Happy Monday, make that Tuesday my Friends!
I started this post yesterday and I wasn't able to finish it. So I'm leaving what I had started and finishing the rest so I can still join in for the week. Here it is:
I'm getting to this late because it was a busy day. I had some errands and a hair appointment this morning. And Annie has an MD appointment late in the day. Now finished dinner & with my Crew and clean up, so I'm sitting down for some me time. I hope you had a nice weekend and that you're week is starting out great.
It was a nice weekend here. Did lots of fun Christmasy things. A bit more decorating, some shopping online, got my Christmas cards sorted out and ordered, and wrapped lots of gifts. Ad hung out a while and fixed some things for me, including some blinds that I hadn't wanted to bother him with...but took it upon himself to get them and cut them to size and put them up for me. It was a nice surprise and I appreciate how good he is to me even being in separate lives now.
I brought my Mom's laundry back to her one night and wore my mask the whole time and we played a few games of cards. It's been difficult seeing her far less but - I wash my hands, wear my mask and don't stay long so we can at least have some little visits I feel safe about. My son's gf was over hanging out here another night and I made us all a nice dinner and we visited a while. I also caught up on some holiday movies I had taped. Even with all the crazy in the world, it's nice to have just simple moments that feel cozy and like the holidays.
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING
Good grainy toast with butter & jam, coffee with peppermint creamer (tis the season)
HOW I AM FEELING THIS MORNING:
I'm feeling like it feels like the holidays, and yet it doesn't. It's such a weird world yet...but I'm so grateful for the gifts in my life, and keep those as a focus each day.
ON MY MIND:
All things holidays. My home is decorated. I have most of my shopping done and even many gifts wrapped. Scott and his daughter are coming to celebrate with us soon, during his weeks off. Thankfully, for his job he is tested all the time. Trying to figure out how to do things with my Mom and Bro to stay safe for Christmas. Any togetherness we share will be brief and we will wear masks. We won't do a meal together and I will probably share leftovers with them and just celebrate the actual day with the kiddos. My Dad & step Mom aren't sure if they're going to come back from AZ for the holidays (I'm guessing they'll decide not to and I think that is smart). Things just are what they are for now, and I see the light at the end of the tunnel as vaccines are already beginning to roll out in the world. I pray 2021 is such a different year in many ways. 🙏
AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE
CURRENTLY READING
I haven't been reading anything very recently but plan to start Christmas at Holiday House by RaeAnne Thayne next.
ON THE TV TODAY:
HGTV shows, holiday baking shows, American Housewife, Greys Anatomy, The Good Doctor, Mad Men, Great British Baking Show (holiday one too), The Undoing, The Bachelorette, The Crown, Hallmark movies
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - nacho mac & cheese we didn't have last week, fruit
TUESDAY - pancakes with cinnamon cherry topping, breakfast potatoes, bacon, fruit
WEDNESDAY - crispy cheddar chicken with loaded mashed potatoes & broccoli (HF meal) might add side salad too
THURSDAY - BBQ baby back ribs, cheesy buffalo mac, & buttermilk ranch slaw (HF meal)
FRIDAY - Cheesy chicken quesadillas with red pepper crema (HF meal) or may order some takeout
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
go for a walk, watch fun movies, play games with kiddos, wrap more gifts, take a bubble bath
SOMETHING FUN TO SHARE:
There is a new HGTV show that just started called Escape to the Chateau. It's a couple from England that bought and old run down chateau in France and are working to fix it up. I'm obsessed and it's like a secret dream of mine to do something just like that! I recommend checking it out.
FROM THE CAMERA:
Ruby's before and after haircut and cute safe for doggy cookies I got at the groomers
I ordered the above gnome set of cookies from my amazing cookie maker bestie as a gift for my hair dresser. She's not only so great at her job, but she's become a dear friend. So I gave her some gifts and they included those cookies because she's a gnome collector. And she made me the above adorable winter gnome as a gift. Isn't he adorable?? Wonderful friends are beautiful holiday blessings I am so grateful for.
I added some merry and bright to the bedroom with a sweet flocked tree. I have it on a timer so it's my night light I fall asleep to each night. 😍
I am still making cards as a way of volunteering for hospice. And I think some of the recent ones I finished turned out so cute.
PRAYER LIST:
I pray for an end to this virus. For peace, healing and unity in our world. I pray for anyone sick, suffering, isolated, and afraid - for their peace and comfort. Please Lord give strength to those fighting the virus on the frontlines. 🙏 I hope this vaccine will be safe and effective and the beginning of the end for this virus. I pray for everyone to have a very safe, peaceful and happy holiday season.

