Thursday, November 6, 2025

Cooking Thursday and a Special Day

 

Hello dear Friends! 

I head out soon for my Mohs surgery, but I wanted to pop in with a quick post with a few items. 


First - how beautiful was this sunrise this morning? The first few photos are looking out our kitchen window. The third photo shows the frost that was on the deck this AM (it was in the 20's). And the 4th pic is of some trees in the back of our home out our bedroom window -still holding onto their leaves. 








Next, I wanted to share that exactly 4 years ago today I met Matt for the first time. I met him online. Here are a couple of his profile pics from that time. We met on a dating site and I thought he seemed cool and was cute, but too young for me and lived a distance from me, so I was ready to swipe him aside.  And I only actually talked to him because he was raised in Illinois and was living in MN, but was a Green Bay Packers fan. So I responded to his profile to tease him. True story...the Packers are the primary reason I'm now married to this man. Lol (Well, God had His hand in it too). But thought I would share on this historical day, as the rest is history. 😉❤️




And lastly I thought I would share some pics from the recent dinner we had over here with my Mom and step Dad over. I made my Mom's favorite pot roast, a salad, biscuits and spiced peach pie. I sent them home with leftovers, as well as some of the pumpkin cream cheese bread I had made. And I'll connect a direct link to the recipes under my recipe tab, and the bread I found on a website.  Wonderful Fall comfort food! And it was fun to get a sneak preview for Thanksgiving with my new placemats and dishes. I love them and think they're so pretty. :) 
















slow cooker pot roast


The pot roast recipe includes how I make a gravy when the roast is done cooking. I use some of the juices from the slow cooker - so good! And for the pie I now add a little pumpkin pie spice, along with the cinnamon, to make it even more Autumn inspired. 


I won't have time to visit now, but I'll check in with you Friends later. Thanks again for the all the prayers and support about my little surgery today. Blessings! xoxo












10 comments:

  1. Hey friend! Praying your surgery goes well today.
    It's looking beautiful around you. Here too - but snow is predicted for us this weekend. I wonder if you'll be getting some too.
    Happy anniversary of meeting Matt. What a wonderful God thing!
    Your table looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Love all the cozy fall vibes here! I am praying your Mohs surgery goes quickly and you are Home Sweet Home resting soon. Hugs and love, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you well on your surgery. May you recover quickly! Congratulations on the day you met Matt. That did seem to be destined. Your baking and dishes looks sooo good! Many blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck with the Mohs surgery - my friend, my sister and my daughter have experienced this surgery. It is so good this procedure is available to us. Praying for you, my friend. I love how you met your husband - you didn't mention before you are a "cougar" Just kidding - hoping for a little laugh in the midst of a challenging day. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie, praying for your surgery to go well. And what a risk taker you are, dating online! Glad it all turned out and you got a good one :) Praying for peace over your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! That sunrise is incredible. Sending lots of love and positive vibes. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the pictures of the sunrise! Praying you're healing well and having a blessed weekend. Such a cute story about meeting Matt because of the Packers link, but I agree God had a hand in you two coming together :) he just used the Packers as a tool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your spiced peach pie look absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go, he looks like he's in highschool. Madonna is 66 and her boy friend is in his early twenties, so there's that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry so late seeing your post, things are crazy around here again and I am just catching up. Hope all went well with your surgery. Oh I bet your mom was thrilled with the meal and thankful for the leftovers to enjoy it another day too :). The pumpkin cream cheese bread sure does sound good :) Your place setting is just lovely, I have not had new place settings in probably 20 years, crazy I know.

    ReplyDelete