don't know that I ever expected to LIKE them so much. Matt and I have the best time just hanging out with our kids and I think that is such an amazing blessing that makes my grateful heart so very full. 

 

 
 










THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:






















ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

iced protein coffee, some watermelon














ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

hanging with my Mom, home projects, lunch or dinner with a girlfriend, errands, hospice work















THINKING ABOUT:  

how fast this summer seemed to fly by....I always think of my daughter going back to school and Aaron's birthday as marking summer is wrapping up




 











THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY:

This season of anticipating Autumn ahead...but still soaking up the last bits of summer. The garden is still growing, there will be more pontoon rides yet, golfing, enjoying deck life. But also seeing a few leaves change color, the geese flying over in formation, watching preseason football, and needing a sweatshirt more. 















CURRENTLY READING

I've decided to finish all the Dream Harbor series before moving on to my other books













ON THE TV TODAY:

 Americas Got Talent, The Office, Big Brother,The Last Kingdom, American Pickers















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - chickie chip on toast (My Gram's old recipe I love), cukes from the garden, melon



TUESDAY -  eat up leftovers from the weekend or throw something on the grill?



WEDNESDAY - slow cooker honey lime salsa chicken tacos, green apples & caramel dip



THURSDAY - leftover honey lime chicken lettuce cups or nachos




FRIDAY - not sure?... out for dinner or clean out anything left in fridge














TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

hang out with my Mom & a girlfriend, tidy up some flower pots and beds, read, maybe a fire on the deck? :) 














TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:





















FROM THE CAMERA:

Some of Annie's faves I made before she left for college...zucchini bread, slow cooker veggie lasagna, and blueberry french toast bake:








Helped Annie load up her car to be ready to leave very early the next day. I think Ruby was wondering what was going on? And I think her and Bubba were both mopey and sad when she left. I feel ya my furry friends 😢










Annie's dad was helping her drive her car back to FL and they stopped in Orlando to do some theme park stuff together. This is a pic she sent me from their hotel with a view of the epic universe park:





A few lilies still blooming here and there, herbs and some garden goodies still going strong....soaking up these last gifts of summer:













I can't believe my oldest baby is 25! ::sigh::
His cake this year - brownie fudge cake with chocolate ganache and vanilla ice cream. 😋🎉




















PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace.  For my Annie headed back to school - keep her safe and healthy (& free from hurricanes this year!). For my Aaron to have a blessed year ahead. For Matt's Dad's upcoming hip surgery.

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way. 🙏🏻













PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Even though today is rainy and gray - I'm still soaking up these final summer sun days when I'm able. Wishing you sunbeams always friends. 

I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

10 comments:

  1. What a weekend! Glad you got lots of Annie time and I know you made the best of summer with her too. I know all about that crying when they leave. I did it with Andy for years, finally now I don't cry anymore but it's been about 17 years since he left for the army, and everytime he came home and left, I was teary.
    Happy Birthday to Aaron too - the cake looks amazing!
    You have good looking things coming out of your kitchen. Now I want to know more about the Chickie Chip on toast. I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a weekend in deed. I am popping back on and catching up with blogs I follow. I usually do this during the summer. It has been a long time since I have visited. Life flies!!! Summer has went fast here! Your menu looks great. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Aaran and a good school year to Annie. All the food looks soooo goood. Enjoy your week

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a wonderfully full weekend of family and kiddo time! I LOVE hearing you say you LIKE the kids as they are now adults! That is sooooo very special!!! Happy Birthday Aaron and I hope Annie has a safe journey back to Florida. I hope you enjoy the end of summer and have a smooth transition into a long pleasant fall. Have a wonderful week sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great weekend Carrie! Having grown kids that you love, but also like and enjoy hanging out with is such a double blessing! I love being with my grown kids :) It sounds like you have more fun things to do before officially calling the summer as done. I'm just waiting for the first cold front to move through, which probably won't be for another few months. Have a wonderful week! Hopefully some sunshiny days :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great but also bittersweet weekend, my friend. Happy Birthday to your Aaron! I hope you have a very blessed week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower and garden photos are just simply gorgeous!!! I LOVE the flowers so much! I'm so bad at gardening and its so hot all summer I just give up and don't go outdoors much, but it is a goal of mine to do better!!! I can follow your blog as an inspiration hahah! The blueberry french toast bake got my attention too that looks so yummy!!!!
    My children are all tweens and teens still, but I do love getting to know them as older kids. They are a lot of fun, and I'm so thankful for them! I'm hoping for your daughter the hurricane season is tame! We are in the North Carolina Coastal Plain, so hurricanes give us a hassle as well.
    And yay for football! Die hards watch preseason lol, and my boys are super excited its back. We were able to get a great deal on the sunday ticket this year, so we are happy about that! Dolphins fans mostly in our home, Sawyer likes Commanders and my husband is a Panthers fan. We are pumped about the year!
    Also, how do you make your protein coffee? It's something I'm interested to try!
    Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Aaron... Handsome he is!! This sounds like a fun filled weekend for you and the family...Family time is always the best. Spending time with Annie, Aaron and Jill had to be the highlight of the weekend...Of course...I'm sure the food you served was a big hit as well. Carrie...you have such beautiful flowers and veggies hanging out around your place...Everything looks green and looks like it is all flourishing. I always enjoy seeing your menu for the week...gives me a lot of ideas..thanks for posting these... Enjoy the rest of your precious week... hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you are having what we would call down here nice fall temps :). How nice to have had that time with Annie, my daughter had jobs every summer so she wasn't able to come home, and that was hard on me. Nice her dad was able to drive her down there so she didn't have to do that alone, and have some fun too.
    It is amazing how fast our kids grow isn't it, and like you said the best thing is to enjoy them as adults too. That cake for your son looks terrific and all the goodies you made for Annie too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated birthday wishes to Aaron! It makes me happy that you got to spend so much time with your babies.
    I think you're right about summer wrapping up. It's still warm here, but it's the darker nights that I find rather telling. Xx

    ReplyDelete