Thursday, January 8, 2026

Cooking Thursday: Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken

 


Hello Friends!

We are heading quickly towards the weekend - yay! I'm so looking forward to our annual girlfriend Christmas get together I'll be hosting here Saturday. I plan to soak up the last of the Christmas tree and glow extra over the weekend. ;) 

 What do you have planned? 


It will also be a bit of indulging as we do a fun potluck for our gathering. But Matt & I have already been working on some of our new year goals for better health. I have been walking every day instead of being so sporadic. And we have been making sure we up our veggies and lean protein in many of our meals. I made this really easy and VERY yummy sheet pan dinner the other night. The marinade is amazing and would be good used in other ways too. 



It was one I found from my sheet pan meals board on pinterest and it's a recipe by family table vibes website found here. She looked like she has lots of yummy recipes if you want to check it out. 

But Matt & I both loved this stir fry tasting easy meal that had lots of yummy veggies and baked chicken. You add the cashews at the end so they get a little roasted but are still crunchy. So good! 



You let the chicken marinade a while and in the meantime prep all the veggies:


Then put it all in an even layer in the sheet pan and bake. So very easy! I did use fresh ginger (which I think really made the marinade so flavorful) - but I think powdered ginger would work too. I didn't have cilantro so didn't garnish with that and it was still amazing. 

























We had ours with some jasmine rice that we blended with cauliflower rice so it was about half and half. It added more nutrients and fiber that way. I highly recommend this one for an easy weeknight dinner that is truly delicious and pretty healthy. We will definitely be making it again. 
Enjoy! xo







6 comments:

  1. I will add this to my list. I've been cooking a lot of sheet pan meals lately. Sam is very limited on the foods he can eat right now, but veggies are something he needs. since he can't really eat meat, I throw me a piece of chicken or some shrimp on the sheet pan as well.. Makes for a much easier meal..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good! I've saved it and will be trying it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks good, even to a deep-fried fanatic such as myself. The only change I would suggest would be boneless chicken thighs, I've had an issue with chicken breasts drying out in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, that meal looks so delicious! Thanks for the recipe :) Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great time with the girls, I haven't made a sheet pan meal yet but it does sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delish! I am definitely trying this! Your girlfriend party sounds fun! x x

    ReplyDelete