Monday, May 24, 2021

Happy Homemaker Monday


  






Hello Friends! 


Happy Monday ☀️  I hope you had a great weekend. It was a strange one here weather wise. Gorgeous and 80* one day and 40's the next! Talk about crazy weather. Lol But not atypical for where I live.

A very nice and fun event this weekend was seeing my Dad and step Mom after so long! They were back from AZ and we celebrated belated Christmas and Mother's Day and had yummy goodies, visited and played games. Also, my son's gf moved back from college and they are renting a house together and started the moving process. Thankfully not too far from my home so I still have my sweet boy handy. 😁 








THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:




























ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING

toast, vanilla iced coffee















ON MY TO DO LIST:


Lunch with an Aunt, errands, groceries, let out my bro's dogs, an appointment, and carpenters here working on my new kitchen cabinets all week
















AS I LOOK AROUND THE HOUSE   

I'm hanging out in the lower level because the carpenter's are working on the new kitchen cabinets. It's clean and tidy down here and Ruby is hanging out with me. 


 Ruby enjoying a little tv while i work at my craft table. 



















CURRENTLY READING

Sunshine Girl an unexpected life: by Julianna Margulies












ON THE TV TODAY:

 Escape to the Chateau, New Amsterdam, Masked Singer, Greys Anatomy, This is Us, The Good Doctor,  The Resident,  Mare of Easttown, finishing more of Schitts Creek on netflix, some vlogs on youtube




 













ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

MONDAY - 

TUESDAY - 

WEDNESDAY -  

THURSDAY - 

FRIDAY -  

*I don't have a set plan this week, a lot of my kitchen is displaced into my dining and living room. So going to play it by ear depending on how long they're working.
















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

read out in the sun (when it comes back out), take Ruby for walks, organize some things in my bedroom, watch a movie










TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:















FROM THE CAMERA:
my sweet Ruby got her haircut 😍 








I hadn't shared that my kiddos had gotten me these beautiful stained glass hummingbirds. Do they know me or what?? 😉 














I love these new solar lanterns I found that cast the shadow of the trees - they're so very pretty at night



the moon and clouds were so pretty the other night




Brownies from scratch (had them warm with ice cream) for my Dad and step Mom's visit












PRAYER LIST:

I pray for an end to this virus. For peace, healing and unity in our world.  I pray for anyone sick, suffering, isolated, and afraid - for their peace and comfort. Please Lord give strength to those fighting the virus on the frontlines.  🙏 And may the vaccines continue to help the numbers go down and life become more normal.  For peace and healing in my heart with someone I care about and yet I struggle with them.  Blessings over my son's new home.   













PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:



I'm linking with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.

9 comments:

  1. Glad you have a peaceful place to be while they work on the kitchen. I'm really looking forward to the finished product.
    Pretty stained glass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to adopt my menu plan for this week! Sounds like you have lots going on there, but sounds like you have things under control. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carrie, love the stained glass and the 'Peace' quote! And all the little glimpses of your pretty home and flowers. Ruby looks so cute with her haircut and how wonderful that your son and gf are going to be living close by. So nice that you were able to visit with your Dad and step-Mom, too. I am so glad that we are turning a corner with this awful pandemic and can hug our loved ones once more. How exciting that you are getting your kitchen remodel started! It's so disruptive in the process, but so worth all the trouble when it's all done. All my 'kids'(ha-ha, they are in their 40's) are living through remodels right now, and it is no picnic in the park :) Enjoy your week and hope you get more sunshine. I am still waiting for the sun. Sending hugs xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you getting your kitchen done, but oh what a project! So happy you finally had some family time with your dad too! How nice that some things are getting back to "normal". Ruby is always adorable, but more so in her bandana and bows. I LOVE your devotion. Have a blessed week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love the stained glass! I'm sure your new kitchen will be so nice! I can't wait so see my parents too.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Lovely lady! A new kitchen is so exciting! And you have a lovely place to hang out while they work. Beautiful photos! And you know I had my eye on those brownies too, right?? Praying with you my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those stained glass hummingbirds are beautiful and I love that solar lantern. Your weather sounds like Missouri weather. Congrats to your son and his gf on their new home. How exciting. Loved seeing all your photos. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruby looks adorable. I love her bows! I love the simple vases with he flowers. When we had our kitchen remodeled a few years ago, I used the instant pot a lot. It was easy to relocate to the dinning room, just a hassle to find all the stuff you needed. Good luck with the kitchen remodel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe, Ruby is so adorable!!

    I love those stained glass! So precious.

    ReplyDelete