Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Autumn Update

Hello Friends ~ 

I've sure been missing blogland and all of my visits with you. I'm still enjoying this peaceful time - processing things, getting kiddos back to school, getting projects done around the house that I've been meaning to for months, doing sympathy thank you's, volunteering, helping my FIL etc. But I'm finally ready to ease back into a more regular blogging routine. So today I thought I'd share a little bit about all things Fall going on around here. And if I get a chance I'll do a recipe post later this week and plan to be back to HHM this coming Monday. ;) I will also be coming around over the next several days to catch up with you wonderful peeps! I miss knowing what you have all been up to each week. 




One big project on my list was going through my kitchen and and cleaning out all the cabinets, getting rid of old things, reorganzing, took down the big pot rack over our island and just changing it up. Along the way I have been scrubbing everything down really well of course.  We plan to hang some pendant lights over the island now instead. This room is still a little bit of a work in progress, but for the most part all of the big cleaning and organizing is done. I will share more in the future


















I've started getting out all of my Fall decorations and it makes me so happy! It's my absolute favorite time of year and today was nice and chilly and I love it. I've been digging out my favorite sweaters and flannel shirts for the days ahead.  I love when it starts to get dark a little earlier in the evening and all the things on timers around the house start to glow. It's becoming the season when we need to add a lot more light around here 







And of course the season of favorite coffee mugs where it's all about the pumpkin spice and yankee candles to go with it (shout out to you Billie Jo) ;)







Long walks with Ruby through crunchy leaves











We did have one scary storm and some trees went down around our house. Including one giant one that blocked our driveway! You can see in the first pic my hubby between the branches. We were trapped for a while that day until we could get it moved.
















And of course I've been all about Autumnal things on pinterest including deciding which wallpapers I want on my phone. Decisions, decisions. Lol  For the record I went with the 2nd one with the vibrant colored leaves for right now. How are you enjoying all things Fall??
 XO



11 comments:

  1. Your home looks lovely with all the fall decorations. Kathleen started pulling ours out this past weekend and I will be finishing it up this week hopefully, my to do list is rather long, especially with them off Friday and Monday. Thank goodness the tree didn't land on your home! How scary! I always worry about the trees here falling on our house as we have so many. Hope your week is off to a great start!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much dearest Jill ;) I can't wait to see pics of decorating at your beautiful home too. Blessings to you xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh, Carrie - your home looks so cozy this time of year. That's what I love about fall - the coziness. A new school year is always exciting, too. Enjoy these last days of summer while they last! Hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Karen! I'm looking forward to popping by and catching up in your world too. I know you had one busy summer! Have a blessed weekend ahead xoox

      Delete
  3. I've been thinking about you, glad to see you posted! Your fall decorations look super cozy. Makes me think I need to get mine out but then, I have to clean my house first and I really don't want to do that, LOL. Glad you stayed safe during that storm with the trees falling. Hope you're having a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jean! I will come by and catch up soon. I know - that's always the hard part of decorating...the cleaning. Ugh!! Lol It was a scary storm but grateful after seeing what folks dealing with in N.C. Blessings to you xoox

      Delete
  4. I’ve been awol for a bit - back now though . Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. No matter the circumstance, the ending always seems too soon.
    You’ve inspired me to clear out my kitchevcupboards. I will start this weekend! (I hope ...)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill! It's been ages. ;) So happy to hear from you and thank you for kind condolences. Still processing but so grateful for her peace now. Good luck with cupboards! So rewarding when it's done ;) Blessings xoxo

      Delete
  5. Glad no one was hurt in that storm!
    I'm fighting getting the Fall things out, but I better get on it. Your place looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mari! Been missing you and will pop by soon!! Incredibly grateful it was only some downed trees and no real flooding or injury too. Blessings on the weekend ahead my dear xoox

      Delete
  6. So good to see you back in my mailbox. Sounds as if my Carry-on Carrie was carrying on big time.

    My brother Sonny used to love biscuits with sausage patties and pepper jelly. A little like your eggs and jam.

    I can relate to the pumpkin bars. I wonder if they're what my friend Linda calls Pumpkin Lush? I've been going through all my pumpkin recipes for my Pumpkin Patch dinner. I came up with a good pumpkin soup recipe - a little sweet, but mostly savory - and I've discovered there are dozens of pumpkin desserts. You'll see everything on my next blog post, which will probably be around October 1.

    Must get on with it. Welcome back, Dear. Love to you and yours, AP

    ReplyDelete