Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday



Happy Tuesday my Friends ~

I hope my friends that celebrated Labor Day had a wonderful holiday weekend. We had a great one here as Annie and I stayed at a cabin about an hour away that my relatives rented (my Dad's side). We didn't get back until yesterday. But I figured I'd still post today. Over the weekend we were able to catch up with relatives near and far. Played in the lake and even some canoeing and kayaking. Played lots of games. Ate great food. Had lots of laughs. Even some nice relaxation time. I took a lot of pics of the place so be forewarned this post is heavy with photos! 😉 

A few not fun parts: I continue to worry about hurricane Dorian with Aaron being in Florida now for school. So please keep all the folks down in the southeast in your prayers. Also I tripped over Annie's hoverboard the morning of the trip and hurt my toe. It really swelled up. Turned all black and blue by the 2nd day at the cabin. I'm including a recent pic of it below where it looks a lot better than it did. It feels better now too. But I didn't let it slow me down over the weekend. My team still won bocce ball and a game of ladder ball too. 😊 I just iced it and took some pain meds and I was fine. Having a glass of sangria here and there over the weekend didn't hurt either. Lol! 

A lot of kiddos begin school today. But Annie started school last week and I have a pic from her first day below too. Today I'm catching up on life around here and helping my Mom with her laundry etc. Jumping into the rest of the week....














THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:




































ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING

1/2 of a breakfast croissant, fruit, hot tea




















RIGHT NOW I AM:

Listening to praise and worship music and working on my planner for the week. Also working on a grocery list















AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW

Gray and rainy day.  The sun came out for a little while, but clouds rolled in again. It's windier now and I think it will rain again

















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

I need to pick up a few things Annie left out from the trip but overall pretty tidy. I see Annie's hoverboard over in the corner and wondering how much muscle it would take to throw it in the bay. Lol! 😂 

















ON THIS WEEK'S TO DO LIST:

groceries, errands, help Mom, meal to FIL, Annies volleyball practices and 2 games this week, my car in the shop, volunteer time, home projects



 















CURRENTLY READING

Still reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society 















ON THE TV TODAY:

America's Got Talent,  Big Brother, Flip or Flop, HGTV shows, Kids Baking Championship, some movies taped right now, cooking shows taped. And I finally got netflix people! It's a dangerous thing. I have a big list on there. Right now I've been watching Anne with an "E"





 












ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY: we grabbed subway on our way back into town yesterday


TUESDAY: pesto pasta, cheesy toast, spinach salad


WEDNESDAY: probably out for dinner with relatives


THURSDAY: eggs, toast, breakfast potatoes, fruit 


FRIDAY: brown sugar chili with fixings, cornbread muffins, garden green beans















WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT

Still working on finishing my Grandpa's WWII heritage scrapbook and my Mom's family heritage scrapbook

















NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:

I plan to share the sour cream banana bread post on Thursday finally! 🍌 💜 














TIP OF THE WEEK:

how to move clothes easily

How to easily transport hanging clothes when moving

**(from the site 55 most useful life hacks)













FROM THE CAMERA


Feeling very Fallish these days and here was Annie's first day of school pic from last week. My big 8th grader





My poor injured toe. This is actually a pic of it looking much better and healing up. It was even uglier believe it or not






Below are some pics of the beautiful air b&b, on a lake in the WI northwoods, my family rented this past weekend. It had 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Some folks stayed at hotels but Annie and I got to stay here for the long weekend 😊 





It had a cute playhouse that matched the house and my cousin with little kiddos loved it 




It had an amazing and huge kitchen with lots of seating










one of the afternoons it even got a little bit rainy and chilly and we had a fire 🔥 




It had a lovely screened porch 




all of the bedrooms had the sweetest bedding and decor and even vintage furniture - I took some pics of a couple of them




At the top of the stairs was this cute little nook with been bags and the little kids loved looking down into the kitchen at us from here 



this bedroom had the prettiest vaulted sealing with beams




And had the sweetest vintage kids things: a rocker with teddys, kiddo night light, kids toys and old radio on the dresser and vintage kids skis under a print on the wall



I took pics of this one the day we were leaving and stripping the bed for the cleaners to come after we left. But I loved it's big built-ins with the window seat in between. The upstairs bedrooms had huge windows






even the bathrooms had charm and each had an outhouse nightlight like this - I thought they were so cute



This was in the upstairs bathroom and I love how they took a vintage dresser and put a sink in it 



And I loved the twig frames on several pieces of artwork



The back of the house that faced the lake was just as charming. It had a big yard, picnic tables, a grill, a fire pit with lots of chairs and even a big wood swing to sit and look at the lake








 Views from the dock





I took some pics of my Dad and siblings that were there. My special Uncle Don I've talked about is in the bottom middle sitting. My Dad is top right with the gray whiskers (my kids grew up calling him Grandpa Whiskers). My Dad is one of 9. One brother wasn't there as he lives in Hawaii. And one sister is resting in heaven due to cancer. 



It was such a great weekend that went all too fast. You can see Annie in this pic on the right in navy blue t-shirt and shorts (laughing) ❤️ 








PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:
Image result for the gift of family inspirational quote

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

3 comments:

  1. That house looks amazing! What a neat place to relax and spend with family. Sorry about your toe, glad it wasn't broken. Prayers the hurricane weakens and doesn't hit the coast especially not anywhere near your son. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I am overwhelmed looking at that house. It's just gorgeous and such a pretty view too.
    Your poor toe! It hurts looking at it.
    Annie is so cute and growing up!
    Praying for Florida. It sounds like it's not coming as close as they expected so that's good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely weekend, but oh, your poor toe. If I were there, I'd kiss it and make it well and make you some chicken soup. Your baby girl is looking so grown up. What a delight she must be for you and her papa. I finally put together a blog post today, and believe me, I could use some of your cool temperatures - a few more weeds to go. Got your sweet note - sorry I don't have anymore of those notecards, but might dig up something you'll like. Not sure what I have left. We'll see. Love and hugs to my Special Girls, AP

    ReplyDelete