Monday, March 9, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday (& new recipe)



Happy Monday Friends ☀️ 
I hope you weren't too tired when you got with up with the daylight savings switch. It was so dark this morning and I was extra sleepy. Annie was away all weekend for language immersion camp through school (she went for French) - so they gave the kids today off. So I've been hanging with my girl, which has been so nice. 😊 We also had her hockey banquet last night and I'll brag more on that later in the post. Lol 
Thank you for the kind comments about my knee. That has thankfully been much better. Also, I will have an additional post up later this afternoon with pics and info from our Disney trip that I didn't finish last week and post. So watch for that if you like Friends.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and are ready to begin a new week ahead!








THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:






























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING

made a bigger breakfast: grainy whole wheat toast with apple cinnamon jelly, eggs & bacon, coffee














HOW I AM FEELING THIS MORNING:

Tired due to the time change and it was so dark. But on the reverse it was nice to have it be light longer last night. Helps it feel like Spring is really coming back to the northwoods











ON MY MIND:

Mainly focusing on my to do list for the week. Groceries, errands, hospice volunteering, Annie's religious ed, therapy massage appointment, some medical appointments that need to be made, help my Mom, some future projects that will be getting done here:  Annie will be getting a new window in her bedroom. And hopefully we'll get a new back deck this Spring



















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE

I need to throw in another load of laundry. There are dishes to load too, from breakfast and prepping slow cooker soup I put together for dinner later. I'll share that recipe under my menu for the week. It sure smells wonderful already! And it's a healthy WW one. 😉  

















CHORE I'M NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS WEEK:

I've still been putting off my big kitchen clean out - but that needs to happen this week!! 

 















CURRENTLY READING

magazines at the moment














ON THE TV TODAY:

 Spring baking championship,  The Good Doctor, New Amsterdam, Greys Anatomy, This is Us,  Will & Grace, The Bachelor, HGTV shows, The Voice, 911 Lone Star, Outlander, When Calls the Heart









 









ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY - WW slow cooker Italian meatball soup (see recipe below)


TUESDAY - leftover soup, sandwich probably for Annie


WEDNESDAY - parm chicken, roasted potatoes & broccoli


THURSDAY - zucchini zoodles with marinara, garlic bread & fruit


FRIDAY - fish sticks, salad






This is a pic I took of the soupI prepped this AM. It's a WW recipe I found on pinterest posted by thechunkychef.com . Here is the recipe:

WW Slow Cooker Italian Meatball Soup

Ingredients: 

I don't have red wine on hand so I put in just a splash of apple cider vinegar for acidity and depth. I also did salt free beef broth and added the amount of salt I wanted on my own


Directions:




It smells amazing already just cooking up, so I hope that's a great sign for how yummy it will be! 😋 












TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

do my rosary for extra meditative time during this Lenten season and journal a bit













FROM THE CAMERA:


























It was such a beautiful weekend with highs around 50* each day and lots of sunshine and melting snow. For this lovely month of March I got out some of my Celtic decorations and some things for the fairy folk too 🌈  







And here's where I brag on my Girl a bit - at her hockey banquet she lettered for varsity which is so cool at only 13 - and the varsity players awarded a couple of the JV gals and Annie was one of them with this award for being the most positive & kind player. They said beautiful things about her that had me crying. Such a proud Mom moment 😢 









I still haven't picked up a new bird feeder and so still throwing out in the snow. Ruby is loving the action it brings. Lol 











PRAYER LIST:

a friend starting therapy to work on some things in her life, my friend traveling right now on his journey to MN, and for his Mom with health issues currently, our world and coronavirus issues 








PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:

Image result for giving to others inspirational quote

I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Hello!
    That recipe looks good!
    And congratulations to your girl!
    The sun is shining here today, and it is great!
    Enjoyed visiting with you today.
    Looking forward to the Bachelor tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    The soup looks and sounds good.
    I like your Celtic decorations.
    So glad your knee is doing better.
    And - Hooray for Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your photo's! That snow looks gorgeous :-) Well done Annie!!! That is the BEST kind of award, where people see your soul and intentions x

    ReplyDelete