Monday, November 7, 2022

Happy Homemaker Monday





Hello!! 
Happy Monday to you wonderful Friends. ☀️🍁

First of all, thank you so much for all of the lovely comments about my daughter Annie and her dance last week. I have to agree on her beauty - and it's inside and out! I know, she is growing up so fast! Please know, I love the time you all choose to spend here and leave me comments or even talk to me "behind the scenes". I treasure you all and the way many of you have been part of my journey for so long. So thanks again! 🙏 

How was your weekend? It was a busy and very fun here. Friday involved going out to a high school musical show with some gf's (the director of the musical is a friend of ours) and then out for dinner to celebrate our Fall birthdays together. Saturday Matt and I went to dinner with the C's and their daughter. And yesterday Matt and I watched football after church (how's about those Packers - yikes!...it's definitely not our year. Lol). And last night Matt & I went out for a lovely fancy dinner at revolving restaurant on top of a local hotel. You can see all the lovely as it spins slowly so you get 360 views as you dine. And we did that to celebrate our 1 year anniversary! I can't believe how fast this year flew by!! But I'm beyond grateful for it being one of the most wonderful and special years of my life. I sure said lots of thank you's to the Lord in church yesterday, for this chapter of answered prayers. 😊 ♥️ 





















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:



































ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


yogurt, coffee
















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

errands, more work on my closet, go vote, some holiday planning things, Annie hockey game, hospice work, call a cousin of mine to catch up, bring some things to my Mom 


















THINKING ABOUT:  

How I'm so grateful during this month of gratitude. I am trying to use this month to truly focus on blessings. Do things that may help others. And use it as a time of reflection, growth and anticipation before the crazy holiday season begins. 



















CURRENTLY READING

not sure about new book yet?
















ON THE TV TODAY:

Great British Baking Championship,  DWTS,  Survivor, The Good Doctor, New Amsterdam, Shark Tank, Quantam Leap, Handmaids Tale (Hulu), Ghosts, The Rookie, Miss Scarlet & The Duke

*looking forward to checking out Spirited with Ryan Reynolds and Will Ferrell! 😀 




















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

    MONDAY - breakfast for dinner


TUESDAY - clean out fridge


WEDNESDAY - rigatoni rosa with zucchini & parm & salad (HF meal)


THURSDAY - paprika chicken in lemony sauce w/ pistachio rice & roasted carrots (HF meal)


FRIDAY - brown sugar bourbon pork chops with apple pan sauce, scallion mashed potatoes & roasted brussel sprouts (HF meal) - or might be out for dinner and make this on the weekend



 


















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

do meditation & journal time, read my bible, take a bath















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:





They are already giving warnings for our potential first winter storm this weekend! Aaackk! 😑 So I thought these seemed appropriate.
 















FROM THE CAMERA:












I thought I would share a few pics from Halloween last week. I had the cider brewing, spooky snacks out, all the jack-o-lanterns lit, and friends came over and brought Chinese food for the kids & Matt & I and we had a really fun night!
















The beauty that is November. Lots of leaves off of the trees but my hedges are putting on a show and there's a beauty in the bare and the stillness in my opinion. 







One of my bday gifts from a bestie was this decoration that lights up (it's big too- like 2 feet tall) and I guess it's Matt & I in gingerbread. Lol








View from the anniversary dinner restaurant looking out the window at the moon but you can see the reflection inside of some of the restaurant too. There was beautiful views of Lake Superior, the Lift bridge and the lights of the city. 

it's only been a year but I feel like I've known Matt my whole life


And my gift from Matt - no it's not for "that finger" but it's a ring of promise. That he's "all in" and loves me and my kiddos and will be there for us forever. And it's in green and gold because the Packers brought us together. Lol (it's gold, emerald & diamonds).  I sure love that guy. ♥️ 












PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country. For my Mom having troubles with her back and for Matt's Mom dealing with covid right now.

 For overall peace and healing in our world. 🙏 















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


I hope you have a very blessed week ahead Friends! I'm sharing this with Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


21 comments:

  1. Hello! I've been slacking on visiting/commenting other blogs lately. I love the show Ghosts! Of course my favorite character is Thorfin. LOL That looks like the only show we have in common now that House of the Dragon is done for two years.

    So okay, how did the Packers bring you two crazy kids together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Of course you like him Deb - you Viking lover you. Ggrr. 😉 And the Packers brought us together because I met Matt on a dating app. And I looked at his profile and thought "he's too young, and never had kids so he won't understand how they're my priority" etc. I was very pre-judgmental...not nice I know. But he's from MN and he said how he was this big Packer fan. So I thought, I need to at least talk to this guy because of that and just tease him a bit and then I'll move on. Well boy was I wrong about all my judgements of things! He's only 6 years younger so not a big difference. And he's an amazing family guy and he's already practically like a stepdad to my kiddos and they adore him.

      Delete
    2. Nice!
      We used to go to Minnesota for one Vikings game each season. I loved Minneapolis!!!! But I'm not a traveler so I don't have anything to compare it to. lol Anyway, we did that for 5 years, took a break when they started building their new stadium, and haven't been back since. We didn't see them play the Packers though. Even over there, Packer game prices were crazy. Although now, I bet those tickets are getting pretty cheap. =P

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary you two!!!! I am so very happy for you my lovely friend. You deserve so much happiness and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy post! Congrats on one year. I've loved following along here and seeing things progress. Matt's wonderful and you two are both a blessing for each other.
    Your dinner place looks gorgeous!
    I watch a lot of the same shows - Survivor, Good Doctor, Ghosts, British Baking Show, Quantum Leap. All good!
    Your party looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari! You've always been such a wonderful and supportive blogland friend. I'm so grateful and God is so good!

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary, that restaurant looks like a special place to celebrate, love the ring :)
    The decorating for Halloween and outside your door looks terrific, I loved the pumpkin wrapped in mummy cloth, too cute.
    Wishing both your mother's quick healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie! I feel so blessed and happy. And I"ve been loving this Fall season so much! Both Moms are doing better - so thank you very much!

      Delete
  5. Hi Carrie, I am starting with the ring...GORGEOUS!!!! I know we just met, but I am so happy you are happy :) Your inspirational message really hit home, and I am printing it out and putting by my desk to remind myself this. Your spooky decor was soooooo fun and your pictures were lovely around your home. They looked like pictures from a magazine. Your menu, delightful...I must make a note to add breakfast to my dinner menu...I forgot again....
    Thank you for visiting my blog and your kind words.
    xo
    Julieann🤍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julieann! You are so sweet. I loved that inspiration too and it is the kind of thing to be a wonderful daily reminder - I agree. 😊 Love having such a lovely new blogland Friend. 🤗

      Delete
  6. Such gorgeous photos but what is that drink with the coffee beans(?), I'm intrigued! LOL. You just sound so happy and that makes my heart happy for you. Winter storm? YIKES. Hope your mom and Matt's mom both start to feel better soon. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean! It means so much to me. 😊
      The drink was an espresso martini and it was amazing!! The meal was chicken fried lobster - which sounds crazy but was incredible. It had a hollandaise to go with it. And smashed potatoes, fried shrimp (which Matt ate as I don't care for shrimp) and salad. We shared chocolate ganache cake for dessert. So good!! Both Moms are improving thankfully!!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE all your pictures! And your fall decor outside is so fun! Happy Anniversary - it's so good to see you smile so BIG. And I LOVE the symbolism of the ring on so many levels. :D

    I'm making up a spray bottle of that deicer mixture. Our weather has been exceptionally similar to yours and the mountains around us are ringed in white, which is fairly early snow for us. Even without the snow our rain and low nighttime temps has been icing the windshields. If the storm you get this weekend is the same one we had this past weekend making its way to you then all I can say is batten down the hatches!

    Prayers for both your moms as they heal. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tamy! And for your support always. Here as a blogland bud and on social media. Just adore you Lady! We put all the deck furniture away. I have the shovel handy - I'm ready. But not looking forward to any of it. Winter is definitely coming. Thanks for the prayers. Both Moms are feeling better. xo

      Delete
  8. Happy Anniversary!
    Cider looks yummy!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! Appreciate it and hope you're feeling better every day! xo

      Delete
  9. Happy anniversary, lovely promise ring! Loved your Halloween food set up and that restaurant looks like fun. Have a great rest of the week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucie! It means a lot. I hope your week is going great as well! xo

      Delete
  10. Happy Anniversary!!! You deserve all the happiness in the world. I am so happy and thrilled that God brought you and Matt together. And can I say, I LOVE that promise ring? He is such a sweet guy.

    Love all your pictures, as always.

    I hope you're having a wonderfully blessed week, my sweet friend.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uhhhh that was my comment above, not sure why it posted as anonymous. Google is weird.

    ReplyDelete