
Hi Friends!
Today I'm sharing a post to link up with my blogging friends Jean and Rebecca. This blogging series is about sharing some of your favorite things about summer. It will be running through to September - so just know if you'd like to join the fun you don't need to do a post or link everyday for 30 days in a row. Just when it works for throughout the summer. I'm hoping to join in a couple of times each week! You can read more about it all here.
But for my first day joining up I wanted to share one of my favorite things about summer - which is to go walking with my Ruby (if you haven't figured that out already) :P I just love it here on the bay - but it's especially beautiful in summertime. We have roads out in my neighborhood that go next to the bay - and then I also like to go to a lovely city park close by our house as well. The park runs along the bay as well. And all the little bays in my area flow into big beautiful Lake Superior.
Here's a shot of the bay I took the other day on one of our walks.
I love to listen to music when I walk. Either something soft and calming. Or something with a good beat to get me to step up my walk a bit. ;) I love that in the summer, as I walk, I can smell the different flowers in bloom. Throughout these next months I will see lilacs, wild lupine, bridal veil like spirea shrubs, buttercups, Indian paintbrush, honeysuckle, Queen Anne's lace .... I love them all and will often pick wildflower bouquets to bring home and put in water in my kitchen window.
These shots are from today's walk and I captured this butterfly on a bunch of wild daisies. True picture of summer, don't ya think? Happy first day of summer to you Friends xo
Won't you join in the fun and share some of your summer favorites too? I'm linking this post at 30 Days of Summer that you can find here and here.

I'm so glad you're joining us for our 30 Day of Summer blog series, Carrie! It will be wonderful to experience more of the northwoods through your lens and writing. Ahhhh! The daisies! There was a field of wild daisies across the road from the resort we always stayed at near the Echo Trail and every year I would pick a big bouquet of them for the table in our cabin. Brings back beautiful memories! Thank you! <3
ReplyDeleteYou have such a beautiful place to walk!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful place to walk. Have a Happy weekend Carrie.
ReplyDeleteLove the butterfly on the daisies! And of course the bays is beautiful as well. I'm so glad you're joining us for the 30 Days of Summer series. Can't wait to read more of your posts!
ReplyDelete