Monday, July 1, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday



Hello Friends!

Happy Monday! True to form I found it a day I wasn't home. But I earned the fun day out after all the hard work that was done this past weekend. Aaron didn't really want a grad party - but we had a gathering over here yesterday with some family and close family friends and some of his friends. So Saturday was spent cleaning and prepping food etc. We even got the pontoon in this past weekend too! Yay! So FYI this will be a photo heavy post. 😉 But Annie and I ran around today and went to the movie Yesterday (because duh Ed Sheeran is in it!) and that's why I wasn't able to do this post earlier. The movie was really good, even besides the Ed part...although he did a great job too. Lol It's a very fun summer movie and if you like the Beatles music you'll love it. 

Please know how much I appreciate your visits each week!! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are ready for a great week ahead...



















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:






































ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING


toast with veggie cream cheese and everything but the bagel seasoning, fruit, vanilla iced coffee




















RIGHT NOW I AM:

watching the evening news while I work on this




















AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW

nice and sunny - warm, a perfect summer day

















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE



Still some of the grad party decorations around but everything cleaned up from the party already. 



















ON THIS WEEK'S TO DO LIST:

No hockey for Annie this week, but she does have some volleyball, errands for July 4th plans over here, bring FIL a meal, my hospice volunteering and helping out extra some Sundays too because they need the help, I need to go through my closet and clear out old clothing and organize!! 




 
















CURRENTLY READING

??

















ON THE TV TODAY:

Bachelorette,  America's Got Talent,  Big Brother, HGTV shows, cooking shows 






 













ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY:  leftovers


TUESDAY: breakfast for dinner


WEDNESDAY: no BA meals this week so maybe something easy?


THURSDAY: July 4th menu: I'm making burgers on the grill, slow cooker BBQ ribs, corn on the cob, chips, deli salads I'll pick up and homemade twix bars. My friend and her family are coming over and she's bringing fruit and a dessert also



FRIDAY: leftovers from the 4th 


















WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT

I will share a post this week with some of my cousin's album I made for her... 

















NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:


I may try do a fun post with some July 4th and grilling ideas from pinterest 















TIP OF THE WEEK:


















FROM THE CAMERA

Boys hard at work getting the place cleaned up








Had fun decorating and used a guitar case to hold fun pics and for people to put their cards since my Aaron is going to college for a music production based career






I even strung some battery lights in it which turned out to be good because it was a bit rainy and overcast a lot of yesterday during his party









found lots of other fun spots to put photos














after a long day of cleaning and prepping Aaron took Ruby and I out for a pontoon ride. When we got back there was the most beautiful sunset 🌅 




The day of the party I did take some ideas from pinterest and wrapped silverware in napkins diploma style 😉 







sandwich fixings, fruit, pasta salad


slow cooker shredded BBQ chicken (thanks for the best recipe Billie Jo - I use it all the time!) 😊  





strawberry lemonade, sodas, iced tea, and a lemon water station


variety of chips, bowls of pickles, and veggie tray


 bakery cupcakes and a "1 smart cookie" dessert area (thanks again pinterest) Lol 




Aaron's girlfriend and one of his best buds came early and helped us set up ❤️ 















Family, friends, fun - what life is all about








PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Image result for july 4th inspirational quote

Wishing all my U.S. friends a blessed July 4th. I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

7 comments:

  1. You have been one busy lady! Your outside pics are gorgeous. The party looks so fun and you did a great job decorating. I know you had fun looking at all the pics of Aaron.
    Your menu for Thursday sounds good - and speaking of menu's, I think you need to share the BBQ chicken recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos hanging on your mantle is such a great idea! All the food looks delicious. Love the smart cookie sign :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore ALL the photos - and the photos in the photos are really GREAT!! Congratulations Aaron!!! Carrie you did a FANTASTIC job at the decorating and food! Looks like everyone had a GREAT time. I love Ruby on the boat - so cute!

    Who knew I already followed that life hack? That's EXACTLY where we always try to sit!

    Have a safe a FUN 4th of July! Happy rest of the week too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautifully prepared party, Carrie. You can come and do my party prep anytime! Congratulations Aaron, and best wishes for the future. What clever arrangements of photos too. Loving the cookie stack! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the use of the guitar case, clever!! I may steal this idea when I get ready to redo/spruce up the hubs man cave with all his guitars, amps and what nots!! Love all the pic, glad you all had a great time!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lovely home. Love the decorations - I love seeing your week in pictures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings, Carrie! As you can see, I'm running waaaaay behind this week! Enjoyed your post and your photos are lovely! Looks like you all had a great party! You should be a professional party prepper! Everything is absolutely beautiful! Hope you all had a great 4th of July! I will see you again tomorrow! Blessings! <3

    ReplyDelete