Monday, November 28, 2022

Happy Homemaker Monday

 





Happy Monday!

I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving last week (those that celebrated). Ours had a few hiccups as my daughter Annie was just getting over the flu - so she ate with us but in the room next to us, not right at the table. And my son Aaron had just gotten sick. So he stayed away. And my Mom didn't want to risk germs so she stayed home. So it was just Matt & I with my brother and SIL (& Annie adjacent Lol). Matt's folks live in AZ in the  winter. But it was still nice to catch up with family and to share in a wonderful meal and give God thanks for His abundant blessings in our lives. And we even played games that Annie could participate in too, without sitting right at the table. Matt & I brought leftovers to my Mom (masked) and to Aaron. I made yummy turkey noodle soup with leftovers. 😋 It's my favorite meal of the year and the leftovers are the best part! 

It was a productive one too. Matt & I got the outdoor Fall decorations put away and put up the winter ones. I'm still working on the inside transformation, but it will get done this week. We ran errands and did our other usual weekend things too.

We also had such a great time with our friends, the C's, last week and watched a dueling piano comedy/music show. All and all a wonderful holiday break and now onto the festivities of this holiday season ahead....


















THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:

































ON THE BREAKFAST PLATE THIS MORNING:


half of a an everything bagel, coffee



















ON MY TO DO LIST THIS WEEK:

errands, decorate for the holidays, hospice work, Annie's hockey, meet up with some friends, work on some homemade Christmas gifts, 


















THINKING ABOUT:  

The fact that 28 years ago today I was proposed to by my ex. We had been together since we were 16 and I was 23 years old at this point. He did it in a neat way so I didn't suspect anything. I changed majors and so I was on the 5 year plan at college. I was in my senior year and starting an internship. It was a Monday and the weather was really snowy and so he offered to drive me to and pick me up after my shift. He said that we should go out for dinner and celebrate, so he took us to our favorite Vietnamese restaurant. The he drove us to a lookout point where you could see lights all over the city (it was already dark) because it was still snowing so pretty. He was talking to me about how proud he was of me pursuing my career and happy with his job plans for the future. He pulled a bouquet of red roses out of the back of the car (my favorite). And he said that what we had was so wonderful and he wanted us to be together forever. He then pulled a ring out of his pocket and proposed. I was so surprised and of course so happy and said a lot of "shut up's" and then finally, yes. 

Sometimes I'm still puzzled how he could change so much after almost 30 years together that really were so wonderful... and created a beautiful family of 4. How I loved and took care of his parents and loved all of his family like my own. Only to have him lose his way and have an affair with a secretary half his age that worked for him - just the total cliche. She lives with him now and still works for him. From everything he's shared years since all of this - he has never expressed being happy. Just that he's made the best out of the choices he made. My heart hurts for him. He is still good to me in how he provides and the kids have a good relationship with him now - which makes me very happy. 

I am truly grateful for all that once was. And that I can reminisce on a date like today's and think of it with far less pain and even some positive feelings again. And I'm especially thankful for how I was able to become stronger from all that I went through. I've learned a lot about who I am as an individual and I rebuilt a life that I now love. And I'm in love with the most wonderful man, and best friend, I could have ever hoped to have for a second chapter of life. ♥️ 























CURRENTLY READING

 Enough Already by Valerie Bertinielli
















ON THE TV TODAY:

    Survivor, The Good Doctor, New Amsterdam, Shark Tank,  Ghosts, The Crown, The Patient (netflix), Holiday baking shows, Hallmark movies

















ON THE MENU THIS WEEK:

    MONDAY - turkey soup, salad, grilled sandwiches


TUESDAY - beef with gouda cheddar fondue and asparagus, apple, fingerling potatoes & baguette (HF meal)


WEDNESDAY - ham & cheese pinwheels, tomato soup, fruit


THURSDAY - prosciutto croque madame sandwiches, pickled shallot salad (Hf meal)


FRIDAY - might be out for dinner?






 
















TO RELAX THIS WEEK I WILL:

go out with gf's, take a bath, listen to Christmas music and decorate

















TIPS OR SOMETHING TO SHARE:




* I saw this on pinterest and thought it was a neat idea





















FROM THE CAMERA:
My pretty little girl just got a haircut




At one point one of the dueling piano artists left and came back dressed as Elton John and performed some of his songs. It was a great show and both pianists were so talented (& hilarious!)












For Thanksgiving each place setting had a "cracker" that you pulled apart to open and find a funny paper crown, joke, and a little toy or prize. Also, a pumpkin pie made by Deb of It's Always Something blog I had each of us write down something we were thankful for (or things). And put the slips in the pie pieces, along with a little piece of candy. We each took a turn reading what someone wrote. It's a tradition I plan to continue 😊 
























PRAYER LIST:

 For an end to the conflict in the Ukraine and other areas of the world living in war & fear. For peace and unity in this country, especially from hate and anymore shootings!  For anyone sick, suffering, in pain or fear... that God bring them comfort and peace.  For my step Dad having heart surgery soon. 🙏 
















PRAYER, INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE OR DEVOTIONAL:


Guilty!! Lol




Have a wonderful week! I'm sharing this Sandra of Diary of a SAHM for Happy Homemaker Monday.


8 comments:

  1. Hello, my lovely friend! Sorry you had some sick ones at Thanksgiving. You know, reading blogs today, I see so many people saying the same thing. Seems as if Covid and the Flu are making the rounds. I think your Thanksgiving looks lovely even with the adjustments! The meme about the ornaments is me!!!! I sit down on the couch, and look at the tree and if I see one slightly crooked, up I go! LOL Anyway, have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you Carrie! Some things in life I will never understand but it always seems like things happen for a reason. I am so happy you are happy and at peace now. Happy second chapter of life and happy holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard of so many people who had illness over Thanksgiving. I'm sorry it happened to you too, but good for you for making the best of it.
    Thanks for sharing your engagement story. It makes no sense, again, you have remained positive and I'm so happy for the joy in your life now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear the kids were sick, it seems like every year one of us is sick for a holiday. Being in the Air Force we have had many dinners just the two of us. So sorry to hear about all you went through with your Ex, I have been very surprised about the way people change over the years. My daughter just went through a divorce after 10 years and that was dramatic enough, thankfully they had not had kids so that wasn't something they had to deal with. I am so happy you have found a great guy and like you said best friend!
    I love the idea about the casserole dishes, I am always buying plastic to send meals in but that would be a nice thing to have something they could throw in the oven.
    Your Thanksgiving table was so cute. Good for you already having decorations up, it seems to be later and later for me every year. I did finally take down all the Autumn decorations today, so a good clean and then time to get out the Christmas decorations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a good Thanksgiving, even with Annie being sick. Glad you can now reminisce with good feelings, the better for you! May this 2nd chapter of your life be a great one. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, I'm so sorry both your kiddos were sick at Thanksgiving. So many bugs going around right now. Lots of sick teachers and kiddos at my work, plus my son's best friend. Hope the rest of you have stayed healthy. Glad you were able to make the best of your holiday and still enjoy it. Hooray for so much happiness in your second chapter. Hope you are having a wonderful week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful Thanksgiving you had! Ours was wonderful too, but not nearly as pretty! Are you enjoying the Valerie Bertinelli book? I have always liked her since I was a kid watching her on One Day at a Time lol. I hope you have a great remainder of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had a nice Thanksgiving despite the hiccups - sorry to be so late this week. I hope Annie and Aaron are both back up and around feeling good. Your pies look delicious!

    Being able to look back and looking forward at the same time has given you such a beautiful perspective! I'm so happy you've reached that point of closure and moving forward at the same time.

    I hope you have a GREAT weekend.

    ReplyDelete