Hello and Happy Monday Friends ~
I hope you're having a great start to your week and that you had a lovely weekend. It was a very nice one here. Annie had a friend stay over and we went out for sushi and had some fun hitting around the volleyball and hanging out. My Mom came for dinner one night too and we played games. Ad came over and helped to take down the big swimming pool and hung out a bit. So some good jobs done and nice family time.
I realized that I hadn't gotten around to visit you friends last week. And that I had forgotten to post the banana bread recipe (although I did post the mayo cake one). Last week I was feeling a bit more of my sadness settling in about Aaron being gone and more quiet around the house. Just changes in general and I know it's just the way life goes on. But I think I kind of needed a break from the computer and social media more too. I finally have netflix and may have done a bit of binge watching as well. I think it was just what I needed last week.
But I'm feeling much better this week and I will be posting the sour cream banana bread recipe (really yummy) 🍌 😋 And I will also come around to visit my blogland neighbors and say hello!
**also a little update: my toe is healing well and I've even been able to be back to working out. And hurricane Dorian never really hit much of FL - so thank you for the prayers. Aaron wasn't affected at all. But I have prayed so much for the folks that were hit, especially in the Bahamas 🙏
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING
small bowl of cinnamon cheerios oat crunch cereal with banana slices on top and cup of coffee
RIGHT NOW I AM:
Listening to songs from the Hamilton musical as I'm getting a chance to see it in October - yay!! And working on my weekly planner while I sip hot orange & spice tea. It's cold out today and chilly in my house but trying not to turn the heat up. Fall is here in the northwoods 🍁
AS I LOOK OUTSIDE MY WINDOW
Very gray and breezy. I was out with Ruby earlier and definitely sweater weather today.
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
Not much sun streaming in today. But my living room looks tidy and the big pillows on the couch look inviting for maybe a cat nap later (didn't sleep well last night)
ON THIS WEEK'S TO DO LIST:
CURRENTLY READING
ON THE TV TODAY:
America's Got Talent, Big Brother, Flip or Flop, HGTV shows, Brady bunch property brothers HGTV special, Kids Baking Championship, looking up when some new Fall shows begin that I'd like to see
** still enjoying netflix and watched Anne with an "E", and caught up on Great British Baking Show for the weeks it's been on, and currently bingeing When Calls the Heart series, Annie wants me to watch the Stranger Things series with her too
** still enjoying netflix and watched Anne with an "E", and caught up on Great British Baking Show for the weeks it's been on, and currently bingeing When Calls the Heart series, Annie wants me to watch the Stranger Things series with her too
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY: cauliflower crust margherita pizza, fruit
TUESDAY: rotisserie chicken, veggie and rice pilaf bowls
WEDNESDAY: cajun spiced steaks & biscuits with maple butter, broccoli (BA meal)
THURSDAY: Annie game night (grab something easy?)
FRIDAY: sicilian cauliflower stromboli with hot honey & tomato dip (BA meal)
WHAT I AM CREATING AT THE MOMENT
Still working on finishing my Grandpa's WWII heritage scrapbook and my Mom's family heritage scrapbook, I'm also finally ready to share that I plan to have my Etsy shop up by next week!!! I plan to share sneak preview post later this week 😉
NEW RECIPE I WANT TO TRY THIS WEEK:
I plan to share the sour cream banana bread post and a chocolate chip zucchini muffin one as well
TIP OF THE WEEK:

I have never been able to do this well, but something I strive for. Lol!
#lifegoals
FROM THE CAMERA
PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.
I had zucchini and random chocolate chips to use up - so I made zucchini muffins with semisweet regular and mini chocolate chips and dark chocolate chunks. They were delish! I'll share recipe this week
It's been cold, rainy and Fall-like here - so I've been embracing the moody atmosphere
and embracing sweater weather and cozy moments ☕️
love going out for sushi with my girl 🍣
Can you tell where the swimming pool used to be? Lol! It was fun but obviously a grass killer (just behind the bench the big white circle)
seeing bits of Fall color change around the bay
some charming toadstools that popped up in my yard (haven't caught any fairies yet though 😉 )
ready to get my Autumn shopping on this week (pic from pinterest)
PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.










I think you'll enjoy Stranger Things, it's a fun (little scary to me) nostalgic show. Love seeing all your fall pictures and inspiration. And folding a fitted sheet is not something I've ever managed. Hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quote. My son wants me to watch Stranger things too.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week
Fall is going to look so pretty down by the water! Its a bummer that pools kill the grass! Those muffins sound so yummy!! Have a great week!
ReplyDelete#lifegoals here too! One day I WILL master the fitted sheet fold. Sometimes a Netflix-binge is just what you need. I'm a Great British Baking Show fan too - wish Netflix would add the two seasons that they are missing from the original BBC series. Your weather looks much like ours, have a great week!
ReplyDeleteHello Friend!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely, cozy, autumn post!
So happy to spend time with you during this our season!
I will be right over for a muffin and tv time with you, ok???
Hugs and love!
I've been folding my fitted sheets like that for years, but mine STILL don't look as neat lol I get frustrated at some point and just roll it hahaha
ReplyDeleteI love Great British Baking Show, don't ever miss an episode. Anne with an E is sweet and so is When Calls the Heart. You have a few good ones there to keep you entertained :)
Hope you're having a blessed week, my friend.
xoxo
Oh, goodness, Carrie! All the autumn in your post made me absolutely giddy with delight! I know the sadness that comes as children grow up and grow away. Life changes, but new (different) bonds are forged with them as time moves on. Hang tight, Mama! All is well! My thoughts and prayers are with you.
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of sweater weather...HAVE YOU TRIED BATH AND BODY WORK SWEATER WEATHER BODY SPRAY AND LOTION???? I'm in love with it!!! Ohmygoodness! Be sure and check it out! The smell of it matches your post! <3
Have a lovely week, sweet lady, and, please, send some of that 50 degree weather my way...would you?
God bless you, Carrie! BIG (((HUG))) <3
So glad you are feeling a bit better this week. Taking an "untouchable" amount of time from social media and blogging along with binge watching on Netflix is a wonderful cure for me too! I'm glad you did what YOU needed! I pray Aaron is settling in at college well and that you continue adjusting to the quiet.
ReplyDeleteI adore your Autumn and sweater pictures from pinterest and the quote for this week to go with it. Autumn has arrived here also and I am LOVING it!!!!! Those muffins look perfect for fall.
Have a beautiful week my friend. Sending you BIG hugs and prayers for contentment.