Monday, July 20, 2026

Happy Homemaker Monday


Happy new week my Friends!

It's still been pretty hot in the northwoods. We did get some thunderstorms and a bit of rain - so that was helpful. 

It was a pretty quiet weekend. Annie was out-of-town. And I got a little stomach flu. I was fighting a fever, chills - the works. Thankfully I felt better by later yesterday and I feel more like myself today. So Matt and I mostly hung out indoors in the a/c. We watched some shows, napped, and he did a lot of yard work. Yesterday, we played some cards and caught up with Annie when she got home. 

We have some busy weeks ahead - still lots of summer things and folks we are trying to pack in before it all flies by. ☀️💛









THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
















ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:

half of an english muffin with a tiny bit of natural pb & banana,  iced coffee












ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

groceries, errands, Matt's childhood friend coming to visit and for dinner, lunch that I'm hosting for some honorary "Aunties" of mine, Ruby's haircut, the company we hired to redo one of our bathrooms in the Fall is coming this week to measure, we are going to dinner & mini golf with my Bro & SIL, I'm doing lunch with my bestie later in the week, my hospice work 

(yep a busy one)...and next week Annie's bf is coming to visit from FL for the week - so it will be a busy one too!











THINKING ABOUT: 

How I'd like to do a Christmas in July day (on just a small level) and what I want that to involve ....hmmmm? 












THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY:

watching our garden grow a little bigger every day :) 💚













CURRENTLY READING

The Unselected Journals of Emma M. Lion by Beth Brower

 











ON THE TV TODAY:

Jeopardy, Big Brother, AGT, I watched the new Little House on the Prairie series and liked it, The Five Star Weekend, some Christmas Hallmark movies taped for Christmas in July ❤️💚😊













ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:


    MONDAY - lemon ricotta pasta with peas, roasted broccoli with parm, garlic bread



TUESDAY - 




WEDNESDAY - 




THURSDAY -  




FRIDAY -

*not sure about the rest of the week because still setting the dates for what nights Matt's friend is visiting and when we're going out with my Bro & SIL. I'm going to make and bring food for my Mom& step Dad one night (she requested my slow cooker sweet & sour meatballs with asian style cauliflower rice). I'm also planning to make a brunch kind of lunch for my honorary "Aunties" and plan to make monte cristo sliders with raspberry jam and fruit. And maybe make cookies this weekend for Christmas in July??  - lots of ideas are brewing over here 😉













TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

color, read, work on a Christmas gift project (while listening to Christmas music of course!)













TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:









 




FROM THE CAMERA:


Since we really didn't go anywhere - all of my pics are from around our home sweet home. So of course lots of flowers and garden pics.  I wanted to share that my lilies are all popping open and I love the variety of colors we have. The peach ones haven't opened yet - they're usually last. The deep red ones always remind me of this pic of Annie when she was little.  I've always loved it and included it in her grad announcement a few years ago. ❤️








My Aunt sent this thank you too me knowing I love quilling. I think it's such a pretty art form:



The hydrangeas are also popping open...








The herbs are taking over their pots and the lettuce is spilling out of its pot. The garden is growing bigger now and I love how the cukes are curling around the chives:









I found this pretty garden iron flower cross I had bought when we were in AZ and had Matt hang it on my gardeners table. 











PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflicts all over the world and anyone living in war & fear, especially everything going on in the middle east right now. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and shootings or violence.  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain, fear, loneliness etc ... that God bring them comfort and peace. For the wildfires to end.

For the Lord's love and peace to fill 2026. ❤️ 

For Christ's Light and Love to cast out the darkness everywhere and help the world find its way to loving our neighbors as ourselves. 🙏🏻











PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
💗💗💗

I hope you have a week full of treasures Friends!

I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


11 comments:

  1. Your garden is gorgeous as always! I'm so glad you're feeling better, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers around your place are stunning...beautiful reds, oranges and lavenders. Oh my goodness...your hydrangea bloom is so big and gorgeous.. Sorry Carrie that you felt bad. Hopefully it had nothing to do with the big lettuce issue going on in the US right now. Hope you are feeling much better today. Wishing you a great week ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're feeling better!
    Your flowers are gorgeous. It's such a pretty time of year.
    That photo of little Annie is beyond adorable.
    I just started watching the new Little House too and have been enjoying it.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my friend, I am sorry you got sick! I am glad you are feeling better though. You seem to have a busy week for sure. I do love all the blooms happening in your yard. So, beautiful. I hope you have a good week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so glad you're feeling better my dear Carrie! Bugs are never fun, but summer bugs are the worst!!

    Oh how I wish I had the fingers for quilling!! so pretty. And that picture of Annie is just precious!! As always your flowers are absolutely STUNNING!!

    And you are so absolutely right about using the good stuff. I do it EVERY day. Since my cancer I have really realized that every day needs to be cherished like it's a holiday worth celebrating.

    I hate to admit how many Autumn thoughts I've been having, but I have. Is there anywhere that has fall, winter and spring bypassing summer all together? I'd move there!

    I hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ignore my last comment - google keeps changing me to anonymous!!

    I so glad you're feeling better my dear Carrie! Bugs are never fun, but summer bugs are the worst!!

    Oh how I wish I had the fingers for quilling!! so pretty. And that picture of Annie is just precious!! As always your flowers are absolutely STUNNING!!

    And you are so absolutely right about using the good stuff. I do it EVERY day. Since my cancer I have really realized that every day needs to be cherished like it's a holiday worth celebrating.

    I hate to admit how many Autumn thoughts I've been having, but I have. Is there anywhere that has fall, winter and spring bypassing summer all together? I'd move there!

    I hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little Annie: what a sweet pic. They grow up so fast! I'm glad you are getting over your virus - they do drag us down! I love to see your garden with so many good things growing. The red and orange lilies are beautiful, and you have the same little pink pansies as I currently have in bloom. Twins :) I like your elevated vege garden and it looks so productive. We need to get us one of those... And your flower/cross is beautiful and may it last many years. Have a good week my friend.xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow it does sound like you have a very busy week ahead. Glad that your sickness didn't last too long. We are almost done watching the new Little house on the prairie, I thought it is pretty good, wonder how much it follows the books? Your garden and flowers are looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I am sorry you were down not feeling well. Hopefully each day is getting better! It sounds like you have some fun things this week with lunch and company. Your flowers & are garden are both looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful picturs of Annie and the flowers. Glad you are feeling better. I can feel the Christmas feeling in your post, yay! Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your garden is looking fabulous. Carrie. And what a gorgeous photograph of Annie - those curls!
    I'm glad you're feeling better now. Xx

    ReplyDelete