Monday, August 12, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday



Hello and Happy Monday Friends!

I hope you're having a wonderful start to your week. 😊 I feel like a broken record over here - but it was quite a past week. I'm so sorry I didn't get around to visit. It's going to be another crazy one this week but I will get around and say hi. This past week had several of my Dad's side of the family come over to see Aaron before he leaves (my Dad and step Mom included). We had dinner, pontoon ride and played games. This past week also saw appointments, a girlfriend visiting from out of town, home projects, more preparation for Aaron leaving for college in a week, celebrated his bday early due to his leaving, and sadly I broke up with the guy I was seeing for the past few months. I'll just say it wasn't meant to be. But we parted ways as friends and I'm grateful that I feel far less afraid of the dating game than I did. This whole journey has been so intimidating after being with the same guy since I was 16 years old. I enjoy my own company and I still feel like a "happy homemaker" in many ways. But I do want to find someone to share a home with again. I have a lot yet to give ❤️ I leave it all, as in all things, in God's hands. Although, any prayers of support for the "right one" are definitely welcome from you dear Friends of faith that visit me often 😉 

But just wanted to give you an idea of the crazy my life has been here lately. Moving forward and marching into a new week...
















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:













































ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING


1/2 an onion bagel, fruit, iced coffee



















RIGHT NOW I AM:

listening to music and looking at my planner as I work on this. Having a little bit of cubed cheese as a snack and sneaking some to Ruby
🐶 💕 


















AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW

Kind of cloudy but sun peaks out now and then. Think it might rain tonight. Aaron is running around with his girlfriend today to spend time with her and get some errands accomplished. But when he gets home he's going to cut the grass  - thank goodness. Because as I look out the window I keep thinking that it needs to get mowed! Lol




















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

Pretty tidy overall. Did all of my usual chores this morning before my workout


















ON THIS WEEK'S TO DO LIST:

Annie starts seasonal volleyball, shopping trips and lunch out with family, family friends coming over one night this week to spend more time with Aaron, company coming to measure a window in 
Annie's bedroom that needs replacing, more packing up getting Aaron ready to move, help my Mom, hospice volunteering, other yard work, home projects



 
















CURRENTLY READING

Just going to start on Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane next

















ON THE TV TODAY:

America's Got Talent,  Big Brother,  Grantchester, Hollywood game night, HGTV shows, Kids Baking Championship, some movies taped right now, cooking shows taped





 













ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY:  baked potato bar, salad


TUESDAY: grilled sandwiches, fruit, chips


WEDNESDAY: out with friends


THURSDAY: Thai chicken lettuce wraps with rice and marinated snap peas (BA meal)



FRIDAY: smoked gouda & onion burgers with corn on the cob (BA meal)

















WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT

Working on a little scrapbook type book for Aaron before he goes off to college. Finally got my closet complete now starting on craft room, another project that I'll share in the future too! 😉 
















NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

If I get another post in I'll post the homemade chocolate mayo cake I made for Aaron's early birthday with homemade buttercream frosting (see pics below)














TIP OF THE WEEK:




😉 This is what I did my very first date with someone after so many years never dating...and it was very nice and definitely helped my nerves. Lol But I imagine it would work for many scenarios 















FROM THE CAMERA








My Dad, step Mom, Aunt and Uncle all came on pontoon ride - Aaron hates his photo taken so none of him. But of course Ruby would never miss a pontoon ride! And Annie took a turn driving. She's 13 and all attitude. Sigh 😂 







Later summer means it's not so hot so lots of wonderful walks with my Ruby on the beautiful bay




And the lilies are out around my deck in abundance!! ❤️ 





even got in some swimming with my kiddos - I'm treasuring every moment with Aaron while I can




VERY subtle Fall touches starting to show up around here - a few flowers here and maybe an Autumn candle there. Not ready to give up summer yet, but a few Fall touches never hurt right??




Homemade chocolate mayo cake and chocolate buttercream frosting for Aaron's early bday cake. He loves to camp and I found these adorable cake toppers so I decorated up the cake accordingly with green sugar grass, blue sugar stream etc...







The tent even lit up with a camper silhouette inside 😋 


Happy Monday selfie to you! ❤️ 




PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for trust in gods hands inspirational quote

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.




9 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo of you, my friend! Perfect quote for the week. That cake is looks great, by the way. Love the light up tent. You sound super busy over there. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your pics, and that cake... you did an awesome job on it!! Gorgeous selfie! Have a great Monday/week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo of you! And your lake shots are so pretty too.
    The cake turned out great! I like the walking idea - it makes sense.
    Sorry the guy didn't work, but as you say it will be easier now, and it's great you parted as friends. Better to take it slow and make sure it's the right one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Carrie-On talent came shining through with that delightful cake. I'll bet your baby boy acted like a baby boy when he saw it. They look like men on the outside, but that little boy still lurks within, and especially when cake is involved.

    What a perfect time for a pontoon ride. We were under a heat advisory today, but I HAD to go for groceries. I was reduced to eating tuna salad on a hamburger bun last night, so shopping was a MUST.

    Got your photos in the mail today. Something to take your mind off losing your first-born to the adult world.

    So happy you had a taste of the dating world. Sort of like buying a new dress. You have to keep trying them on until you find the one that fits, and one which complements you.

    Be sure to make time for a little R & R. You deserve it.

    Lovely photo, Dear One. Have you lost weight? Sending love and hugs, AP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely selfie photo of you Carrie, looking fabulous. Goodness, you are so busy, and of course making the most of time with Aaron. You will miss him so much! The cake is great, what wonderful cake toppers you have over there - I always go through the stores when I visit my daughter in Ottawa and come home with lots of these little items. Not long now and we will be winging our way over the ocean again :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cake! Hope Aaron's move goes well. I love the quote so true. Sending positive thoughts for you meeting the 'right' someone.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where to start? I LOVED your post this week especially. The cake for Aaron's birthday is absolutely gorgeous!!! Looks like Annie has done some serious maturing this summer, her face and the longer hair make her look so grown up. I also think you'll love that Blue Apron meal tonight. I made it quite awhile back and it was a BIG hit. Your inspiration ties in so much with your opening paragraph too. Being able to sit back and allow God's hand to direct us is always best - seriously reminds me of my late aunt's favorite adage - "Man plans, God laughs"! I hope things are going well with getting Aaron ready for college - what an exciting time for him. And as long as you have family, you'll ALWAYS be a homemaker no matter your marital status! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As you can see, Carrie, you're not the only one running late this week. :) I love the cake!!! Not only the way you decorated it, but, my Aunt Irene used to make mayonnaise cakes and they are so good! She would make several up and put them in the freezer when she knew we were coming for a visit. She already have them iced and she'd put those little colored candy disks on top. Your cake is making me hungry for one! Hope your week has gone well and that your weekend is off to a great start! Blessings! <3

    ReplyDelete