Monday, May 6, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday



Happy Monday Friends 

I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I wanted to take a minute to make kind of an announcement I guess. I don't typically share deeply personal things on here. I like to keep this blog as a place of light and joy for myself. And to preserve some memories here too. As well as to connect with such wonderful friends of course ;)  But I feel it's time to share this. My husband and I have been separated for about 6 months now and we will be getting a divorce. There have been issues for several years and we truly fought the good fight to try to save things, but it's going to now be healthier for our whole family for us to move on. I'm a person who chooses to live in forgiveness and light and so we have a positive relationship and still get along well. Our kids are our priority and I think that's why they are still thriving and doing so well too. 

I think I was hesitant to share, also, because so much of my connection with many of you has been through these Mondays - being all about a happy homemaker...which has meant being a wife too.  It's so incredibly hard for me to lose that title. And especially from someone that had been my best friend for over 30 years (we'd been together since we were 16 years old). But God is good and fills my heart with His love and grace. I feel reassured and so positive about the next chapter of my life. I will be keeping this house as it brings me such peace and joy. I'm so grateful for that. I choose to look back on all of our years with such gratitude. It was real and beautiful and I am blessed. So I wanted to share as there will obviously be changes in my life as time goes on and will want to share those with all of you too. ;) Thank you in advance for any prayers for our family and for the kindness and friendship you have shown me always. I'm so grateful for all of you as well!  

Okay - on to this past weekend. We had some lovely weather so I got lots of outdoor time in around my beautiful northwoods. I dug up all the old weeds and leaves covering my lilies trying to sprout up. I went out with a friend for dinner to catch up. And had a fun Cinco de Mayo dinner with my Mom last night. And played cards with her and Aaron. Adam and Annie were gone for her hockey tourney and their team took 3rd place. Yay! ;)  Now on to the week ahead...











THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING

 apricot danish, apple, toasted pecan coffee with vanilla cream


















RIGHT NOW I AM:

Relaxing with my feet up while I listen to classical music. Sitting next to my big windows looking out at the sun sparkling on the bay. The same bunny comes into the yard to nibble each day - watching him too. Soaking in gratitude of this peaceful beautiful place I call home 



















AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW


Enjoying the view ;) 













AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

It's clean and bright. I have been working away this morning with the usual chores. Need to tackle more outside jobs and want to do a bit more vacuuming 















ON THIS WEEK'S TO DO LIST:

Still spring cleaning house projects to accomplish. Help my Mom. Groceries, errands, and bring FIL meal. Errands related to mother's day and this weekend is also Annie's birthday. Annie has hockey and golf practices.  My hospice volunteer time. The kids are both in a pops concert at school so will go watch that too. Ruby has a vet check up. More workout time - I have been working hard at it every week. And I have a new workout to try called piyo (pilates and yoga combined) Looking forward to it. I've been sore each week but hurts in a good way!


 














CURRENTLY READING

Still on a magazine kick these days













ON THE TV TODAY:

Game of Thrones, Call the Midwife, Grantchester, Spring Baking Championship, the Resident, New Amsterdam, American Housewife, the Rookie, Survivor, Little People Big World, Greys 
Anatomy, Trading Spaces, cooking shows

 













ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY:  Chicken tenders, onion rings and veggies & dip


TUESDAY: not sure - easy meal? (kids concert)


WEDNESDAY: cajun spiced steaks and biscuits with maple butter and broccoli with almonds (BA meal)


THURSDAY: pork chorizo tacos with radishes and roasted potatoes & cotija cheese (BA meal)


FRIDAY: one pot veggie spaghetti, garlic toast












WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT

scrapbook gift for a relative, craft room

















NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

Annie is asking for a chocolate orange cake for her bday. She loves those flavors together. So I think I'm going to make a homemade chocolate cake with an orange curd filling. And frost it with homemade chocolate buttercream and top it with chocolate dip mandarin slices. It will be all new so wish me luck! 














TIP OF THE WEEK:


CLEAN YOUR BATHTUB WITH GRAPEFRUIT.

Ditch the harsh, expensive chemicals and embrace a more organic way to clean your tub. First, turn the water on and get your tub wet from end to end. Then, simply cut a grapefruit in half, sprinkle a generous amount of salt on the exposed fruit, and begin scrubbing.
The combination of the citrus fruit and salt removes soap stains and other assorted messes while leaving a pleasant smell behind. The same technique can be used on sinks, faucets, and fixtures as well. If you’re looking to switch to easier, more natural cleaning solutions, the grapefruit is a safe bet.











FROM THE CAMERA



My sporty Gal ;) Her 3rd place hockey tourney trophy and her golf picture from school this Spring





Got some heavenly walks in with Ruby this weekend. On Saturday it was 70* in the northwoods!! 



It will be time to get the dock and pontoon in soon ;) 



Went to the bottom of the stairs to get a full bay shot. Things not in bloom yet, but soon








Did lots of digging this past weekend - threw on my sun hat, suncreen and went to work. Make up free selfie - yikes! The cleaned up version after is much better ;) 






Made my blue apron meal last night and Aaron was gone with his GF and Annie still not home from tourney so shared it with my Mom. We both agreed it was so good and it was perfect for Cinco de Mayo! It was a chicken quesadilla smothered in tomatillo cream sauce and jalapeno carrot slaw on the side. Yum




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for pain makes us stronger inspirational post

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

22 comments:

  1. Many hugs to you, my friend! I know you have a terrific support system up there but you also have a friend down here in Missouri, feel free to call/text if you still have my number and ever need someone to listen OR want to visit ;) I really did think the make up free selfie was your daughter at first glance. Hope you have an amazing week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much dear Jean! I do still have your number and appreciate that more than I can say. ;) Blessings xoxo

      Delete
  2. So good to see you here, my friend. Many hugs and prayers being sent your way, dear. You are so very beautiful, inside and out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to have you back Joanna! Thank you and I feel the prayers and they help so much!! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hugs and prayers to you and your family. Good to hear that you and he will still remain friends. That cake sounds amazing! Love all your photos! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry - hugs and prayers for all of you. Good for you both for keeping things positive for the sake of the kids. It's better for you too.

    Your quesadilla's look so good!
    Love the views and sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mari - need all the prayers I can get. They help so much xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hugs and love, my beautiful, sweet friend.
    Good for you for knowing the right path and taking it with class and strength.
    I will pray for you that God holds you up as you move toward this next chapter in your life. You got this, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Billie Jo. God is good and fills me with grace to handle it all the best that I'm able. Appreciate the love and support! xo

      Delete
  6. I'm more of a newbie but I'm praying so hard for you and your family! I know that change is hard, and that kind of change is heartbreaking even if its for the best. Know that you are in my prayers! i hope that you enjoy Piyo, I've heard amazing things about that workout, and this is a good time to take care of you and do special things that make you happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Stacy. I appreciate the support so much! It has been a difficult journey but God is so good and I choose to learn and grow everyday.

      Just starting to get into the piyo - hard but good!! Blessings xo

      Delete
  7. So sad to hear your news. 30 years is a very long time, and you are in my prayers for your future. It takes courage to make this decision, and I wish you happiness and contentment in your life. Glad you are staying in your home too, such a beautiful place. xxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trish. The prayers are so welcomed and I feel them ;) Sometimes it's still surreal to me after so many years together. Not how I would ever have chosen my path. But living in grace and we'll all be ok. Blessings xo

      Delete
  8. My Darling Carrie,
    You chose the perfect words. Your kind, loving, forgiving heart and your faith in God will bring your entire family a new and worthwhile future.

    Your have been the anchor and the guiding force in your family and will continue to be. This is not an end, but a detour. Your family will continue, but with changes. With the foundations you and Adam have built for your children and will continue maintaining, you and they will continue to flourish and support each other.

    Praying for you and yours, AP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all your support through all of these months dearest AP! You have been such a tremendous support and such a source of joy and wisdom and I could never thank you enough!! I know we'll all be okay.
      Much love to you xoxo

      Delete
  9. Oh Carrie, I'm so sorry my sweet friend. This can't be easy and I won't even presume to understand what you're going through, but your positive attitude and outlook is sure to make the process easier.

    I'm sorry you felt that you couldn't share because you felt that it would make you less of a homemaker or diminish anything in any way. Yes we may have come together through a Happy Homemaker post, but being a homemaker and a wife encompasses so much more than that, and life is definitely full of ups and downs, good and bad. I hope you never feel that you can't share with us again, we are all friends here, we are all women and we will continue to support you and pray for you, no matter what is going on around you.

    I'm praying for you and your husband, as well as your children. You're such a strong woman, Carrie!!!

    Huge hugs all the way from Texas,
    Sandra
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Sandra - thank you so much for the kind words. They well me up and go right to my heart. I think deep down I knew those things, but to hear them helps tremendously. I feel so blessed to have found such wonderful friends and women of such wisdom and strength to me through blogging. Such a beautiful community of support. And especially through your wonderful HHM - so thank you for still hosting it all these years! Blessings to you xoxo

      Delete
  10. Hugs and prayers over you and your family here. Glad to see that spring is finally springing in the north land! Love the grapefruit idea and the quesadillas look amazing! Blessings for a great rest of the week and weekend ahead and thoughts, prayers, and (((hugs))) being sent your way at every turn! xoxoxoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca - I feel each and every prayer and it gives me such strength! I am blessed to have such beautiful friends in blogland.
      Blessings on your week too xo

      Delete
  11. ((hugs)) to you and the whole family - glad things your attitudes are good except of all negatives - will make it much easier on everyone. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed reading your post, even if I am late. Hope you had a WONDERFUL week - so sorry I'm running late - just glad I'm making it at all - being on vacation puts a crimp in my favorite blog time.

    ReplyDelete