Monday, March 4, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday




Happy Monday Friends ~ 

I hope the weekend was good to you. We had a good one here and I especially had fun doing some craft and spring fun shopping with my Mumsy yesterday. It's been so nice that she's been recovering so well since her surgery back in December. She is still finishing up some therapy, but she doesn't need her walker much anymore and mainly just using a cane right now. And hopefully she will be free of all of them in the next month or so! 

Now on to the week ahead...










THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

Sunny and clear but cold and only 7 above today. We're supposed to (hopefully) be pretty clear of snow this week and get into the 20's and 30's by later in the week













ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING

Avocado toast and iced vanilla coffee












RIGHT NOW I AM:

Listening to classical music while I work on this













AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW

The sun is shining and we're finally going to stop our icicle problems! My Hubby has some of his work guys working on our roof to get all of the snow off. We had record breaking snow totals for our area in February. Ugh!













AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

Sunny and tidy. Still have wintery decorations out, but planning to get motivated in next couple weeks to do spring cleaning and get out easter decorations













ON THIS WEEK'S TO DO LIST:

Usual errands, groceries later in the week, take my Mom to another appt, Annie's hockey banquet, Aaron get packed and ready to visit his new college, Ash Wednesday mass, Ruby follow up appt from her ear issues, cleaning and home projects




 









CURRENTLY READING

between books right now - mainly magazines










ON THE TV TODAY:

The Resident, The Good Doctor, The Rookie, New Amsterdam, This is Us, Kids Baking Championship, Greys Anatomy, Will and Grace, Gold Rush, Survivor, sometimes the Voice, and watched The Masked Singer that just ended. That was a fun show! I only guessed 2 of them right ;) 

 













ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY:  BLT's, side salads, fruit


TUESDAY: penne pasta, garlic bread, veggies


WEDNESDAY: mass night - something easy (& no meat)



THURSDAY: Annie's hockey banquet at school



FRIDAY: Annie's BBQ chicken pasta bake, salad 


**going to simmer a fun slow cooker cider over the weekend - as I found a recipe where you take a gallon of apple cider, add cinnamon sticks and then after cooking a while throw in a small box of any flavor gelatin you'd like to add and let simmer a little longer. So may throw in strawberry or cherry? A fun spiced berry apple cider. ;)  My kids love cider and once I make it I keep it in a big pitcher in the fridge and they can pour a mug and microwave some anytime they need something cozy













WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT

scrapbook gift for a relative (& organizing projects)

















NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

I will share new recipes from last week and I will share Annie's pasta bake in the future too












TIP OF THE WEEK:










FROM THE CAMERA



Annie had to come up with a hybrid critter for school. I love how her mind works. She came up with a "mouseulent" - a cross between a mouse and a succulent. Feel free to read its features above. ;) 








I wanted in on the markers and doodling so I added to Annie's book a bit.  Lol





I enjoy filters way too much and like how they feed my moods. Yes, I am a dork








Love these 2 goof balls so much - my baby Girls xoxo






PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Image result for being a mom inspirational quotes


Image result for ash wednesday inspirational

Image result for ash wednesday inspirational



I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

16 comments:

  1. Your child makes beautiful drawings. The cider recipe loks really good. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love that quote, so appropriate! And the mouseulent is neat, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katy! Appreciate you stopping by. Blessings on your week xo

      Delete
  3. Cute pic of you and of Annie too!
    I like her mouseulent!
    Your cider sounds good too.
    I just heard abut the Masked Singer - a little late!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! Maybe you can catch up on masked singer on demand. It was a hoot. Xoxo

      Delete
  4. I ABSOLUTELY love that picture of you (filter or not) - it is so beautiful! Annie's hybrid is adorable and the 2 of you are adorable together - glad you got in on the doodling! Glad your mom is mending so well - continued prayers for her progress. I made that cider over the holidays using cranberries and everyone loved it! I hope you enjoy it! Have a WONDERFUL week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tamy dearest! You’re such a sweetheart. Your compliments make me smile (& blush). It has been SO wonderful watching my mom improve. Thx for the prayers!! Xoxo

      Delete
  5. You are gorgeous, sweet friend!
    And we loved the Masked Singer!!!
    I totally could tell Donny Osmond from the start!!!!!
    Have a great week in your beautiful woods. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind Billie Jo! Filters do wonders and are too fun. Donny was one of the ones I knew too! I actually guessed tori spelling too. Lol Thst was a fun show. Blessings dear Friend xoxo

      Delete
  6. Love the mood pic!! I too love filters... I am such a dork with the snapchat, they have some great filters there! Love all the drawings!! I am getting ready to get out all my Easter decor too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodi! I think my daughter is happy I’ve stayed out of Snapchat. Lol. Instagram is enough for her to handle. I am SO ready for all things spring and have been accumulating some new fun goodies. Hoping to get all decorations out soon. Blessings Hon xo

      Delete
  7. Put those winter decorations away! Hurry! Maybe it'll make spring arrive ;) Says your friend with winter decor sitting on the kitchen table (just because I've been too lazy to carry it down to the basement). Love Annie's hybrid and I did spend some time reading the captions. Cute. G just accepted the admission offer to his college choice, seems so surreal doesn't it? Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! I think you could be into something about putting all things winter away. I need to will Spring into existence. Lol!
      I thought Annie was pretty creative with her hybrid too. ;). Have a great weekend ahead Sweetie xoxo

      Delete
  8. Hellow My Darling Girl - loved the photos this week. You look like a glamour queen from the 1940's movies. Ruby looks so sweet as she takes her nap, and Also Annie always has that angelic, pure look. There's a photo on your Facebook page where she's holding a chicken, and the way the light is focused, she looks like a painting of the Madonna with Child. I hope Jesus will forgive me for this comparison, but hey! I love chickens, too.

    Having printer problems, so Grrrrrr..... I'm burying myself in Richard Simmons autobiography, and it's one of the most delightful books I've ever read. I've always loved his energy and enthusiasm, but there's a lot more under that sunny exterior. A great guy.

    Still brrrrrr here, too. Should start to warm up tomorrow. I hope so. I need to work in the garage. Hoping Mother Nature would get the hint, I put my spring wreath on the door yesterday.

    Love to you My Sweet Darlings, AP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dearest AP!
      You are too sweet with the compliments & the one about Annie & the chicken literally made me Lol!!
      I love reading autobiographies. I bet Richard Simmons one would actually be cool. Hope your printer issue is fixed soon.
      I do need to get my decorations out & WILL spring to get here. Blessings Lovie. Xoxo

      Delete