Monday, March 18, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday




Happy Monday Friends 

I hope the sun is shining on you today and you have great energy for the week! We had a busy weekend as Annie has been helping out a volleyball team that needed a replacement for an injured player. So we watched our girl all day Saturday play in a tourney. Yesterday was busy cleaning, helping my Mom out and Annie had friends over all day so I was cooking for all. Lol Then last night she had hockey practice for her summer team already. My sporty girl ;) 

Sun is shining here and looks like a beautiful week so let's get to it...









THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:


Looks like a much more mild week in the northwoods - yay!















ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING

cheddar and pumpkin seed crackers with a slice of cheese and some apple slices with hazelnut coffee














RIGHT NOW I AM:

listening to Celtic music (still in the mood post St. Patty's Day) and working on my weekly calendar














AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW


Beautiful sunshine and it's so nice to see our snowbanks finally going down a bit!!














AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

Bright and cheerful in here this morning. I didn't get my Spring decorations out this past weekend due to Saturday being so occupied, but hope to start this week and finish next weekend. ;)













ON THIS WEEK'S TO DO LIST:

volunteer time, errands, MD appt, help my Mom, religious education, Annie volleyball practice, get out spring decorations, other projects - outside too





 









CURRENTLY READING

I was reading Anne's House of Dreams to a resident at the hospice house previously and she sadly passed away before we could finish, so going to read the rest of it on my own in her honor (finishing it up)













ON THE TV TODAY:

The Resident, The Good Doctor, The Rookie, New Amsterdam, This is Us, Spring baking Championship, Greys Anatomy, Will and Grace, Survivor, American Idol, miracle workers

 













ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY:  orange french toast, bacon, cantaloupe (I didn't make it last week)


TUESDAY: whole wheat sandwich wraps, tomato or chicken noodle soup


WEDNESDAY: busy night so something easy? not sure



THURSDAY: Khao soi-style wonton noodles with zucchini & peppers (BA meal)


FRIDAY: roasted red pepper pasta with roasted broccoli & parm (BA meal)














WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT

scrapbook gift for a relative, craft room

















NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

sorry I've been such a slacker here - but I hope to share some soon ;) 

I'll do a big catch up post with several recipes












TIP OF THE WEEK:



91 iron inside out












FROM THE CAMERA









Annie and I decided to spring up our hairdos. So she chopped off 3 &1/2 inches and got bangs. And I chopped off 4 inches! And added more blonde again. We're ready for Spring break soon! 






Our girl in action this weekend ;) 



this sweet memory came up on my FB recently. Just babies!! 





PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for spiritual inspirational images

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

8 comments:

  1. What a great quote! and beautiful pictures of you and Annie. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that quote, I have been seeing it a lot lately. Orange French toast sounds yummy, I didn't know that was a thing, I will have to search up a recipe and try it for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your quote - so so true!! Glad to hear you're warming up and seeing some much needed sunshine! Sorry to hear about your patient, but kudos for finishing the book on your own. I hope you enjoy it. Your haircuts are so cute. I really need to do something similar so thank you for inspiring me to make an appointment. What an adorable picture of your babies - so sweet! I hope you have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am getting out my Spring and Easter stuff this week, probably on Thursday, my day off. Ooo orange french toast, that sounds yummy! Love your pics! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carrie, Oh my, your Annie is growing up fast, very tall now. I love your new haircut, very chic for Spring. Your mild temperatures look about where it is here in the very coldest day of Winter :) I imagine you are glad to see the snow beginning to melt. I know my daughter is ready for Spring over in Canada - but her yard is still piled with snow. Have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, My Dear, those sweet little munchkin kiddos. How quickly they become teens and then blink your eyes and they're adults.

    I see that you're staying busy, as usual - Carryon Carrie. Take some time for you when you have a chance. You're important too.

    We're going to hit some 60's this week, so hopefully some warm will drift northward to you.

    Enjoy your week and don't work too hard. Much love and many hugs, AP

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so beautiful my friend :) What does the BA stand for next to some of your meals?

    Hope you're having a wonderful blessed week.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings, Carrie! As you can see, I'm running way behind this week, but, here I am! LOL! (Better late than never...right?) :D Glad your temps are warming up and that spring has finally sprung (officially, anyway). ;) I listen to Celtic music year round. It's my favorite. I especially like Celtic Woman and listen to that when doing housework. That's sweet that you are finishing the book in honor of the sweet lady that passed. I love Lucy Maud Montgomery's books and have read the entire Anne series. So good! Well, my friend, I hope that you've had a lovely week and weekend and I will most likely see you again on the morrow. Blessings! <3

    ReplyDelete