Hello Friends and happy new week to you ☀️
I hope you've been enjoying some lazy summer days and lots of sunshine and relaxation. I've been loving summer this year and embracing these lovely days. Today has been a mix of some rain/storms and then sun. Mother Nature seems moody today!
How was your weekend? It was a fun and relaxing one here. Last Friday I reconnected with an old friend from the neighborhood where I grew up.... she was an old grade school bestie. She lives in TX now but was up visiting, and her Mom wanted us all to get together. So I met up with her, and her folks, her hubby and one of her sons. It was a really fun blast from the past. 😊
And then Matt and I had a date night out with my bestie and her hubby. I used to do lots of couples time with them and sure missed that these past years. They loved Matt and it was SO FUN!! We went out to dinner and then watched rescheduled fireworks in our area (it had been rainy on the 4th). It was just one of those perfect summer date nights. We talked about all the fun date nights we plan to have more regularly. 🤩
We also made a quick run overnight to Matt's cabin. His Mom is a retired English and drama teacher and she organizes a production for the community center in their area every summer. One of her former students is an amazing drummer and has a throwback "big band" style band. The production this year was themed around Frank Sinatra and they had the most amazing Frank sounding singer! I'll include a video clip below. And then we hung out with his folks enjoying the lake and playing games and visiting. I want summer weekends like these never to end!
I'm definitely recharged and ready to dive into the new week ahead...
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:
just some iced coffee with coffee cake flavored oatmilk creamer this morning 😋
ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:
errands, chiropractor visits, coffee with a friend, movie with my SIL, more blog posts, home projects, date night with friends, hospice work
THINKING ABOUT:
How blessed I am to feel so content in my personal life. 💝
Of course my heart hurts for so much crazy that is going on in the world. I worry, pray daily, and take action in all the ways I'm able.
But I can't help feeling such joy, personally, when I look back at years past that were the worst of my life. I'm proud of how far I have come in my healing. I'm looking forward to lots of summer plans yet ahead - and I do it with a heart filled with gratitude for entering this chapter of answered prayers. ♥️
Also been thinking about how I want to start doing more regular blogging time besides just Mondays - so I'm going to plan on recipe Thursdays again and go from there to hopefully add additional days.
** I have a really yummy recipe that turned out so well this past weekend, that I will share on Thursday 😋
CURRENTLY READING
Marigolds for Malice by Bailey Cattrell
ON THE TV TODAY:
Grace & Frankie on netflix, Becoming Elizabeth, America's Got Talent, Big Brother, movies taped
ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:
MONDAY - finally got groceries last week - so finally making tacos! Lol
TUESDAY - taco salad leftovers, watermelon
WEDNESDAY - turkey caprese sandwiches with fresh mozz, spinach, tomatoes, & pesto, chips, veggies and dip
THURSDAY - maybe pancakes, breakfast potatoes, bacon, fruit?
or maybe grill something?
FRIDAY - might be out for dinner?
TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:
read, do yoga, walk Ruby, maybe a pontoon ride
TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:
FROM THE CAMERA:
It was so fun to catch up with a friend from the "old neighborhood"
date night with friends was so fun ending with catching fireworks sitting out on a lovely night
The property Matt owns on Ten Mile Lake feels like home already too me, and reminds me of where my Grandma lived and how special that place always was to me growing up.
The Sinatra show Matt's Mom put on was so great! And Matt entered me into a drawing for this amazing CD collection and I won! 🌟 I love his folks already and we had such a great time. Here's a video so you can have a peek at how talented they all were:
I made this keto friendly cheeseburger bake and it was SO YUMMY! I will post it later this week.
PRAYER LIST:
For healing for my Mom's back issues. For healing in so much of our world - especially where peace and unity is needed. 🙏




