
Hello Dear Friends ~
Happy Monday to you. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. It was a good one here with lots of nice family time. Hubby and Annie did have hockey tryouts stuff for the summer already. Annie only has a tiny bit of hockey left for this winter season. It's gone so fast! And lots of graduation talk here for Aaron. Time just needs to slow down.
There's been lots of cozy time here too. We've had some pretty cold days in the northwoods lately. And it looks like even more bitterly cold is on it's way. Yuck! I hope you are thinking cozy thoughts for this week wherever you are....
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
Today we got a little more snow early, and now some sunshine. Only 11 above for temps. But the next couple of days are going to be absolutely frigid! 20 below tomorrow night without the windchill. That means probably in the 30's or more below zero. And Wednesday night they're saying it could be close to 30 below zero without windchill - meaning true temp in some areas could be close to 50 below zero. Warmth S.O.S. being sent - please send help!!
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING
part of a breakfast nut bar and some coconut cream coffee
RIGHT NOW I AM:
listening to classical music and Ruby is laying at me feet keeping them warm ;) Sipping orange and spice tea and I added a tiny bit of sweetener and a pinch of tumeric (it's a good natural anti-inflammatory)
AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW
sunny and bright and the snow is reflecting blinding light in through my windows
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
Love the sunbeams shining in my living room windows. The sun always brings me renewed energy - as this time of year we get a lot of dark and gray and the sun goes down so early
ON THIS WEEK'S TO DO LIST:
I think Ruby has appt but need to double check, help my Mom, run errands but not on the freezing days! Kids will probably have school canceled if it gets that cold too. Run to the post office. Annie religious ed. Volunteer time. Groceries, projects etc
CURRENTLY READING
ON THE TV TODAY:
The Resident, AGT, The Good Doctor, Outlander, The Bachelor, The Rookie, New Amsterdam, This is Us, Kids Baking Championship, Greys Anatomy, Big Brother
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY: probably leftovers
TUESDAY: breakfast burritos, fruit, stovetop hot chocolate
WEDNESDAY: rotini cheddar pasta, banana nut muffins, veg & dip
THURSDAY: hockey game - easy night (sandwiches?)
FRIDAY: chicken almondine, veggies
WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT
scrapbooks, some jewelry projects
NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:
Nothing new this week, but I will share the one pot veggie pasta I made last week as it was really yummy! (forgot to share last week but will share this week!)
TIP OF THE WEEK:

FROM THE CAMERA:
Feeling love from a special Auntie that you can find on the blog teas and t's Early Valentine in the form of all red Pioneer Woman goodies - which she knows I love so ;) Thank you again Dearest Auntie Patsy xo
I put the plates and mugs on shelves in the hutch in our dining room
Hubby took his Dad to an art auction over the weekend and picked up this painting. We love Cheng Khee Chee watercolors and have several in our home. Love that this is a painting of a local area and all the Fall colors
And got lots of cozy kitchen time lately with all the chilly outside. Dance parties while baking pumpkin chocolate chip bread. If you haven't had a kitchen dance party then you are missing out! Give it a whirl ;)
Lots of warm layered clothing and parka coats kind of looks in my wardrobe lately. Hope you bundle up this week too Friends







