
Hello Friends ~
Happy Monday to you. I have a busy morning ahead so will make this a quick hello. Hope you had a lovely weekend. It was a nice one here...even though it rained and was cold. Some areas around us even got some snow! (aahhh!! nothing worse than snow in May). I am still thinking summer thoughts and planting of flowers and I've been excited to see my bleeding hearts start to come up and some tulips out around town. Spring is still here! I even shared some fun grilling recipes and summer thoughts in a post over the weekend. I feel energized to share more posts than just HHM each week - so please pop by again 😊
This weekend I also had fun going out with a girlfriend for dinner and catch up. And Saturday my girl had a friend sleep over and we went to church together and then out for sushi ;) Fun weekend and now on to the week ahead.
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING
jelly toast and some vanilla iced coffee, yogurt
RIGHT NOW I AM:
working on my planner while getting ready to head out for the day and working on this post - multi tasking at it's best 😉
AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW
I see the sun shining bright and looking forward to a much warmer day ahead than it was this weekend
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
Pretty tidy overall. Still scrapbooking things spread out in my dining room. Need to put away and make space to make out my sweet boy's graduation announcements 💜 Some dishes to load but overall pretty tidy and sunny and bright
ON THIS WEEK'S TO DO LIST:
Ruby's vet appointment that got rescheduled, Ruby haircut this week, my haircut too (not by groomer - Lol), help my Mom, bring meal to FIL, Annie's golf and hockey, go out with my Dad and step Mom back from AZ for belated mother's day and Annie's bday, run errands - groceries etc, volunteer time
CURRENTLY READING
ON THE TV TODAY:
Game of Thrones, Call the Midwife, Grantchester, Spring Baking Championship, the Resident, New Amsterdam, American Housewife, the Rookie, Survivor, Little People Big World, Greys
Anatomy, Trading Spaces, cooking shows, The Spanish Princess, The Bachlorette
Anatomy, Trading Spaces, cooking shows, The Spanish Princess, The Bachlorette
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY: veggie lo mein didn't have last week
TUESDAY: out to dinner
WEDNESDAY: spaghetti hot dish, garden salad
THURSDAY: honey BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts slaw with apples and almonds (BA meal)
FRIDAY: greek style feta burgers with tzatziki sauce and oregano potatoes (BA meal)
WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT
scrapbooking things, spring cleaning projects
NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:
??
TIP OF THE WEEK:

FROM THE CAMERA
PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
even though it was cold and rainy outside it was cozy inside this weekend - baking of banana bread with chocolate and butterscotch chips of course 😋
And I sent this pic to a friend showing her I was a sassy rebel still wearing shorts even though the outside was telling me it felt more like winter. My rebelliousness worked because Mother Nature has her act together this beautiful day ☀️
Ate too much yummy food this weekend - sushi and a yummy sweet and spicy chicken BA meal
PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.








Carrie, you always make my mouth water with your food pics, goodness hahaha You look adorable in your shorts :)
ReplyDeleteWhat is with the cold weather, and snow??? That's just a big NO for May lol
I really, really hope you have a beautiful blessed week, my friend. Praying for you still through everything. *hugs*
Seems like you had a great week and a busy one ahead! lovely pictures. Have a great week
ReplyDeleteLook at you in that cute short outfit!! I am drooling over the banana bread pic! And that view of the water, breath taking! Have a great Monday and week!
ReplyDeleteI've been reading a book called Abraham Lincoln in the Kitchen by Rae Katherine Eighmey. In the introduction, she talks about something she found in a book by Rufus Wilson's book, Lincoln Among His Friends: Phillip Wheelock Ayers, whose family lived three doors down from the Lincolns' Springfield home, described how Abraham Lincoln walked the few blocks home from his law office, put on a blue apron, and helped Mary Lincoln make dinner for their boys.
ReplyDeleteI'm wondering if the Blue Apron dinners people chose their name after reading this also. Must research it. Inquiring minds want to know.
Keep wearing those shorts - a form of positive thinking, right? Besides, you look mighty cute in them.
Sounds as if you have a busy week, but what else is new? That's why we call you Carry-on Carrie. Love you, Dear Child, AP
what did you think of Survivor winner? I wanted Devens.. but still happy with the winner I guess. LOVe the midwife this season, well all of them. LeeAnna at not afraid of color
ReplyDeleteLOVE your inspiration - too cute and it goes so well with your shorts picture! Sounds like a super busy week before the holiday weekend. I hope you have a FANTASTIC week and holiday my friend. I'll be back to a regular schedule next week.
ReplyDeleteKeep wearing those shorts! We need spring/summer weather for May, heard it snowed up that way. Good luck with your graduation announcements, felt like it took me forever to get them done. And now, I still need to clean up my mess. Hope you are having a wonderful week!
ReplyDelete